Old

Old

Student
Apr 25, 2024
(Delicate question, please go back if this topic disturbs you).

If you were robbed and someone points a gun to your head, would you comply and do what the robber says or just refuse and risk getting shot? This is assuming that the shot will work 100% and you will ctb garanteed.

Reactions: Nefer, Terios, etherealspring and 2 others
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
I would scream at him to do it. Get it over with, shoot me now. I would force myself to grab the gun and let him shoot me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nefer, Sover, zeropercentangel and 6 others
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
I'd probably do my best to antagonize him to shoot me.

Reactions: Nefer, jc2121, zeropercentangel and 4 others
D

defrauder9000

Dec 17, 2023
"Shoot me in the head, and take my loot if need be", it's not like i'll feel them steal my stuff

Reactions: Nefer, etherealspring, MyChoiceAlone and 1 other person
i dont feel real.

i dont feel real.

No more sense in this
Apr 13, 2024
If I could, I would disarm him, kill him, incapacite him or whatever, and then blow my brains off. But I'm not a Krav Maga expert, or Rambo or whatever. So, maybe I would antagonize him to shoot, but I don't think so. I would want to CTB, not get killed by someone when I'm not ready.

Reactions: grungy自殺, Old, emma99 and 1 other person
I

iset res

Aug 2, 2024
Idk why but it's weird to know others in this position have had that same idea, lol. I've thought about this a fair few times and it's changed the way I address people in my kine of work. I'd def want them to shoot me, I just wouldn't care/wouldn't comply. Idk that I'd go out of my way to pass them off further, maybe just request that they shoot me.

Reactions: Old and jc2121
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
There's no guarantee you'd die from someone shooting you. You might end up worse off, possibly paralyzed, maybe even a vegetable. Better to plan and keep your own demise in your own hands I think. Plus, I want to go out on my own terms, not someone elses.

Reactions: Old, LifeQuitter, sugarb and 1 other person
hawkshorizon

hawkshorizon

Aug 23, 2023
If I could, I would disarm him, kill him, incapacite him or whatever, and then blow my brains off. But I'm not a Krav Maga expert, or Rambo or whatever. So, maybe I would antagonize him to shoot, but I don't think so. I would want to CTB, not get killed by someone when I'm not ready.
Maybe it's cold comfort, but choosing how and when to CTB offers a sense of autonomy and liberty, elements that in my case at least have always been found wanting.

Reactions: Old
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
i usually like to say id goad them into shooting me but realistically when that survival instinct kicks in i have no idea what ill do. I would hope id retain my usual demeanor, be logical, if it ends with me dead so be it but leave it up in the air

Reactions: Old, etherealspring, MyChoiceAlone and 2 others
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
I sometimes hope for this. I'd probably tell the to go fudge themselves. At least if they killed me somebody else would be to blame instead of myself so life insurance would pay out.

sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024

If you were robbed and someone points a gun to your head, would you comply and do what the robber says or just refuse and risk getting shot? This is assuming that the shot will work 100% and you will ctb garanteed.
I would either A. react instinctively, get really scared and do what they want B. ignore their demands, walk towards them and try to take their gun C. Not immediately comply and try to talk them into leaving.

B's the most likely, more so if I'm disassociating. I'm not sure how a robber would respond to that; when I get that way my body language / expression is really weird and off-putting. They might think "tf is wrong with this dude?" and leave thinking it's not worth the trouble, smack me, get freaked out and not move as I take the gun, or any number of things.
There's no guarantee you'd die from someone shooting you. You might end up worse off, possibly paralyzed, maybe even a vegetable. Better to plan and keep your own demise in your own hands I think. Plus, I want to go out on my own terms, not someone elses.
Yea, I had a slight issue with that being part of the prompt. Realistically a robber just wants to scare you into complying and if they have to shoot they don't want a murder case. they probably aren't going to be aiming for the head lol

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
The more the robber waits, the more piseed I would get.

