Nullm

Nullm

Student
Apr 5, 2019
People lose respect for you immediately and even glance at you as if you're contagious.
I went to the doctor because my body developed a disease and he denied it straight away with a straight face, and also hinted I am an hypochondriac.
All I wanted was to buy some time, maybe delay the progression of the disease so I can give myself and my family a little more time before I ctb.
I always try to communicate with body language and speech brevity and tone,
That I'm not at all interested in any pity or sympathy, or anything really beyond the service offered, but I always get a little taste of the person own interests/desires, only because they are able to feed me their crap without retaliation.
To me this only puts the average man's/woman's existence in a very dire perspective, since there's barely any room and space for any objective interactions.

Reactions: AvoidingMyself, Immensevoid and Sprite_Geist
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Maybe so. But people in physical pain ain't treated very well either in USA these days. My life is equivalent to being tortured 24/7

• Hugs
Reactions: NoAIarmsNoSurprises, myusername890, Catch-22 and 3 others
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
Mental health is lesser known, so people think you're just weird. Meanwhile that's not the case

Reactions: NoAIarmsNoSurprises, myusername890 and AvoidingMyself
huphup

huphup

Student
Dec 2, 2023
And the irony is that it is that "physical suffering" is just a mental process as well. If you break your leg, its not the broken bones that hurt but the nervous system that creates the pain.. its stupid that we see mental suffering as 'not as bad' when suffering is always mental

Reactions: NoAIarmsNoSurprises, Hollowman and AvoidingMyself
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
That is a good point huphup. Regardless of which part of your body hurts, the pain is registered in your šŸ§  brain.

• Love
Reactions: NoAIarmsNoSurprises and huphup
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...šŸ˜¢
Aug 19, 2019
Physical and mental pain both suck! When you have a disease that causes you to have both for decades it is literally hell on Earth! I need the fuck out! Some idiot once said we chose this life.. I don't agree.. now I choose to die! Fuck if it were only that easy!

Reactions: NoAIarmsNoSurprises and doormat25
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
And the irony is that it is that "physical suffering" is just a mental process as well. If you break your leg, its not the broken bones that hurt but the nervous system that creates the pain.. its stupid that we see mental suffering as 'not as bad' when suffering is always mental
also both are physical since mental pain is influenced by physical hormones and affects how your physical body operates

Reactions: NoAIarmsNoSurprises