damnatio memoriae

damnatio memoriae

i like the color green.
Feb 24, 2023
Since you two wouldn't have many things to hide from each other, like say suicidal ideation, would you be able to comfortably spend time with them? Go on a walk together, have lunch etc.

Reactions: M@fuyu, Uk2023, OutOfTheVoid and 6 others
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
yea it's fun to hang with other suicidal ppl. i have one other friend who is and oddly we rarely talk abt it but i think they're a little more balanced than me heh. it's just like any other friend except you feel a little more comfortable with them, less on edge. we really are ostracized and thats fkn sad man

Reactions: Chemical Animal, thx1138 and Fwompje
damnatio memoriae

damnatio memoriae

i like the color green.
Feb 24, 2023
yea it's fun to hang with other suicidal ppl. i have one other friend who is and oddly we rarely talk abt it but i think they're a little more balanced than me heh. it's just like any other friend except you feel a little more comfortable with them, less on edge. we really are ostracized and thats fkn sad man
It's very fun to hang out with people like you. I had a friend that was like me too, best part is we didn't expect anything from each other. Knew everything and weren't ashamed. I'm so sad they moved to Cali a few months ago.

• Hugs
Reactions: BBBB and leeloosnow
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
It's very fun to hang out with people like you. I had a friend that was like me too, best part is we didn't expect anything from each other. Knew everything and weren't ashamed. I'm so sad they moved to Cali a few months ago.
awe i have a best friend in cali too :) she's someone i grew up with and she's ironically a therapist so i kinda hold back when talking with her. long story but, she and i found drugs together, found sobriety together, and i haven't seen her for oh 20yrs. then im on my zoom recovery group (this is substance use, not ctb recovery) but sometimes some of the questions she asks i kinda wonder if she hasn't thought abt it as well. i mean, we used to do kinda sick shit when we were kids lol. anyways, i hope you can keep in contact with ur friend and in the meanwhile, at least we have sasu :) thank for bringing up such an interesting topic <3

Reactions: damnatio memoriae
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
I think I would really get along with myself. We know each other so well, so if they were acting weird I would be like, "Ah, I get it. You don't even have to explain."

It would be easy to interact with them because of that. However, I could see myself getting annoyed with my behaviors too. Sometimes I don't take things seriously enough, so if I was in a bad mood, and my doppelgänger wasn't, he would probably be struggling to stifle a laugh as I confided in him because he's thinking about some stupid shit like Nicki Minaj lyrics that remind him of my plight. I'd want to slap the shit out of him sometimes, but I think we would get along mostly.

• Hugs
Reactions: scamper, N33dT0D13, rationaltake and 3 others
BroodingBleu

BroodingBleu

MtF
Feb 16, 2023
I would spend every moment I could with someone who understood me and hurt. Would do everything for them I could.

Reactions: OutOfTheVoid, BBBB and damnatio memoriae
freecoffee

freecoffee

Feb 6, 2023
I'm not sure... I feel like I'd get tired of someone I know everything about that shares my viewpoints on everything. But I suppose even if they wouldn't be the most interesting to me, it would be nice to have company that understands me in my entirety.

Reactions: redbathingduck, thx1138 and damnatio memoriae
toro

toro

dr pepper drinker
Feb 11, 2023
i dont know!!! im not very likeable or sociable, so if they were just like me idk how much id like them. id enjoy talking to them about the stuff i like, silly and dark, but i dont like speaking IRL about suicidal anything incase im overheard, so that topics restricted to dead-of-the-night texting and off-handed comments lol, i like hearing different opinions so maybe id get bored, but i can never make up my mind anyway, so im sure we'd find something to argue about.

thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I've never met anyone else like me, although I would like to, so I can't really say. I don't like myself very much so it's hard to imagine I would like them. Who knows. Sometimes I do feel like I wish there was at least one person who understands me though.

stoopid

stoopid

from hell
Feb 27, 2023
Double exit for sure

Reactions: Sluggish_Slump, damnatio memoriae and OutOfTheVoid
katara

katara

tired all the time
Mar 17, 2022
Sounds like a dream come true, I'd have someone to talk to every night before I go to bed. I think I'd be less miserable for sure. Maybe we could even both plan a suicide together, but either way I'd be doing much better mentally. I'd feel more normal.

Reactions: damnatio memoriae, OutOfTheVoid and thx1138
WeighAnchor

WeighAnchor

Mar 1, 2023
If they really were to be just like me, then I don't think we'd be able to keep it at just friendship. That would be nice though, I think it could even make life somewhat bearable. We'd both understand the other's need for alone time, both know how to approach the other about doing something together. I'd quite like to have someone in my life who was exactly like me.

Reactions: damnatio memoriae and thx1138
looseye

looseye

A boring person.
Oct 27, 2021
I hate myself enough already, there's no need for a second one of us 😄

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: redbathingduck, ASAPLeaving and LaVieEnRose
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I always wanted someone on my wavelength...

