Yes

Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and ERASED
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Would you press it?
I think within the first ten bleeps I would lol

It depends, would I have one opportunity to press it? Or could I press it whenever? If it's the latter, I would try to live for a little longer to see what happens, with this new found comfort that I can quit easily and with no consequences to anyone, and if things went right, wonderful, if they went wrong like I expected, i'd press it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Incorrigible77777, brokenheart007, darkghost and 5 others
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
I'd live like a queen for a day, and then press it. Why not go out with a bang?

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Deleted member 17331, Fragile and 3 others
D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
It depends, would I have one opportunity to press it? Or could I press it whenever? If it's the latter, I would try to live for a little longer to see what happens, with this new found comfort that I can quit easily and with no consequences to anyone, and if things went right, wonderful, if they went wrong like I expected, i'd press it.
Lets say one opportunity / 1 press of the button, but you can press it whenever. So you only got one chance but know where it's at
edit: so if you go there and don't push it when you want to, the button disappears

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Heart Shards
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Lets say one opportunity, but you can press it whenever. So you only got one chance but know where it's at

Sorry, i dont understand haha, my ability to interpret stuff can be iffy at times.
Like, if I had a portable button that i can press at anytime I'd wait to see if things work out, if I had to choose now and no turning back or having another shot to do so, I really dont know what I'd do tbh

Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
01AC182C 3354 41FB 97B9 1FD69849066F
Without hesitation.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: draw a circle, Bct, Pupu and 14 others
J

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Jul 8, 2020
Without hesitation

• Hugs
Reactions: Cutepoison, Deleted member 17331 and Flump
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
No. I would hate to lose my memories of people who died and i love them. I believe in afterlife and i feel it would be extremely sad to lose the chance to reunite with them forever once they died. They wouldnt know me.

• Hugs
Reactions: KiraComplex, Oyoy and Deleted member 17331
W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019
Oh boy gladly. A push of a button and you are erased from the very existence. No better deal than that.

Reactions: Élégie, Cutepoison, Deleted member 14386 and 2 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I'll cry because of things I really love then be happy to end the suffering. Its a mixed feeling but of course I'll press it without hesitation

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14386 and Deleted member 17331
Theregoesthatidea

Theregoesthatidea

ಥ﹏ಥ
Jul 7, 2020
ooh this could be a cool story prompt!

A button that kills the presser and deletes all memories of the person
people try to monopolise it and A big powerful person runs the button forces those wishing to use it big money to end it
people protest capitalising death by violently killing themselves in public near the button
you make It to the CEO and throw his hand into the button and he disappears
you take his Identity as the ringleader of the suicide button

How long can you run this con before someone gets the same idea?

Can anyone else imagine a cool prompt from the suicide button idea or is it just me?

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 14386 and Soul
W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019

people try to monopolise it and A big powerful person runs the button forces those wishing to use it big money to end it
people protest capitalising death by violently killing themselves in public near the button

Can anyone else imagine a cool prompt from the suicide button idea or is it just me?
Have you tried authoring a book?

Reactions: Soul and Deleted member 14386
E

ERASED

Student
May 17, 2020
I'll press without batting a eye.

Reactions: _Minsk
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Would smash it right now !!!!!

Reactions: _Minsk and Cutepoison
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
I don't know if I understand...? Erase my memories or the memories of my loved ones?

If it is to delete those of my loved ones I would like. I know it sounds selfish, but to disappear into the memory of people dear to me... It would be much more meaningful. I caused a lot of pain, and I don't want to forget this.

Losing my memories wouldn't make a lot of sense to me, since the pain is also in my memories.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and FranCanSee
D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
Sorry, i dont understand haha, my ability to interpret stuff can be iffy at times.
Like, if I had a portable button that i can press at anytime I'd wait to see if things work out, if I had to choose now and no turning back or having another shot to do so, I really dont know what I'd do tbh
Nah let's say there is a physical location of the button, it can't be moved but it's close to where you are currently. If you approach within 10 feet of it you have to press it or not. If you don't you will never get the chance to do so again. (Soz my original explanation was pretty bad!)

No. I would hate to lose my memories of people who died and i love them. I believe in afterlife and i feel it would be extremely sad to lose the chance to reunite with them forever once they died. They wouldnt know me.
They wouldn't know you correct, you would know them. That's a problem with this story, maybe add a caveat that if there is an afterlife (which I hope there is) they have the original memories. But they also know you pushed the button.

