• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
If you want to kill someone else, you are only guilty. How can this be real? You have to be truly "mentally ill" to want to take another person's life. Killing another person is an act performed against his/her will. Someone who disregards someone's will and thinks that he alone can make the most radical decision about that person's life is truly mentally ill.

This being the case, murderers and those with aggressive behavior are never considered mentally ill. Violence is normalized in every society. In a world where a movie like John Wick is a blockbuster, it's just funny that someone wanting a CTB for personal reasons is explained away as a mental illness. Call it dogma or taboo, whatever you want, but it is definitely not rationality. All murderers needed to be rehabilitated before they became murderers, when their aggressive behavior began. Violence is not only normalized, it is also encouraged. The whole world is a mental hospital.

Reactions: DepressedDude, splendiferous, Forever Sleep and 6 others
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
I think unless the murderer had valid reasons, people do consider them mentally ill. I get your point, but I also get the concept of suicidal thoughts are mental issues.

Although, I find it funny they have to lock up suicidals in mental hospital or psych ward. They are not killing other people.

Reactions: pinkydrinky and Lostandlooking
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
This being the case, murderers and those with aggressive behavior are never considered mentally ill.
Sorry, gotta push back here having worked in a courthouse. They are absolutely considered to be mentally ill and even working in the conservative, old-fashioned south we had mental health court to help rehabilitate people who had been found guilty. It's simply not an excuse unless it's something where they literally have no control over their actions.

Reactions: pinkydrinky and ijustwishtodie
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, gotta push back here having worked in a courthouse. They are absolutely considered to be mentally ill and even working in the conservative, old-fashioned south we had mental health court to help rehabilitate people who had been found guilty. It's simply not an excuse unless it's something where they literally have no control over their actions.
It's not personal opinions that matter. They are not legally mentally ill. Laws and culture are standards. Our standards define us. Laws and culture do not label aggression as mental illness. All forms of aggression should be defined as mental illness, but the system never does this because in well-educated societies the influence of the state on people decreases. If you want to enslave them and employ them as cheap labor, you allow chaos and ignorance so that you can play the role of savior. This is why imperial powers create puppet governments in third world countries using corrupt politicians. If there is no fear, terror, chaos, you cannot rule.

Reactions: divinemistress36
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Sometimes even in law the taking of another's life is justified. In self defense or defense of another. There are wars. Soldiers. Trained to kill in the interest of their government. 007 license to kill. Sometimes morally justifiable. Sometimes not. Just a few examples. Now suicide. I think in many cases overwhelmingly justifiable. I like most on this forum support and defend everyone here's right to ctb for whatever reason. You and only you know how badly you are suffering. Having said that there are cases clearly more justified than others. I don't understand how anyone can be against the right to die for people: a) badly disabled b) in great pain c)in prison for life d) badly disfigured e)extreme poverty with no realistic way out. Just a few examples. Take the 1st 2 which I suffer. I don't see how anyone can think it a mental illness that someone badly disabled with difficult and painful disabilities wants to die. I think it more likely mental illness if you don't want to die under these circumstances. Suicide not always mental illness. What about CIA field agents who are given cyanide capsules in the event they are captured by enemy agents and instructed to use them rather than be tortured into revealing classified secrets? What i go through every day is equivalent to torture. I am mentally ill to not want to anymore?

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
It's not personal opinions that matter. They are not legally mentally ill. Laws and culture are standards. Our standards define us. Laws and culture do not label aggression as mental illness. All forms of aggression should be defined as mental illness, but the system never does this because in well-educated societies the influence of the state on people decreases. If you want to enslave them and employ them as cheap labor, you allow chaos and ignorance so that you can play the role of savior. This is why imperial powers create puppet governments in third world countries using corrupt politicians. If there is no fear, terror, chaos, you cannot rule.
I'm telling you, within the legal system, they are often considered and labeled as mentally ill, it simply isn't an excuse for murder. It's not "mentally ill or murder", it's "oh look that mentally ill person murdered that guy."

Reactions: pinkydrinky
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
There is also the case of France. French govt considers all trained soldiers to be dangerously mentally ill psychopaths. To the point where they executed a whole bunch of their own soldiers in their north Africa colonies rather than allow them to come back to France. They created the French Foreign Legion for the military defense of France. All foreign mercenaries who are never allowed to step foot in the French mainland.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I am mentally then then. oH My gOD what ever will I do? šŸ˜±

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Killing someone is not an indication of good mental health though.

Being suicidal is by definition being mentally unwell.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
To have the wish to die (aka killing yourself) for personal reasons is never a mental illness. However mental illness (and many other reasons) can trigger the wish to die inside us bc the pain (physical / mental) becomes unbearable and death is the only relief from all suffering.