N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I probably will never enter either country. Maybe I am way too paranoid. Like I had this idea due to some considerations. Probably it is overthinking and only paranoid. Many say here are a lot of bots in this forum. They try to collect as much information as possible. Moreover I have heard the US and China are very strict at border control. Also at airports. I don't have much knowledge on the process. Probably my consideration are ridiculous.

But I read they even check facebook accounts of people who try to enter the country. Not sure what they are allowed to do with the smartphone. I could imagine the surveillance is on an insane level. (Yeah maybe ridiculous...) But when the NSA shit was released the warnings of so many people were proven right. Maybe this was only the tip of the Iceberg. On the other hand there is so extremely much information on the internet. I think currently it is pretty hard to put it in order. Probably in the future with better AI we will all live in 1984. I think some governments are already working on that. Usually I don't like conspiracies but this one could be true.

Yeah probably the answer is no they don't know it. What are your thoughts on it?

Z

Zerengin96

Student
Jun 14, 2022
I probably will never enter either country. Maybe I am way too paranoid. Like I had this idea due to some considerations. Probably it is overthinking and only paranoid. Many say here are a lot of bots in this forum. They try to collect as much information as possible. Moreover I have heard the US and China are very strict at border control. Also at airports. I don't have much knowledge on the process. Probably my consideration are ridiculous.

But I read they even check facebook accounts of people who try to enter the country. Not sure what they are allowed to do with the smartphone. I could imagine the surveillance is on an insane level. (Yeah maybe ridiculous...) But when the NSA shit was released the warnings of so many people were proven right. Maybe this was only the tip of the Iceberg. On the other hand there is so extremely much information on the internet. I think currently it is pretty hard to put it in order. Probably in the future with better AI we will all live in 1984. I think some governments are already working on that. Usually I don't like conspiracies but this one could be true.

Yeah probably the answer is no they don't know it. What are your thoughts on it?
I mean maybe they will find out, but will they do with that information? I dont think they care that some foreigner wants to commit suicide sadly

Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
I mean maybe they will find out, but will they do with that information? I dont think they care that some foreigner wants to commit suicide sadly
How do you think they'd find out ? By checking your history ? What if you have no history and use a private browser ?
Not that I think they care much for sure but I'm curious.

Reactions: Alex6216
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
No matter where you are, you should be using a VPN. Plain and simple.

western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
No. Why would they care? Unless they are already looking for a reason to detain you or deny entry, they're not gonna search your devices and accounts.

I'm fairly sure I have visited this website from airports, lol. Looking back, I reacted to a bunch of things on here the day I flew back to the US in April, and had posted on here a lot the day before my flight. If anything my post history would have been something to convince them to allow me to return home, since I was suicidal abroad because I was covid positive and unsure if my documentation would be accepted at the airport, and was afraid of an additional document check after landing in the US. But the airlines were responsible for validating covid test/vaccination status, and they allowed me to board.

H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
I think they couldn't care less. They have much more pressing matters at hand, and they simply don't have the resources to care about a few commoners who talk about suicide on a public forum. As long as we don't pose a threat to national security, they won't give a single f.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Also idk about China but the US definitely doesn't care otherwise there wouldn't be so many US members. It only seems like parents in the US would care.

Reactions: 𝔧𝔞𝔫𝔢 ⛧
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
China knows everyth9ing anyone does on the internet in their country. In the U.S> using a VPN is probably a good idea for overallo security, but peoplo on this site are not doing anything illegal. If someone was pushed towards suicide here that would be illegal potenti8ally, but I haven't seen that here.

BEATNGU

BEATNGU

Bone collector
Jun 15, 2022
This boy lives in the US and uses Google to search for the site on their phone when popping in. They are pretty sure they would know if they want to if they do not already.

Reactions: hungry_ghost
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
How do you think they'd find out ? By checking your history ? What if you have no history and use a private browser ?
Not that I think they care much for sure but I'm curious.
There are many ways they can track you, like records from dns servers or from your internet provider.
No matter where you are, you should be using a VPN. Plain and simple.
tor is a good option too and it's more accessible.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I'm pretty sure this site is blocked entirely in China, so it's probably a non-issue. The U.S. most definitely does not care.

• Wow
Reactions: thereisthemist
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I'm sure at some point a TSA goof could push for that, not that it's legal but they'll detain you for refusing an order, but after a fight they'd back down. I can't say what China does but there will be a point in the US where everything is surveilled, we just aren't there yet. The big blow up about the NSA, google, and other phone/tech is ancient history to most people and they will readily give up any privacy for "security". Check how many people use Alexa/voice command and they could care less. The TSA is too inept to do much so that keeps them in check. If in doubt protect yourself as others have mentioned.

Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
There are many ways they can track you, like records from dns servers or from your internet provider.

tor is a good option too and it's more accessible.
Someone once told me (in France) that you'd be immediatly tracked and could get in trouble if you used Tor... Is that a possibility or just nonsense ?

H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
Also idk about China but the US definitely doesn't care otherwise there wouldn't be so many US members. It only seems like parents in the US would care.
I'm in China and I can confirm it doesn't care either. This site is not even blocked by the GFW.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: wait.what and Dr Iron Arc
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Someone once told me (in France) that you'd be immediatly tracked and could get in trouble if you used Tor... Is that a possibility or just nonsense ?
It's possible for the internet provider to know that you're using tor, but not what youre doing using it, but it would only be illegal if legislators in your country passed a specific law banning the technology itself.