O

OutOfTheVoid

she/her
Feb 10, 2023
yes. granted there arent many ppl just like me, im a very weird person. just being suicidal and pro-choice alone isnt enough of a common ground, but it is essential to me. if there were someone just like me, who's suicidal and pro-choice and shares my core beliefs (on politics, philosophy, religion, etc.) and who understands and accepts who i am, i would be very comfortable with them, even happy.

i wish i had someone like that irl. i feel alone without that (tho this site has made me feel less alone, theres just so much distance to internet interactions). even tho i have ppl irl who i relate to in almost every other regard, i feel isolated and distant from them bc theyre trying to live and i dont want to be too close to someone when i intend to ctb in the future. i'd only get truly close to someone who also intends to ctb, cuz we'd understand each other and i wouldnt feel guilty for wanting to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: guayabas and damnatio memoriae
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Since you two wouldn't have many things to hide from each other, like say suicidal ideation, would you be able to comfortably spend time with them? Go on a walk together, have lunch etc.
Yes, all my exes were suicidal, maybe more so than me actually, and I had no issue taking walks with them, being intimate physically with them, enjoying my time with them and trying to cheer them up and I viewed them as a normal person. I never got uncomfortable, I only worried because I obviously didn't want to lose them or see them die.

Reactions: kindalone and damnatio memoriae
themisbelow

themisbelow

they/them
Mar 5, 2023
I know people pretty similar to me. The problem is that just because they're similar doesn't make everything fine for me. The issues isn't feeling necesasrily alone for me, it's that one second I can feel one way and then my emotions basically tumble dryer into everything at once and I just feel like I can't even breathe. Still, I can totally see how people could find a lot of solace with someone like them, isn't that why this forum exist? :)

• Love
N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
As much as I despise myself, I often think that meeting and becoming close to someone exactly like me would greatly help my mood. We'd be quick to comfort each other and assert "no you aren't trash you're awesome", we'd go along with the other's poorly thought out harebrained "plans" for things to do, and we'd have someone to obsess over us the way we obsess over others... But that's assuming a lot, namely that we wouldn't come to distrust and separate from the other from some imperceptible change in demeanor (which might just be straight up imagined on our part) that we take as irrefutable proof that the other hates us. We'd also likely enable the hell out of each other and I can see that going awry.

Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
Definitely not. I already despise myself enough. I don't need another person "me" to emphasise my flaws. Besides, what could I possibly gain from meeting myself? Meeting another suicidal person might be fun but there's no way I'd want to meet myself.

Reactions: redbathingduck and frog_prince
F

frog_prince

Feb 8, 2023
absolutely.. i feel safe in this forum, people here are so kind, maybe the kindest people i've ever known in my life

SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
This would be a dream. I wouldn't be alone and we'd be talking for hours. Amazing thread to bring up!

Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
If I actually find a person who are alike to me, I will just like to talk with them about our same likings
But I'd only be someone's true friends, if i also know if they're TRULY a safe person to share more about myself and my life story personally.

But nothing can guarantee that sadly.

I don't want to end up oversharing about myself with a person I don't know that the thing I share with them about myself only stop at them or not, especially if they knew me IRL.
I've already faced the consequences of it, not gonna do it again.

H

HuskSince2013

Apr 6, 2023
Would hate *just* like me, but would love to be friends with a fellow suicidal person. I've disappeared from so many previous friends lives because I was afraid of hurting them if I committed suicide. But would have to be a non-flake... Was so happy after psych ward that a bunch of people said they wanted to stay friends after, only one didn't totally ghost, but she wouldn't commit to doing anything for weeks, then months later I got a text she needed a ride somewhere. Sorry girl that ride has left :-/

Absolutely Mad

Absolutely Mad

Apr 10, 2023
Interesting question. I communicate with people, creating the illusion of personality. Different people - different personalities.

Would it be fun for two dull objects to interact? Perfectly knowing that we don't have any interests or concrete opinion on any subject?

I think we could be great business partners. Maybe helping each other not to give up; without any misunderstanding of what we truly feel.

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Probably, maybe even go out together (both in the romantic way and CTB). It would be nice to know someone else who is like me, to be honest, that is why I have not had any real life friends in six years, there is simply no one like me around.

S

SlowlyFalling

Apr 4, 2023
I actually have a friend like this, and we often hang out and talk about random shit. But it's also relieving when we get to talk about our crappy lives, and it's way easier than talking to a therapist because I know they understand and don't judge. Sometimes it feels like we're the only thing keeping each other sane. 10/10 would recommend

Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
Yes I would 100%. I noticed I feel much less anxious when walking the streets with someone with me and much more confident also. I can now understand why people walk in groups and gangs.