SleepySept

SleepySept

Nov 7, 2023
I'm planning to take SN with all the extra steps except the recommended antiemetics. (To counter it ill just keep chugging more SN if I vomit)

What is the possibility I can be saved?
I've once overdosed on a bottle of some other substance but I was saved an hour before I would've died from lack of oxygen.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and Praestat_Mori
D

Deleted member 65988

This is rather dependent upon several factors

1. How fast you are found from the time of ingestion and if you don't vomit immediately from the overwhelming taste (that's if you do find it overwhelming).

2. How fast is emergency personnel to respond to your call for help either from yourself or someone who finds you.

3. If they have Methelyne blue to counteract the effects of SN and even a blood transfusion as part of treatment.

4. How fast Methomoglobinemia progresses to inhibit oxygen supply to your tissue and cause cyanosis and unconsciousness, causing OHCA as a result which could be very difficult to reverse from then on. OHCA is short for Out of Hospital Cardiac arrest which does have a low survival rate.

5. If the Medical center nearest to you even has Methelyne blue and have enough of it counteract a large dose of SN which works rapidly thanks to Nitric oxide.

6. If the medical personnel even know what Sodium Nitrite poisoning is because even if we do discuss SN a lot, the wider world still has very little clue of it especially if you are in a country that hasn't received news coverage thanks to subsequent suicides from sn that were enough to raise public concern about the use of it as a "get outta life" plan or someone like K-law being covered in the news or even this very forum.

All in all, it's truly dependent on how fast your symptoms progress before medical emergency can get to you in time but otherwise, it's even possible to be DOA at the ER. To add, most medical articles I've read summarize the importance of immediate treatment with Methelyne blue so that should give you an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: dggtscccvfd, WonderingSoul, ApathyToLife and 5 others
Upvote 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What is the possibility I can be saved?
Make sure you cannot be saved if u are really sure you want to succeed. No phone in reach no one can find you for several hours.

Reactions: TapeMachine, Meditation guide, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 65988

Make sure you cannot be saved if u are really sure you want to succeed. No phone in reach no one can find you for several hours.
To be honest, this is why I'm going with a benzo, to prevent anxiety from causing problem in terms of si and getting completely knocked out.

Reactions: SleepySept and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
The gastrointestinal absorption of sodium nitrite is very rapid.

Peak plasma nitrite concentrations were observed 15 minutes after the administration of sodium nitrite in some human volunteers, while in others, it occurred 30 or 45 minutes after the dose.

In cases of sodium nitrite intoxication, the highest chance of survival occurs when the antidote Methylene Blue is administered intravenously within 30-60 minutes after ingestion.

• Informative
Reactions: TapeMachine, Deleted member 65988, AllCatsAreGrey and 4 others
Upvote 0
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
To be honest, this is why I'm going with a benzo, to prevent anxiety from causing problem in terms of si and getting completely knocked out.
I was just reading that benzos slow the absorption of SN. Sorry I don't have the article but it was an article on which drugs slow gastric emptying and turns out benzos do that.

I don't have the will power to not have a phone nearby but I will find a place far from a hospital.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: todeswunsch and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 65988

I was just reading that benzos slow the absorption of SN. Sorry I don't have the article but it was an article on which drugs slow gastric emptying and turns out benzos do that.

I don't have the will power to not have a phone nearby but I will find a place far from a hospital.
Plenty of people have used benzos for SN so I don't see why this should be a problem because at that point, fasting for 8-12 hrs should've taken care of absorption and we've seen cases of people taking SN when just having eaten a 2-3 hrs earlier but that didn't slow down digestion at all. We're talking about a liquid solution that's in 50ml of water which is very little so again, I don't see how this could a problem for when benzos are taken an hour or even 20 mins before SN.

If this really was a concern with SN then benzos would've been removed a while ago from the regimen entirely.

