J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
The experience of "rebirth" and the feeling of strangeness in everyday experiences offered by lsd, experiencing the depths of my empathy on mdma, experiencing the iron will and "clear headed" (in comparison to alcohol) self-confidence given by amphetamine, these have been some of the most amazing experiences of my life. At the same time, i fully understand the danger involved in the long term use of these substances. The thing is, life is dangerous. Alcohol, tobacco, unhealthy foods, etc. There are so many dangerous things that are completely legal in most societies. In the end, what is the real basis of the ban on drugs? Ignorance.

Every drug, alcohol and the illegal ones, offer a slightly different alteration to what is our normal way of experiencing life. The experience can be addictive, and thus, destructive in long term, due to the nature of these chemicals that offer the expreience. Despite of this, these experiences are generally seen as "worth it" by the ones who have any experience on them.

Just look at alcohol. Nobody is seriously suggesting that we should ban alcohol, despite of all the problems and misery that alcohol use and alcoholism cause, which can be argued are even more severe than the potential harm caused by some of the currently illegal drugs. It's usually the people who haven't used drugs who have the "strongest" opinions about them, those are the people who want to fight drugs, keep them illegal no matter what. In the end, it's only because they have no idea what they are talking about.

Reactions: Oblivion Access, hungry_ghost, motel rooms and 3 others
natali4

natali4

Student
May 24, 2021
I tried lsd with my ex for the first time two years ago, and it was the most euphoric experience of my life. I have bad anxiety, and no drug/person/situation has ever made me feel so calm like LSD did. I truly believe that it has some real potential to help people with depression/anxiety or other mental health problems.

Reactions: hungry_ghost and motel rooms
tiredplant777

tiredplant777

Student
Jul 23, 2021
I try to be careful with anything that is addictive, because having an addiction to a substance is the last thing I need, but yeah I get this. Psychedelics have really helped me, and I'm planning on doing mushrooms on a regular basis to see if it can help with my ptsd and mental health, and also just because why not.

J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
Every drug, alcohol and the illegal ones, offer a slightly different alteration to what is our normal way of experiencing life. The experience can be addictive, and thus, destructive in long term, due to the nature of these chemicals that offer the expreience. Despite of this, these experiences are generally seen as "worth it" by the ones who have any experience on them.
I think people who enjoy self-destructing through the use of these chemicals should have the right to do so. Is that really so crazy? It could also be that i think like this because I don't quite understand addiction.

I mean, i've been addicted to smoking and that sucked, no doubt about it. But it was never the number one focus/problem in my life, so i genuinely don't understand how someone would throw their lives away for some high and not be happy about it.