ericwilkinson

ericwilkinson

Jun 25, 2019
People have far more contempt for the suicidal person than a killer. It's fucked up really. If you think about Elliot Rodger and look under the comments of his videos, people don't seem to condemn him that much despite the fact he killed several others and himself. Same with many other mass murderers.

If however these killers only killed themselves and their parents spoke out about their sons suicide, everyone would be condemning the person saying "suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness" "suicide doesn't end the problem".

It's funny isn't it. Society doesn't seem to care if you kill a whole bunch of people but kill yourself and suddenly, you're such a selfish person in their eyes

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, deadalready, Numbtopain97 and 3 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
And after every mass shooting people will cry out "if a person wants to kill someone they should start with themselves"

And there isn´t anything selfish about suicide no one asked to be born.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, Lovedove, Fadinglife and 1 other person
theuninstallbutton

theuninstallbutton

hellboy
Jul 21, 2019
I think it's due to the romanticism of said killers. There's this community on Tumblr called "True Crime Community" and some of its members have this sick obsession with killers, calling them "hot" etc. Some make edits of them, some genuinely think that the killers would have spared their lives and they would have been able to "save" them lol.

I really don't understand why suicide is seen as a "coward's" way out, or "selfish." It takes a lot of courage to get past your survival instincts to kill yourself. People are strange.

Perhaps they themselves want to die but they feel that they can't for various reasons, so they envy those who commit suicide?

Anyone agree?

• Wow
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, HGL91, lifeafterdeath and 1 other person
L

lifeafterdeath

Mar 5, 2019
I think it's due to the romanticism of said killers. There's this community on Tumblr called "True Crime Community" and some of its members have this sick obsession with killers, calling them "hot" etc. Some make edits of them, some genuinely think that the killers would have spared their lives and they would have been able to "save" them lol.

I really don't understand why suicide is seen as a "coward's" way out, or "selfish." It takes a lot of courage to get past your survival instincts to kill yourself. People are strange.

Perhaps they themselves want to die but they feel that they can't for various reasons, so they envy those who commit suicide?

Anyone agree?
yes, last line is very true.

Reactions: theuninstallbutton
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019

Anyone agree?

Lol Jeez. There's a community for EVERYTHING. That's a new one to me though!