C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I'm even guilty of this myself, but I'm tired of experiencing it especially after being ghosted by numerous people on here I've thought as friends after just opening up to them. If the conversation ever gets uncomfortable and/or it just gets a bit too too real or too boring to handle then kindly and respectfully tell them why instead of leaving them in the dark wondering what happened. I know there's instances where ignoring a person is best especially if they're rude or skittish, but still. I also understand life gets in the way and no one has any obligation to anybody, but if you don't know what to say, atleast admit that to them before people become inept to even try to open up about their issues to anyone ever again. Especially to someone such as myself who's a sensitive idiot who can't even communicate effectively, shit hurts and makes me want to stay inside my shell.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: OreoWellington, MourningHeart, UninformedLover and 16 others
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
I'm too stupid to keep the conversation going. I'll remember your advice my friend. Thanks for loving my artwork. You're the best.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: noctiva, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, AngelOfDeath01 and 2 others
AngelOfDeath01

AngelOfDeath01

Oct 12, 2019
It saddens me to hear this because I have been in both situations. I know it sucks being left in the dark. Some people think it is ok because this is the internet but still there real sensitive people here too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, puppy9, Circles and 1 other person
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I'm even guilty of this myself, but I'm tired of experiencing it especially after being ghosted by numerous people on here I've thought as friends after just opening up to them. If the conversation ever gets uncomfortable and/or it just gets a bit too too real or too boring to handle then kindly and respectfully tell them why instead of leaving them in the dark wondering what happened. I know there's instances where ignoring a person is best especially if they're rude or skittish, but still. I also understand life gets in the way and no one has any obligation to anybody, but if you don't know what to say, atleast admit that to them before people become inept to even try to open up about their issues to anyone ever again. Especially to someone such as myself who's a sensitive idiot who can't even communicate effectively, shit hurts and makes me want to stay inside my shell.
Círculos, you are the COOLEST mofo around.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OreoWellington and Circles
drake4871

drake4871

The restless
Sep 10, 2019
Are you sure they didn't just ctb? Because then they definitely ghosted you... Jokes aside I've been on both sides and personally sometimes I just need time to kinda cope with everything alone (randomly). I wouldn't take it personally Circles, there's just so much crazy stuff going on I doubt it's your fault :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: exhausted, noctiva and Circles
I

I'm exhausted

Living in constant fear. I need cats!!
Jul 12, 2019
I know how you feel. It has happened to me and feel like a complete idiot for opening up and has left me feeling more vulnerable. On one hand it's like a confirmation that my life is really that bad and may have overwhelmed someone. On the other they may be laughing at my life story.

I should get used to it because even my therapists have ghosted on me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: MourningHeart and Woodnote
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
I'm so sorry that happened to you! I have been on both sides as well, my depression is kicking in at random times and I don't have the energy to put thought into a smart and thought out reply. I don't think that people ghost you because of who you are and what you said.
If it is like in my situation or as @drake4871 describes, sometimes you need to disentangle with your own stuff first before you can reach out again. I usually try to get back to all my PMs, but it sometimes seems like a huge and daunting task to do so, especially if you haven't done so in a few days.
I'm avoiding it even now, by writing you this post here... PMs and forum posts are different for me, I need a lot more thought and compassion to answer PMs so I don't just write generalized answers but can express that I can truly relate to someone, to make them feel less alone.
Be kind to yourself, you are a lovely person and you deserve compassion and kindness.

• Love
Reactions: exhausted and drake4871
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
Being sensitive can be a blessing and a curse.

I can only say that it's far too easy to read the wrong thing into someone's responses, or lack of them. People have their own stuff to deal with and sometimes dealing with other people can be too much. And it's not personal, it could be any other person. But I know it's very difficult to NOT take it personally, been there done that, I'll admit to being overly sensitive to peoples perceived critisms. You have to give the benefit of the doubt whatever you might believe, or how strongly you believe it.

After years and years of experience, of pondering the questions, I've come to the conclusion that whatever I think of other people, whatever motivations I assign to them... I'm usually wrong. You simply have to accept that people will do what they do, you'll never know why and it's rarely (entirely) about you.

• Love
Reactions: noctiva