Promortalist_

Promortalist_

Celebrate Death Mourn Life
Jul 5, 2021
I have worked in customer service few times and it is an absolute nightmare. I have extreme social anxiety, I am shy and really awkward around people. Lol I don't know why they hired me in the first place, I bombed the interview. I guess I was at wrong place at wrong time.

Just being in presence of people stress me out so much, let alone interact with them. People who work in customer service deserve a special award. It is so overwhelming and exhausting to deal with people (maybe it's just me?). Some customers are absolute jerks or overly talkative, I was never good at dealing with them. It took me years to quit but I am so glad I did. It not only affected my mental health but also my physical health.

I don't think I will ever be able to work where human interaction is necessary (which is literally most workplaces). Don't know how others find the courage/energy.

Do you feel the same way? How was your experience working in customer service?

Thanks for reading my rant.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, AtMostOkay, Midgardsorm and 2 others
S

somniummalum

Student
Jul 3, 2020
I'm currently working in costumer service and I can that it's frustrating asf.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, AtMostOkay, Midgardsorm and 1 other person
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
I work with Tech Support. People are already angry when they call me.
If I take too long to solve something, names of all kinds will fly to my ears. Then my boss will call me, the fear of being fired will rise.
It's not every day, but it happens, more than I wish.

I had to do all that while dealing with OCD, then I had to do all that while dealing with breathlessness, now I have to do all that while dealing with dizziness, thanks to Labyrinthitis.
I wonder what will be next...

So pleasant, I love this.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Fehler, Promortalist_ and 2 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Angry customer reporting in. My impression is that customer service don't know how to banter things out in a professional manner if they don't have a straight answer to a question. Half the time I call customer service I end up feeling trolled, not by the socially inept phone monkeys but by the company that hired them.