• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
would ambulance or something come and have a paramedic remove you on a stretcher? I'm just thinking this wouldn't be at all discreet and could draw the attention of anyone nearby.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and Final Escape
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
In the U.S., I was at the home of a relative who died in her bed and they took her body out covered up; it was quite grim.

Reactions: Final Escape
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
As @Jen Erik describes, yes, they will take the body out on a gurney --that's the only way to accomodate a corpse. Whether it is EMS or the Coroner depends on where you are and how the death is discovered.

Taking my own plans as an example, and after pumping a local deputy for information under the premise of it being for a book I'm writing:

With a delayed-delivery email notification to the sheriff, a deputy will arrive at the house, find my body, determine and declare that I am dead (an important legal necessity), and declare the house a "crime scene." Law enforcement will arrive and document the scene for the record --this is in case anything suspicious pops up later and they need to open an investigation. Extensive photographs and measurements will be taken. Evidence --including any notes or medications-- will be taken. And no, leaving a suicide note doesn't mean they forego this process, since there's nothing saying your murderer didn't set it up so that it looked like you committed suicide.

Once they have all the photographs and evidence they feel they need, the coroner will remove my body --in a van, not an ambulance-- to the local morgue. Blood will be drawn and tested for drugs and alcohol. An autopsy may be done. (My info is sketchy here as the deputy was getting weirded out by my questions and I didn't want him delving into my motivations.)

If your death is called in to 911, there's a good chance EMS will arrive with lights and siren --together with a fire engine, since it's common protocol to roll an engine for an EMS call (for additional manpower, in case a patient needs to be muscled out of an awkward location)-- and discretion stops being an option. Assume the police will arrive with their own lights and sirens as soon as EMS reports it as a suicide.

Reactions: Dead Meat and Ssrejisser
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
When my uncle died he was take out by the funeral home. The police did come to the house as well. It was an apparent suicide by the looks of what he had around his body but my grandma didn't want an autopsy. He was in his 60's and died in their shared home. It looked as if he had taken hundreds of klonipin (the blister packs were multiple) and he had drank some wine. This is what I saw when I went to clean up, no one else could do it at the time. However, he was also in poor health and on a cocktail of drugs that I can't even fathom....and no one wanted to investigate it having possibly been a suicide, so it just wasn't investigated. There was no note, but he had his affairs in order. He had his legal documents in an easy place to find. Guess it all depends on circumstances.

Reactions: Ssrejisser and Final Escape
JayZT

JayZT

Jul 12, 2018
I think it would cause too much attention, I want to go out as quietly as possible so sonewhere in the woods along the train line will do for me.

W

WaterUnder

Student
Apr 27, 2019
Yeah. Ambulance. Police. It was a fucking circus. Everyone in the house had to leave, including the dogs. So if you want to protect your family's privacy, don't ctb at home.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Only do it at home if u have no other choice.

Reactions: TAW122, Jc40 and throwaway777
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Only do it at home if u have no other choice.
Why? Who cares if an ambulance comes? My priority is getting it done without interruption. If you live alone, home has the highest chance of that.

Reactions: Dead Meat, Volo Mori, Jc40 and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Why? Who cares if an ambulance comes? My priority is getting it done without interruption. If you live alone, home has the highest chance of that.
Yes I get what you are saying. I only changed my mind on this more recently. I actually hated the idea that my neighbors who know me will probably be a bit shook up. I would rather not have this happen right here next to them. But depending on the method especially if u need ample time for it to work and to avoid rescue. It might be that home is the best spot.

Reactions: Dead Meat
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes I get what you are saying. I only changed my mind on this more recently. I actually hated the idea that my neighbors who know me will probably be a bit shook up. I would rather not have this happen right here next to them. But depending on the method especially if u need ample time for it to work and to avoid rescue. It might be that home is the best spot.
I think if I ever CTB, I would avoid the home or apartment because it's going to be VERY messy. I would still make sure that I can't be interrupted so I'm going to be doing it in my car, at a remote location.

F

Felicità

May 1, 2019
Residential buildings are not ideal. If you are living alone(as me), you maybe rot before they discover you, the clean-up will be nightmares too. It will affect following tenants or the selling as while. Expensive hotels are th best, no distractions, timely discovery and professional cleaning.

Reactions: JayZT
Mart

Mart

eh
Apr 27, 2019
Been there while someone died twice. Both times wasn't huge scene. Came, covered them in a nice quilt, but them in a body bag, then rolled them out.

Reactions: JayZT