epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
Anybody else feels ashamed because they have a health problem others don't have ?

People around me are supportive but I still feel lesser to other people because of my illness. I would be super embarrassed if my peers find out about illness (except for immediate family) even though my illness is not embarrassing. I am afraid that the news will leak out some day and everybody I know, knows about it. There is something really embarrassing about it . Anybody else feels the same way ?

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld, DFFP, NodusTollens and 6 others
DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
I don't think I'm ashamed I simply dislike my body because of its flaws. I'm not physically disabled but I have some problems that are mild and annoying. So in my case it's rather anger than shame. But of course your feelings are right too. I understand you might be afraid of what others might think.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld, NodusTollens, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
H

Hyperbunny

Student
Sep 12, 2020
Anybody else feels ashamed because they have a health problem others don't have ?

People around me are supportive but I still feel lesser to other people because of my illness. I would be super embarrassed if my peers find out about illness (except for immediate family) even though my illness is not embarrassing. I am afraid that the news will leak out some day and everybody I know, knows about it. There is something really embarrassing about it . Anybody else feels the same way ?
yes

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and epic
rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
Yeah for sure. My disease has some embarrassing/shameful components.
I'm sorry you're dealing with this op.

• Hugs
Reactions: DFFP, Lostandlooking and epic
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
Yeah for sure. My disease has some embarrassing/shameful components.
I'm sorry you're dealing with this op.
Thanks for the kind words ! I hope you get well soon.

• Love
Reactions: rabbithole