Also, how did you come to the conclusion that it will slow down the absorption of SN, was it an article that directly addressed how long it takes to absorb SN when benzos are taken beforehand on an empty stomach and to be mindful of the fact that it is a drug that slows down gastric emptying?

Correct me if I'm wrong but you said above that it was an article you JUST read about and now you dont have the article and if that's the case when how am I supposed to take this seriously, it's the same as earlier this week when you quoted the case of a guy who took sn and woke up hrs later covered in fecal matter and vomit but you got the amount he ingested wrong when it specified that he took about 2 teaspoons or 8g, you even made a thread about this very case in question that turned out to be a longer discussion then it should've been.

Imagine if I said that i just read an article that said Alprazolam in the presence of methemoglobinemia does pose potential risks, especially concerning the cardiovascular and central nervous systems. Alprazolam's central nervous system depressant effects could increase the risk of adverse outcomes but I don't have it anymore, would you even have reason to take me seriously?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Plenty of people have used benzos for SN so I don't see why this should be a problem because at that point, fasting for 8-12 hrs should've taken care of absorption and we've seen cases of people taking SN when just having eaten a 2-3 hrs earlier but that didn't slow down digestion at all. We're talking about a liquid solution that's in 50ml of water which is very little so again, I don't see how this could a problem for when benzos are taken an hour or even 20 mins before SN.

If this really was a concern with SN then benzos would've been removed a while ago from the regimen entirely.

Also, how did you come to the conclusion that it will slow down the absorption of SN, was it an article that directly addressed how long it takes to absorb SN when benzos are taken beforehand on an empty stomach and to be mindful of the fact that it is a drug that slows down gastric emptying?

Correct me if I'm wrong but you said above that it was an article you JUST read about and now you dont have the article and if that's the case when how am I supposed to take this seriously, it's the same as earlier this week when you quoted the case of a guy who took sn and woke up hrs later covered in fecal matter and vomit but you got the amount he ingested wrong when it specified that he took about 2 teaspoons or 8g, you even made a thread about this very case in question that turned out to be a longer discussion then it should've been.

Imagine if I said that i just read an article that said Alprazolam in the presence of methemoglobinemia does pose potential risks, especially concerning the cardiovascular and central nervous systems. Alprazolam's central nervous system depressant effects could increase the risk of adverse outcomes but I don't have it anymore, would you even have reason to take me seriously?

Uesugi-Lord Correct me if I'm wrong but you said above that it was an article you JUST read about and now you dont have the article and if that's the case when how am I supposed to take this seriously, it's the same as earlier this week when you quoted the case of a guy who took sn and woke up hrs later covered in fecal matter and vomit but you got the amount he ingested wrong when it specified that he took about 2 teaspoons or 8g, you even made a thread about this very case in question that turned out to be a longer discussion then it should've been."

I assure you I don't have some sick ulterior motive for mentioning an article I read about delayed gastric emptying or mentioning a man failing with SN.

Opioid Delay in Gastric Empying:

Man survives Sodium Nitrite:

DRUGS THAT DELAY GASTRIC EMPTYING:

OPIOIDS ARE A CAUSE OF DELAYED GASTRIC EMPTYING:

I'm not on a crusade about any of this I don't care one way or the other about any of it, I just mentioned what I read. I read things almost every day about SN for my own use. I was thinking I would take opioids with SN. Now I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: todeswunsch
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 65988

No one said you have an ulterior motive like fear-mongering to ward off the use of benzos for SN, that's too casual and too lazy of an approach. I was just concerned about the fact that you mentioned something that, to my knowledge, hasn't been discussed before which is benzos causing gastric emptying which could lead to a slower absorption of sn but then not having the article you just read, it would've been a little more helpful if you cited the article to make sense of what you were saying in terms of providing more information so anyone who reads this considering benzos with sn can understand where you are concerned from. Look mg, you've been here a lot longer than me and you've commented a lot on SN that I've seen overtime so I have no reason to believe you have an ulterior motive at all plus you probably know a heck of a lot more than i do at this point. I suppose I should've given you the benefit of the doubt that we aren't exactly in the same timezones after all so giving you time to respond may have been better on my end.

