F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
Hypothetical: You're the only human on a beautiful planet, but animals still exist.

All your basic needs, like food, water, and shelter are supplied as well as you like. You have access to all media and books created by humans. Robots can attend you.

Essentially, all the conveniences of society exist (somehow), but the people don't.

Would you want to commit suicide more or less in this situation?

Reactions: purplesmoothie, Quinlor, Winona and 3 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Humans are social creatures for the most part. The loneliness would do me in eventually. But I'd still have some fun living in the hypothetical situation you've provided before I ended myself.

• Love
Reactions: icanhasnick, AfraidofEverything, purplesmoothie and 1 other person
SN?0RN0t

SN?0RN0t

Tried to die in hurricane laura Even that failed
Aug 25, 2020
Yes because for me its the fact i just don't want to live i want to be non existent and what that means is nothing. I wouldnt even be i.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
(raises hand) question: do i have to be alone? can i have people i like there? do i have access to the internet so i can meet new friends and also invite them to my planet because i like them?

if the answer to these questions are yes, then ill take it. lol

Reactions: purplesmoothie and Green Destiny
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
I wanna say no... because as long as I have my computer and tv I dont really get bored. I'm so used to loneliness at this point it's not really a big part of my depression (I talk to my dog a lot). ;)

But I'd be happier if I could take Jason Momoa with me!

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Is it forever? If yes then I still choose to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: purplesmoothie and Deleted member 4993
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
if i were to be put on this magical new planet, i would probably postpone ctb, but do it anyway. i don't want to exist as a human anymore. no matter how peaceful the new planet is, those feelings of mine will never change.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Depends on if the robots are advanced enough to properly simulate positive human interactions while still being controllable enough for me to shut down or reprogram if they go wrong. Can they...be built for physical needs?... Also I'd need access to earth movies, internet, and video games because I definitely wouldn't be able to let that shit go.

THEN maybe I'd have a perfect life.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
That depends. Can things advance? Because you said that the planet comes with robots. If the robots could be used to establish industries and develop/advance technology using the knowledge left behind then I might want to stay. I could try to make myself immortal and explore the stars?

• Wow
Reactions: Quinlor and ForcedLifeResistant
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I doubt it. It would be fine as long as I knew how to grow food and stuff lol! I'm sure it would be alright. Depends what all was on the planet.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 18655
ForcedLifeResistant

ForcedLifeResistant

Jul 12, 2020
What you decribe isn't my idea of the best of all possible worlds but it sounds a hell of a lot better than being trapped here with a bunch of delusional apes (not to say that I'm not a delusional ape but the delusions aren't all the same and far too many of them impose on my own). In such a scenario, I may or may not want to CTB, eventually. The thing that ostensibly makes this the superior world is that, should I decide to, every method would be readily accessible to me, no one would be there to try and stop me, and I'd have no reason to concern myself with who or what I was leaving behind.

But if this more ideal world is as the actual world is today, only (say) with automated systems maintaining all its infrastructure (suggesting considerably more advanced technology) and robots that answer to me and do my bidding (as if my name was Robert Ford), there'd literally be a world of opportunities available to me that are available to no one in the real world. One could potentially reshape such a world as one saw fit. Perhaps even leave it, setting out to explore the rest of the solar system or, possibly, the galaxy.

Here in reality, the complexities of our various social systems stifle progress. All those egos bumping up against each other, disproportionate distributions of resources, economic leverage, electoral systems, etc. God, It's all so messy. But if you eliminate all but one of those egos and that ego gets to steer the entire ship, everything else kinda just becomes an engineering problem. No budgets, taxes, grant proposals, licenses, lawsuits, any of it. As much resources as are needed and desired can be consumed in the pursuit of realizing a single person's ends, and this person needn't be a despot. I don't imagine I'd want to CTB too soon, in such a world.

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Humans are social creatures for the most part. The loneliness would do me in eventually.
Lockdown has proven that!

On one hand, the problems that I face because of other people wouldn't be an issue so maybe I wouldn't want to. On the other hand, genetics would be the same and I would be in Paradise with the same faulty wiring in my brain so maybe I would still want to.

Fun to think about...

Reactions: icanhasnick and Sprite_Geist
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Hmm. While I'd love to be on my own and have all the comforts of people without the actual people, I think I'd get lonely as hell pretty quickly. Even though I find people and friends kinda tiring, I like being around them, just having someone in the house for example is good enough for me. To be alone, with my thoughts, like still having my mental illness etc I'm pretty sure I would still ctb, even on my own planet.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Depends on the parameters of the planet.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, I don't want to live forever and all good things do come to an end. The idea of immortality does not sit well with me and of course boredom is a thing too. Plus, if I wanted to get certain things done, I can't always do it alone and I still crave some human connection like physical intimacy and physical affection, both sexual and platonic alike. I think, by default humans are social creatures and to take that away or change that foundation would be catastrophic towards a human's mental health.

Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
Maybe, maybe not. Its hard to know without actually being in the situation but I'd assume no. I'm a person very okay with having extended me-time. I don't know about a lifetime of it but I'd give it a shot.