lilin

lilin

Nov 22, 2020
Apparently you could end up with acute dystonia for life after just one dose. Happens very rarely but it could happen and there's no way to predict it.
I've had bought meto before reading all the topics on here about this issue. Thought everything will be perfect and I will go peacefully. Now I feel broken. I know that taking SN without AE is risky, but I'm too scared to take meto now.

• Informative
Reactions: Enemy of Evolution, Jarni and Wunderkind
W

Wunderkind

❤️Travel by bus
Nov 25, 2022
If my method was SN I would only take ibuprofen with SN. This is not advice, these are just my thoughts.

Reactions: Minibosterita and stilhavinightmares
M

MideonNViscera

Student
Nov 26, 2021
I have Seroquel which apparently counts, so I will take it, but if I didn't I would probably go without as well. Due to laziness though, not fear of some sort of side effect. The sodium nitrite is infinitely more dangerous after all.

Reactions: m4rius
lilin

lilin

Nov 22, 2020
I have Seroquel which apparently counts, so I will take it, but if I didn't I would probably go without as well. Due to laziness though, not fear of some sort of side effect. The sodium nitrite is infinitely more dangerous after all.
If you take just sn and somebody finds you before you die, you're taken to hospital, are given methylene blue and most likely feel bad for a few days, then recover and go home without any serious long-term side effects. Meto can give you terrific side effects for life after just one dose. It can be so serious that you won't even be able to try ctb'ing ever again. Google 'acute dystonia metoclopramide' on youtube. This shit is scary as fuck.
In my opinion sn is less dangerous, because either you die or you don't. But there are no serious side effects if you don't.

Reactions: Jarni
M

MideonNViscera

Student
Nov 26, 2021
Every case report I can find of this happening also shows that they were immediately treated and cured. A 1 in 500 chance is surprisingly high, but it doesn't seem like anything that is going to ruin your life if you get treatment immediately. Sounds like a known issue with known solutions.

They even fixed some kids, and a 61 year old. I wasn't able to find any where it was permanent, although I only read about 5 case reports.

J

Jadzia

Name is from Star Trek. I'm not from E. Europe
May 8, 2019
If I take SN I will take Domperidone as an antiemetic

Reactions: deathissosad
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I do know what you mean. It is scary. I was prescribed meto for sickness relating to gallstones years back. I didn't even properly read or understand the side effects but thankfully, nothing unwanted happened. I still have some left but they're a year out of date. I tried one the other day though and again, nothing untoward happened. Of course- I don't know how potent they still are and you're not supposed to take them past the expiry date. Still- I figure that's partly because the big pharmaceuticals make more money that way. (Although I realise for some meds, expiry dates are more serious than others, I realise it is a risk)

For me personally, I likely would still take the meto (even out of date.) I'm not so sure dystonia would come on so quickly? Plus, in theory, I would be just about to kill myself and I think consequences of the SN failing would likely be worse.

I guess the worry would be that the dystonia would incapacitate you before you could CTB- in which case- I'm screwed anyway because I live alone.

That's just me though. I hope if/when I come to CTB, I will be dead set on seeing it through (excuse the pun.) Plus, I want to give myself every chance of it succeeding and an antiemetic seems wise. I think someone suggested an OTC antiemetic to @hellogirl the other day- so maybe worth checking that out.

Sadly, it seems like we're all on very lonely paths when it comes to CTB. We can read all the cases and advice but nothing is certain. I started really thinking about enteric coated capsules after someone mentioned them the other day. (That only dissolve once they reach the small intestine.) It sounded like a promising idea till I read they can take 2 hours to dissolve... It all feels like such a horrible gamble doesn't it?

• Aww..
Reactions: Midnight-rain, releasespieces and jessisme
releasespieces

releasespieces

Poles are shifting, death is looming
Jun 26, 2022
I feel you, I'm in that camp somewhat myself. I sort of like the idea of simplifying things as much as possible. SN with a second glass, some ibuprophen, fasting a day before hand… just go for it. Chances are it's going to kill you even if you do vomit and you are left alone for 24-48 hours.

Reactions: kallemi, Jarni and stilhavinightmares
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I have decided I'm just using ibuprofen/Tylenol and maybe some orally disintegrating zofran. Straight to the point. I have confidence in this method, as long as there is a backup glass and assured isolation.

Reactions: releasespieces
Thisisme373

Thisisme373

Arcanist
Feb 16, 2019
Can you successfully ctb taking SN with no antiemetic's?

lilin

lilin

Nov 22, 2020
yes, but you must have a backup glass prepared to drink when you vomit. Personally, I'll have even more than one backup glass, just in case.
I plan to use benzocaine gel on my tongue and gums to make them numb. This way the sn drink should be more bearable and I'll have less nausea.
And I've just found out about Itopride, which is antiemetic + prokinetic just like meto, but doesn't have all the side effects. It's perfectly safe. I'm 100% using it.

