F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've just read a really interesting post by @KuriGohan&Kamehameha about a therapist who confessed to not like having to treat suicidal clients:

It got me to thinking- yeah, it must be difficult if they feel like nothing is helping. I don't think I'd be easy to treat. I'm terribly stubborn and I tend to put up obstacles when confronted with things I don't want to do. That's kind of why I wouldn't see a therapist in my current mindset- I'm simply not open enough to change and advice.

How about you though? Are there ways in which you would prefer them to speak to you, or treat you? I find it interesting when they seem open to some extent to consider suicide a realistic ending. Rather than just pretend it isn't there! I imagine most people would benefit from at least being able to talk about it!

Still, there seems to be a lot of (understandable in my opinion) criticism of therapy. But then- what approach do you think would be better? What things did work for you? What doesn't work? In your opinion.

Reactions: rozeske and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Therapy isn't the holy grail. In my case therapy won't change anything bc therapy cannot change the external factors causing my problems that lead to MH issues and suicidality.

As my own therapist I could only say: Cope or don't!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, ijustwishtodie and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Therapist won't solve my external reasons for being suicidal but it could help a little if they were to help me let go of my resentment and hate I have from my upbringing, it would be something if they were to help me forgive and forget.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Praestat_Mori
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Absolutely nothing. Most types of therapies don't work on me though I can't really comment on MDMA or ketamine infusion therapy as they're different from traditional therapies and hence I don't know if they'd work on me or not. Nonetheless, if I were to be my own therapist, I can't really do either of these therapies anyway. All in all, being my own therapist wouldn't work on me

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori and WhatPowerIs
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
More meds i think.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Praestat_Mori