Edit: To address and move on from this. Opiods and benzos are a separate class of drugs, the one thing I was worried about the fact that people who would come across that thread would get the wrong idea about benzos potentially slowing down gastric emptying which will make the absorption process of sn longer which we know will scare people since they'll think they'll be conscious for the effects and not sedated as popularly believed albeit proven at this point. Nothing I said was done stated with the suspicion that you are up to something sinister or perhaps have an ulterior motive, I don't know why you would think so, why you are convinced that's what to think upon evaluation of what I said or why that's any reason to claim that I have implied you are up to something sinister. I've valued your opinion a lot over our interactions and have even said so. The last thing I want is for this thread to be derailed so I'll make my exit.

Upvote 0
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Hopefully soon I won't be around so you can stop worrying or complaining about me.
No one said you have an ulterior motive like fear-mongering to ward off the use of benzos for SN, that's too casual and too lazy of an approach. I was just concerned about the fact that you mentioned something that, to my knowledge, hasn't been discussed before which is benzos causing gastric emptying which could lead to a slower absorption of sn but then not having the article you just read, it would've been a little more helpful if you cited the article to make sense of what you were saying in terms of providing more information so anyone who reads this considering benzos with sn can understand where you are concerned from. Look mg, you've been here a lot longer than me and you've commented a lot on SN that I've seen overtime so I have no reason to believe you have an ulterior motive at all plus you probably know a heck of a lot more than i do at this point. I suppose I should've given you the benefit of the doubt that we aren't exactly in the same timezones after all so giving you time to respond may have been better on my end.

Edit: To address and move on from this. Opiods and benzos are a separate class of drugs, the one thing I was worried about the fact that people who would come across that thread would get the wrong idea about benzos potentially slowing down gastric emptying which will make the absorption process of sn longer which we know will scare people since they'll think they'll be conscious for the effects and not sedated as popularly believed albeit proven at this point. Nothing I said was done stated with the suspicion that you are up to something sinister or perhaps have an ulterior motive, I don't know why you would think so, why you are convinced that's what to think upon evaluation of what I said or why that's any reason to claim that I have implied you are up to something sinister. I've valued your opinion a lot over our interactions and have even said so. The last thing I want is for this thread to be derailed so I'll make my exit.
I delete my posts after I write them usually to avoid being criticized as always.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 65988

Oh my God mg, do you really have to say that when this was a simple matter of addressing what was being said and moving past it . I seriously don't know why you've taken such a stance, I mean you literally said you can't say anything without me going ballistic which isn't true by any stretch and again, I still don't know what the heck convinced you that what I said implied that you have an ulterior motive or up to something sinister. What's wrong with being criticized when it's meant from to be from a point of correction, not to beat you down or belittle you. This wasn't me even complaining about you but simply stating that you've read something that could possibly change the way benzos should be used in a regimen considering you said
I was just reading that benzos slow the absorption of SN.
That should be vital information for anyone to take note of, including me. I even asked you how you came to this conclusion from what you read then, without providing context to back the claim up , how else was I or anyone else supposed to take it seriously.

I don't know why you believe what you believe about yourself in regards to being seen as a villain or that you have agenda when I was simply raising a point about what you said, I dont know what prompted you to take it this personally to where you have to say things like :
Hopefully soon I won't be around so you can stop worrying or complaining about me.
There's no part of me that would ever be OK with that at all.

Upvote 0
movinout17

movinout17

Student
Feb 2, 2023
when it specified that he took about 2 teaspoons or 8g,
excuse me, just a curious question, I thought that 2 teaspoons of sn was not 8g but 13g according to this chart I have? I want to be sure that the chart I have is accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_8532.jpeg
    IMG_8532.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0