Reactions: Mayonaise, releasespieces and Thisisme373
Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
I worry so much about the effects of the SN now. After reading thread after thread of people failing even after taking 20 grams, the illness that would follow that would be horrendous. How do we know that we'll be able to take the second glass if the first one is vomited. I worry that the room would be spinning, that motor skills would be non existent, that a stomach ache or abdominal pain would be acute, and the nausea might prevent me from drinking a second glass. After reading these damn failure threads (that just happened, I wasn't looking for them) I'm so scared now. I'm so afraid that my SN will just make me sick, and not kill me.

Reactions: Midnight-rain, Sunbeam87! and Jarni
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Yep. Here's an example of one guy who did it with no antiemetics. I really like this example because his death was observed by other members and they posted what they saw in the thread: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/goodbye-thread-today-10-00-pm-utc-2.50562/

There's also this: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-on-the-forum-as-a-cause-of-sn-failure.47986/

Reactions: Thisisme373 and Jarni
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
I worry so much about the effects of the SN now. After reading thread after thread of people failing even after taking 20 grams, the illness that would follow that would be horrendous. How do we know that we'll be able to take the second glass if the first one is vomited. I worry that the room would be spinning, that motor skills would be non existent, that a stomach ache or abdominal pain would be acute, and the nausea might prevent me from drinking a second glass. After reading these damn failure threads (that just happened, I wasn't looking for them) I'm so scared now. I'm so afraid that my SN will just make me sick, and not kill me.

i think the higher the expectations you have for a quick & easy CTB with SN the more scared you will be. if you expected it to be quick and painless then any deviation from that will be an unpleasant discovery. in many cases it can lead to a quick and peaceful CTb, but one should not expect it to work in the ideal way 100% of the time. hypothetically if 70% of the time you can CTB quick and painlessly, you gotta also prepare for the other 30% with discomfort at various levels.

i think you will do better if you go into it expecting some bumps along the CTB road. the room spinning and not being able to walk would be scary, and stomach pain would be scary, but just expect it to happen, and if it doesnt happen or if it happens at a lower intensity than you thought then it will be a pleasant surprise.

• Love
Reactions: Midnight-rain, releasespieces, Judy Garland and 3 others
releasespieces

releasespieces

Poles are shifting, death is looming
Jun 26, 2022
i think the higher the expectations you have for a quick & easy CTB with SN the more scared you will be. if you expected it to be quick and painless then any deviation from that will be an unpleasant discovery. in many cases it can lead to a quick and peaceful CTb, but one should not expect it to work in the ideal way 100% of the time. hypothetically if 70% of the time you can CTB quick and painlessly, you gotta also prepare for the other 30% with discomfort at various levels.

i think you will do better if you go into it expecting some bumps along the CTB road. the room spinning and not being able to walk would be scary, and stomach pain would be scary, but just expect it to happen, and if it doesnt happen or if it happens at a lower intensity than you thought then it will be a pleasant surprise.
I agree entirely. Expect the worst and have a realistic view about the side effects.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
How do we know that we'll be able to take the second glass if the first one is vomited.
I think that would depend on whether you are truly resolved to ctb.

Reactions: Jarni and WorthlessTrash
Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
I think that would depend on whether you are truly resolved to ctb.
Yeah, I would have to slam it down like a boss. I just don't know what to do right now. I'm thinking of ways I could make my life better but none of it is easy and there's always a hoop I have to jump through. I really want to die. I just don't want to fail and be sick for days after.

• Aww..
Reactions: WorthlessTrash
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yeah, I would have to slam it down like a boss. I just don't know what to do right now. I'm thinking of ways I could make my life better but none of it is easy and there's always a hoop I have to jump through. I really want to die. I just don't want to fail and be sick for days after.
Right there with you, as far as making it as certain as possible that I don't fail. Not really trying to think of ways to make my life better. I'm way past that. Just don't want it anymore.

Reactions: Midnight-rain and Lonerzepam
freevoid

freevoid

Student
Jul 11, 2022
Apparently you could end up with acute dystonia for life after just one dose. Happens very rarely but it could happen and there's no way to predict it.
I've had bought meto before reading all the topics on here about this issue. Thought everything will be perfect and I will go peacefully. Now I feel broken. I know that taking SN without AE is risky, but I'm too scared to take meto now.

Same. I'm gonna take meclizine, (or zofran/ondanstrenon if I can get it from a gp). I'm scared of meto fucking up chance to CTB.

Also considering that most people still vomit even with an anti-emetic...it's much of a muchness isn't it? Obviously its better to take it in the event that it does work, but really it's a crap shoot. The second glass seems more important than anything.

Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Same. I'm gonna take meclizine, (or zofran/ondanstrenon if I can get it from a gp). I'm scared of meto fucking up chance to CTB.

Also considering that most people still vomit even with an anti-emetic...it's much of a muchness isn't it? Obviously its better to take it in the event that it does work, but really it's a crap shoot. The second glass seems more important than anything.
I also have doubts to how important meto is. People seem to vomit regardless even after just a couple minutes and if you look up the side effects of meto one of the is nausea/vomiting.

TydalWave

TydalWave

Brutally Self-Aware
Sep 20, 2022
I am confused. Why are you worried about a rare potential life long side effect when you are taking this to die in the first place?

Meto dramatically reduces failure of SN from vomiting. Even if you were to somehow fail, survive and get this rare side effect--if your truly committed to CTB then your not really in the category of people who would suffer for life from this side effect...

You should put more thought into this decision as a whole and make sure your 100% committed to CTB. And if you come to the conclusion that you are, then my recommendation is to take the recommended dose of meto. Worst case scenario you fail, and take the SN again without it.

Reactions: Lonerzepam
freevoid

freevoid

Student
Jul 11, 2022
I am confused. Why are you worried about a rare potential life long side effect when you are taking this to die in the first place?

Meto dramatically reduces failure of SN from vomiting. Even if you were to somehow fail, survive and get this rare side effect--if your truly committed to CTB then your not really in the category of people who would suffer for life from this side effect...

You should put more thought into this decision as a whole and make sure your 100% committed to CTB. And if you come to the conclusion that you are, then my recommendation is to take the recommended dose of meto. Worst case scenario you fail, and take the SN again without it.

There's no way to say with certainty that meto dramatically reduces vomiting from SN. There's no way to scientifically trial it with a control, for obvious reasons. Also, the majority of people who take anti-emetics DO vomit. So what you are saying is simply untrue. Please do not speak it like it's a fact . Its not.

It's a symptom to worry about because it interferes with the ability to attempt future CTB. Thats a genuine cause for worry. After all CTB is to alleviate suffering. Saying that avoiding rare but potentially dangerous (and permanent) effect of a medication that could prevent future ability to CTB, as a sign that one is not taking CTB seriously...makes no sense.

Also meto is not the only anti emetic in existence?

Your whole post is just ?????

Edit: spelling and missing word

• Love
Reactions: Midnight-rain, TapeMachine, didn't-it-rain and 2 others
TydalWave

TydalWave

Brutally Self-Aware
Sep 20, 2022
There's no way to say with certainty that meto dramatically reduces vomiting from SN. There's no way to scientifically trial it with a control, for obvious reasons. Also, the majority of people who take anti-emetics DO vomit. So what you are saying is simply untrue. Please do not speak it like it's a fact . Its not.

It's a symptom to worry about because it interferes with the ability to attempt future CTB. Thats a genuine cause for worry. After all CTB is to alleviate suffering. Saying that avoiding rare but potentially dangerous (and permanent) effect of a medication that could prevent future ability to CTB, as a sign that one is not taking CTB seriously...makes no sense.

Also meto is not the only anti emetic in existence?

Your whole post is just ?????

Edit: spelling and missing word
An anti-emetic is by definition a drug used to prevent vomiting.

And I did not say with certainty. If you read my words, instead of reacting, you would have seen that I said that there is still the chance you can fail with anti-emetic. And in that worst case you can simply just try again, or try a different method.

The point is it helps with vomiting. Science has proven that property of meto. If you want me to cite sources for you to validate that let me know but google is your friend. That is the entire point and why it has been included in the PPeH for improving success rate with multiple methods.

You want a case study? They are all on this site. Or you could simply just do your research and look at what the purpose of antiemetics are instead of hyperfocusing on a rare side effect that will not matter if your end goal is to leave anyways.

Literally no need to get salty with me pal. The SN is salty enough.

lilin

lilin

Nov 22, 2020

I worry that side effects could cick in before drinking sn. This would fuck up the whole plan.
I'll be taking itopride (prokinetic + weak antiemetic), diphenhydramine (for sedation, also weak antiemetic), rennie antacid, propranolol, and painkiller. I'll also have benzocaine gel to numb my mouth and a few backup glasses. I think it can't fail as long as I'm not found too early.

freevoid

freevoid

Student
Jul 11, 2022
Meto dramatically reduces failure of SN from vomiting.
There's no way to say with certainty that meto dramatically reduces vomiting from SN.
And I did not say with certainty. If you read my words, instead of reacting, you would have seen that I said that there is still the chance you can fail with anti-emetic. And in that worst case you can simply just try again, or try a different method.

