N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think there are two different versions of this question.

There is the central question whether we take this literally. Does the other person really has to live our former life in exchange for it? Due to the fact most of us have pretty bad life quality we would probably take someone evil because we don't want that good people have to ednure our own torture.

Then there is the question what trading your life means. Do you have the same intelligence and personality as the person? Or would you maintain yours? To which extent would you remain the same person that you currently are if you trade your life? I think the last anwers are easier to answer. At least for me. I think the personality would not change much. But I would gain skills the other person had. Like their intelligence or charisma.

Though I give two different answers to differ about the first question which I have mentioned. If the other person would not be obliged to have my shitty life I could choose between more people.

I don't know maybe Barack Obama. Lol. I think he is quite smart, looks good, is honored. Yeah the bad thing would be I probably was responsible for some war crimes. But many people would listen to my stances about politics. The USA is a great country to live in if you are rich as fuck. He also has a lot of free-time I assume. His family seems to be friendly. Or I would choose a German billionaire. Many often prefer anonymity. They don't want to be exposed to the public pressure. This can also be kind of nice. Many extremely rich people have a lot of power and influence the society a lot. It would be an interesting life. My daily existential sorrows would be over. At least the ones concerning material matters.

Now an example in case the other person had to live my life. My first thought was Assad. But then I would get the death penalty in case I tried to establish a democracy. Maybe if I could trade my life with him before all these war crimes happened. Maybe I would trade with Rupert Murdoch but this dude is way too old. Maybe I would choose one of my evil bullies. Many of them had rich families and probably have a way better life quality than me. And they kind of deserve the punishment. But sadly life is not fair and this is nothing more than a thought experiment in a suicide forum. Talking about how unjust the world is.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, waitingforrest, katagiri83 and 2 others
S

Sun n showers

Student
Jul 4, 2022
I think there are two different versions of this question.

There is the central question whether we take this literally. Does the other person really has to live our former life in exchange for it? Due to the fact most of us have pretty bad life quality we would probably take someone evil because we don't want that good people have to ednure our own torture.

Then there is the question what trading your life means. Do you have the same intelligence and personality as the person? Or would you maintain yours? To which extent would you remain the same person that you currently are if you trade your life? I think the last anwers are easier to answer. At least for me. I think the personality would not change much. But I would gain skills the other person had. Like their intelligence or charisma.

Though I give two different answers to differ about the first question which I have mentioned. If the other person would not be obliged to have my shitty life I could choose between more people.

I don't know maybe Barack Obama. Lol. I think he is quite smart, looks good, is honored. Yeah the bad thing would be I probably was responsible for some war crimes. But many people would listen to my stances about politics. The USA is a great country to live in if you are rich as fuck. He also has a lot of free-time I assume. His family seems to be friendly. Or I would choose a German billionaire. Many often prefer anonymity. They don't want to be exposed to the public pressure. This can also be kind of nice. Many extremely rich people have a lot of power and influence the society a lot. It would be an interesting life. My daily existential sorrows would be over. At least the ones concerning material matters.

Now an example in case the other person had to live my life. My first thought was Assad. But then I would get the death penalty in case I tried to establish a democracy. Maybe if I could trade my life with him before all these war crimes happened. Maybe I would trade with Rupert Murdoch but this dude is way too old. Maybe I would choose one of my evil bullies. Many of them had rich families and probably have a way better life quality than me. And they kind of deserve the punishment. But sadly life is not fair and this is nothing more than a thought experiment in a suicide forum. Talking about how unjust the world is.
Anyone who has nembutal

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I've thought about this a lot but mostly in terms of me fading into the black and someone else living my life. I think it would be great if I could give my life to someone who actually wants to live and could do something useful in my circumstances.

If my personality were plopped down in any person's head, I'd probably end up just as miserable as I am now. My circumstances are not overly important in my depression. I have certainly faced some setbacks and disadvantages, particularly with my upbringing, but my life is pretty good on the whole.

Even when my life circumstances drastically improved, I gradually slipped back into depression and threw that all down the shitter.

If I had to choose, I would likely pick somebody super rich, but then I'd just be depressed sipping a martini with gold leaf in it on my personal yacht.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Mr. Domino on a flawless run.

Wait... No! He commits suicide!

Last edited: