Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
That's what girlfriend thinks and if she loses me she'll take that to mean I didn't. This is what she'll find hardest to live with

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Hopeindeath!, voyager and 9 others
G

Georgii

Arcanist
Sep 25, 2019
For some love it's enough to keep them alive ,they center their lives around that person.
For some it works ..it's giving them a reason to stay alive, strenght to fight .
But for me it's not enough , I've stopped feeling this , in many ways .
I love them .. but that doesnt make it any bit easier for me , it's only torturing me .

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, paroxyical, Lilacmoon and 5 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I'm in the same situation. My mom constantly says "no don't do this I love you it will kill me". I have suffered so many years staying alive purely for her. It's been miserable. I'm at the point where I still take her extreme grief and my husband's feelings into consideration...a crossroads. A lifetime of misery for others or Friday nally letting myself have long due peace. And it's taken years to get this was but I'm going with myself first and my own peace.

People always try to flip it around on us and say it's selfish to commit suicide what about me" or "since they killed themselves I guess they didn't love me". Well let's turn that around someone asking me at stay alive miserably just so they don't have to feel sad is selfish too, and in my case me killing myself didn't show that I didn't live them but I do love them enough to stop being a miserable burden everyday.

Love might be enough for some but now it's only a hindrance.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, LittleJem, Lilacmoon and 4 others
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Honestly it's an interesting question.

The only time in the last 10 years that I've been happy was when I was really truly, deeply in love with my first real boyfriend.

The love for him and the fact that he loved me despite everything wrong with me did actually sort of make the bad stuff not seem as massive.

Things didn't work out with him though, and I've never found anyone else I feel that way about :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mr2005, Lilacmoon and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
For some love it's enough to keep them alive ,they center their lives around that person.
For some it works ..it's giving them a reason to stay alive, strenght to fight .
But for me it's not enough , I've stopped feeling this , in many ways .
I love them .. but that doesnt make it any bit easier for me , it's only torturing me .

I feel SO like this!

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Lilacmoon, Georgii and 1 other person
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
no. just love for someone else isn't enough. not for me, at least. I've been in love, deeply in love, but love does not solve all problems. love can't fix a chemical imbalance in your brain, or at least most of the time it can't.
I suppose if you love yourself, maybe it would be different. but if you love yourself, then you probably aren't suicidal in the first place...

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mr2005, Lilacmoon and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I can see how suicide would make those around the person feel unloved or not valuable enough to stay alive for. Sometimes love is enough and sometimes it's not....There are many kinds of love, and varying degrees of happiness or pain it brings.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mr2005, Lilacmoon and 1 other person
L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
yes, but what would it be like to love?

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mr2005, Lilacmoon and 2 others
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
I hoped love would be enough but in the end I'm here now, haha :< Makes it worse tbh, if I can't be stable for the one I love I don't deserve love at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Ghost2211 and Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
The likes I give are that I concur not I like that you feel that way too

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Ghost2211
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I don't know. I've heard several people say that their lives are miserable, but they're going to stay alive for others. Friends, family, etc. I don't understand stuff like that at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Spitfire and Ghost2211
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
It's a hard one. If you love someone it's like you will do anything for them, but there comes a point in my opinion where you have to be selfish and put your own needs and feelings first for once. I love my mother, but I can't keep living just for her sake.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
paroxyical

paroxyical

you dont have to understand to accept.
Feb 15, 2020
I'm in the same situation. My mom constantly says "no don't do this I love you it will kill me". I have suffered so many years staying alive purely for her. It's been miserable. I'm at the point where I still take her extreme grief and my husband's feelings into consideration...a crossroads. A lifetime of misery for others or Friday nally letting myself have long due peace. And it's taken years to get this was but I'm going with myself first and my own peace.

People always try to flip it around on us and say it's selfish to commit suicide what about me" or "since they killed themselves I guess they didn't love me". Well let's turn that around someone asking me at stay alive miserably just so they don't have to feel sad is selfish too, and in my case me killing myself didn't show that I didn't live them but I do love them enough to stop being a miserable burden everyday.

Love might be enough for some but now it's only a hindrance.

i often doubt the whole "if you kill yourself i will have to as well" stuff unless the other person is already suicidal. cos otherwise, if as many people who claim it actually meant it, there would be multiple suicides for every person who dies young, by suicide or not. but there's not, people grieve and it hurts but 9 times out of 10 they can get over it

Reactions: Ghost2211
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The entire process of love is my last hope to staying alive so I hope so, though I understand how it can't always be that way for some people......

• Hugs
Reactions: Homecoming and Ghost2211
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
No. From a conceptual perspective, I am fully convinced love is NOT enough.

I might as well toss the book "LOVE IS NEVER ENOUGH," and concept out there, by the primary developer of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. (As great a psychiatrist as the now 99 year old Tim Beck is though, he is not as great a teacher or author on CBT as his student David "Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy" is, or his former collaborator Gary "Rapid Relief from Emotional Distress" Emery.):

51IXYvCezML._AC_UL600_SR384,600_.jpg
514tMOcD+oL.jpg