Here I broke it down in sections - I did read your words. You apparently did not read mine. You stated, as a fact (ie with certainty), that meto dramatically reduces failure of SN from vomiting. As per the SN CTB accounts most people still vomit with an anti emetic, which directly contradicts your statement...and then we have people who don't take an anti emetic, vomit, and still CTB. And then people who don't take an AE and don't vomit. We are not talking about meto's broad properties as an anti emetic in various health/pharmaceutical. We are talking about the practical application of using meto in one specific high-dose poisoning situation.

There is no way to test the effectiveness of meto specific to high dose SN poisoning (which is what we are talking about here) because we cannot conduct controlled studies, for obvious reasons. No saltiness here, just taking issue with people stating theories as absolute facts.

You want a case study? They are all on this site. Or you could simply just do your research and look at what the purpose of antiemetics are instead of hyperfocusing on a rare side effect that will not matter if your end goal is to leave anyways.

Did you look up acute dystonia? Did you do your research? How easy would it be to CTB with that condition? How easy would it be to attempt CTB again with people hovering over you 24/7 now that you're incapacitated to the point where you can't look after yourself any more?That's not a "whoops, try again later" situation. That is a prison sentence.

At the end of the day, if people want to side step one specific anti emetic for another, because of a rare symptom that could acutely interfere with their current and future ability to CTB, then that's fine. You were the one who got weirdly condescending and judgemental about OP in the first place. Don't know why you're so pressed about which anti emetic a stranger uses?

• Love
Reactions: Midnight-rain and Mofreeko
TydalWave

TydalWave

Brutally Self-Aware
Sep 20, 2022
You stated, as a fact (ie with certainty), that meto dramatically reduces failure of SN from vomiting. As per the SN CTB accounts most people still vomit with an anti emetic, which directly contradicts your statement...and then we have people who don't take an anti emetic, vomit, and still CTB. And then people who don't take an AE and don't vomit. We are not talking about meto's broad properties as an anti emetic in various health/pharmaceutical. We are talking about the practical application of using meto in one specific high-dose poisoning situation.
I think the research is out there for anti-emetics like meto dramatically reducing vomiting. It is why it is classified as an anti-emetic. I was never intending to say with certainty you will not vomit if you take it. We know from the wide variety of cases that people have taken meto and other anti-emetics and still vomited, and vice versa, there are those who never vomit without taking any anti-emetic in the first place. I get that.

Did you look up acute dystonia? Did you do your research? How easy would it be to CTB with that condition? How easy would it be to attempt CTB again with people hovering over you 24/7 now that you're incapacitated to the point where you can't look after yourself any more?That's not a "whoops, try again later" situation. That is a prison sentence.
I have looked up acute dystonia. It would help if you could cite your sources where you are getting this information from though. For instance, in past threads about this topic, the following article has been referenced from the National Library of Medicine. I assume this is where you are getting your figures from, when you say a rare percentage may get acute dystonia from meto.

"Acute dystonic reactions, the most common type of extrapyramidal symptom associated with metoclopramide, occur in approximately 0.2% of patients (1 in 500) treated with 30 to 40 mg of metoclopramide per day" ... "Metoclopramide may cause extrapyramidal symptoms that generally manifest as acute dystonic reactions within the initial 24–48 hours of use."
Two important take-aways from this case study:
  1. The estimated on-set for this rare side effect is after the drug's pharmacological action time which the NIH lists as "1 to 3 minutes following an intravenous dose, 10 to 15 minutes following intramuscular administration, and 30 to 60 minutes following an oral dose; the pharmacological effects persist for 1 to 2 hours"​
  2. This article is suggesting the rare reaction of acute dystonia, not chronic dystonia. Acute dystonia is by definition not a life-long condition. It is a short term reaction that can occur from side-effects of many medications including this one. As stated in the article, it is easily treatable, "The most rapid treatment of an acute dystonic reaction caused by metoclopramide is the intravenous or intramuscular administration of anticholinergics."
My point is this from the above takeaways are that the rare occurrence of acute dystonia is not likely to interfere with the success of SN, or the effectiveness of meto as an anti-emetic. Now, if you are suggesting to not take meto as part of the 48 hour routine some people have suggested, then you may have a point. As 1/500 people may have this reaction prior to taking SN and possibly need treatment and have to explain why they were taking it in the first place.

But if you are planning on taking meto just with SN as per the PPeH, then you are concerning yourself over a rare short term condition that would occurafter you are already dead. If you arent dead, then it is most likely that you were found and taken to a hospital where you would easily be treated for acute dystonia if it were to even occur. If you have contradicting articles / research that shows otherwise please cite your sources. But the research that has been made available to me has all concluded that meto is indeed a safe and effective choice for use with SN.

Reactions: 👁️👃👁️