Oh wow that's a great idea, I like this idea of a story! I'm really just brainstorming here lol but didn't even consider using the button on other people (fictionally!). Yeah that sounds solid I'll maybe make a story thread in the offtopic section if anyone wants to write a story! Yeah like what if you get found out and someone reverse-engineers the button?!? I really like this idea of a story. edit: ohhhhh also I did say if you go within 10 feet you can never press it again, so I guess you can either use it for yourself or use it on other people...? Now I'm confused lmao that might need to be changed in the story version
I don't know if I understand...? Erase my memories or the memories of my loved ones?

If it is to delete those of my loved ones I would like. I know it sounds selfish, but to disappear into the memory of people dear to me... It would be much more meaningful. I caused a lot of pain, and I don't want to forget this.

Losing my memories wouldn't make a lot of sense to me, since the pain is also in my memories.
I think it'd remove the memories of the people that know you, once you push the button you disappear and all memories of anyone ever interacting with you are gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Nah let's say there is a physical location of the button, it can't be moved but it's close to where you are currently. If you approach within 10 feet of it you have to press it or not. If you don't you will never get the chance to do so again. (Soz my original explanation was pretty bad!)

I see, well, i'd try hard to never go near this 10 feet limit, and would try to live, if things went wrong i would go and just press it, if not i would keep living, at least until it became unbearable, then i'd just press it too.
If i by accident went into this limit right now, and had to choose, i don't know what i'd do tbh.

Reactions: Deleted member 14386
D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
I see, well, i'd try hard to never go near this 10 feet limit, and would try to live, if things went wrong i would go and just press it, if not i would keep living, at least until it became unbearable, then i'd just press it too.
If i by accident went into this limit right now, and had to choose, i don't know what i'd do tbh.
I never said other people can't press it...... ;)
This is becoming more like a choose your adventure game lol

The Dark Chaos

The Dark Chaos

Craving chaos..
Apr 17, 2020
Without a secondd thought!

Reactions: FranCanSee and Deleted member 14386
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Would things I've done for people disappear too? Like if I took my partner on a spectacular trip at some pre-button time, would he never have gone on it if I press the button? or would he keep those memories (and souvenirs) but without me in them? If I own a house when I press the button, does my sister still inherit it? If a button-pusher has impregnated someone, what happens to the fetus? Lots of fun story lines here before you even get to using the button on someone else.

I suggest eliminating that 10-meter range and have the button wherever the user wants it. They can email a request for the activation code, and if they open the reply email they have 24 hours to use the button or it deactivates forever.

Reactions: Deleted member 14386 and kovkay
D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
Yeah the physical location really ties it down too much, as does the range thing. I like the idea that it's a virtual button, that opens up storylines where you can use the button on other people (kinda like the book series the movie 'Jumper' was based off).

What if someone replaces you in all the memories, that'd be interesting, maybe you can choose who? So the memories of what you've or other people have done, the children etc are just replaced by a different person doing that same thing. Very open to suggestions here I'm no writer but it could be a fun project.
edit: so I guess 'the button' would actually change to another universe or something. Then someone finds out how it works and who's behind it. That'd be very interesting story-wise

Last edited:
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I'd do something I've always wanted to do and then press it.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
What if it didn't always work 100%? The button-pusher would be gone, but once in a while a tiny percent of people they'd encountered *would* remember them?

There's a sequel in there somewhere.

• Love
D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
Well I guess the button would still exist....all anyone would need is the email address or website (whatever the button is)...and yeah bugs happen all the time. Who knows what kind of guy is operating this thing, he might be insane
edit: Theres a 'groundhogs day' scenario that could happen too, like the button gets stuck sending you into alternate universes or something. I really like this idea of a story lol, even though it started out as a random question

Last edited:
I_love_to_bake

I_love_to_bake

Student
Feb 27, 2020
Yeah the physical location really ties it down too much, as does the range thing. I like the idea that it's a virtual button, that opens up storylines where you can use the button on other people (kinda like the book series the movie 'Jumper' was based off).

What if someone replaces you in all the memories, that'd be interesting, maybe you can choose who? So the memories of what you've or other people have done, the children etc are just replaced by a different person doing that same thing. Very open to suggestions here I'm no writer but it could be a fun project.
edit: so I guess 'the button' would actually change to another universe or something. Then someone finds out how it works and who's behind it. That'd be very interesting story-wise
That would be cool. Replace my parents memory of me with a different son that didn't ruin their marriage with mental illness and didn't waste away depressed on the floor.

HappyMstake

HappyMstake

Not so happy as it turns out.
May 29, 2020
Of course. Being able to die painlessly AND not being labeled as a suicide, sign me tf up.

Reactions: Cutepoison