• Yay!
Reactions: Darkover, Old and CatLvr
abchia

abchia

Student
Aug 28, 2023
By instinct I would do whatever the robber says to avoid being shot, but I'd love to let them shoot me.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, Old, etherealspring and 2 others
Mebius

Mebius

Student
Jun 13, 2024
I would just told him I have no money lol, then they can fuck off.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner and Old
kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
By instinct I would do whatever the robber says to avoid being shot, but I'd love to let them shoot me.
I agree with you, survival instinct can be very powerful

C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
"If you promise to kill me, we'll go to the ATM first"

Reactions: Old, zeropercentangel and Terios
LowLevelChimp

LowLevelChimp

Just your average pos
Jul 18, 2022
It would be either him or me

happynot

happynot

Jun 22, 2024

Wouldn't be that lucky!😁😁😁😁

sos

sos

Experienced
Jul 22, 2024
yea this question cannot be answered

people usually come up with some superhero story where they're gonna snatch the gun and save the day

idk what effect it has on you once the gun is in your face

but to answer this question truthfully

i'd pull an uno reverse card

"no YOU are being robbed"

10/10 efficiency

etherealspring

etherealspring

can someone just kill me already
Mar 27, 2024
if SI doesnt kick in id gladly let the robber shoot me or even goad him into doing it

AmericanMary

AmericanMary

Mage
Apr 30, 2024
This is the scenario that has been playing non stop in my head for a month:

I work where people come into a lot. I've been robbed here before.
So badly I want someone to come in and try to rob us, with a gun. He'll threaten my life for money. Let's be real- there is low chance he would actually shoot me for a small sum of money.

I'd love to, as he has the gun at me, pull out my own gun. Say "beat you to it" and laugh as I shoot myself.

Trauma for trauma.

Would
It actually go down like this? Idk I'm terrified of guns. But I have a STRONG drive to make a point.

Terios

Terios

Jul 30, 2024
I would probably resist, just hope they wouldn't be bluffing.

E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024

I think that talking about guns on this website is actually very dangerous.
I saw a post earlier where some tried to suggest that people should just go get a gun.
Gun suicides and gun murders are not that straight forward.
And as much as you think its a 100% guarantee its not.
You probably have a 50:50 chance with a "gun suicide"
that you will either die or live with a brain injury.

K

Kavka

Student
Jun 11, 2024
I can make up all sorts of badass stories about what I would do, but in the heat of the moment I'd probably act instinctively to ensure self-preservation. In practice, that would mean that I'd be just as compliant as most other people would be in a situation like this.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I have been robbed at gunpoint. It is an unpredictable situation and you have no idea what you would do until that time.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024

Funny, I literally dreamed this the other night. I dreamed I was driving with my family and everyone panicked and drove away when some psycho started shooting at the street. I went back though and thought I might try to save others and asked him to shoot me. He shot me in the stomach and it barely hurt, then I just took the handgun from him and he ran. I look at it and thought it's my chance and tried to aim at the temple. Then I thought of angles to hit my brainstem in the mouth since the temple might be unsure. But something felt odd. I opened the gun and saw it was all rubber bands, you know like to zip up a plastic bag. I went outside to show everyone but in disbelief I shot myself in the head to show it was a ruse, loud but a ruse. I was the hero I didn't want to be. Needless to say I woke up disappointed, lol. I've had more and more of such dreams of dying recently.

-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Experienced
Jun 16, 2024
I'd probably refuse. I am very stubborn and don't like people threatening me. I have a history of doing that sort of thing. I don't really care what happens, I just am not the sort to roll over for some asshole. If they want something from me they're going to have to work for it.

Reactions: Old and Worndown
Old

Old

Student
Apr 25, 2024
I think that talking about guns on this website is actually very dangerous.
I saw a post earlier where some tried to suggest that people should just go get a gun.
Gun suicides and gun murders are not that straight forward.
And as much as you think its a 100% guarantee its not.
You probably have a 50:50 chance with a "gun suicide"
that you will either die or live with a brain injury.
What I meant to say is to imagine that this would be a garanteed ctb. I know that a headshot isn't always lethal, and yes, one has to be careful.

E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
What I meant to say is to imagine that this would be a garanteed ctb. I know that a headshot isn't always lethal, and yes, one has to be careful.
So is your question:
do you want to be remembered as a suicide or murder victim?

Id rather not be a murder victim.
If i ctb then i want people to know
that i CTB by choice.
and not remember me as a murder victim.

I mean if your a murder victim your family is only going to carry
hate towards the guy with the gun. And if you are to be honest with yourself
then his not actually the one who killed you. so don't be putting the blame on him.
if his going around holding people up at gun point then that's his mental health issue.

don't be trying to frame your CTB on other peoples mental health.