Namarupa

Namarupa

Student
Jan 24, 2024
I've always wanted to hear people's opinions regarding this peculiar exercise.

As for myself, I'd probably choose Schopenhauer for his eclectic, deep knowledge of traditions both ancient and modern, eastern and western. His work, even in my disagreements with his thought, has inspired me in ways I can't even describe.

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, Forever Sleep, leavingthesoultrap and 1 other person
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I'm going to be shooting pretty high with this one, but I want to talk to Jesus, and ask him what God's higher purpose is behind the suffering of innocent children. It's not enough for me to have him say "God has a higher purpose, suffering makes you closer to God, etc".

I'd want to know why specifically, innocent people and children have to suffer, since God has the power to prevent suffering and I do not see the need for its existence. If God could remove suffering, I would believe in him far more, than if he were able to prevent it but allowed it to happen. If anything, the presence of suffering children is a strong argument against the existence of a benevolent God. If I personally had the power of a God I would not allow for suffering to exist. How can I seem to be morally above God? Of course that's blasphemous, but I would want to know, all the same. So I would want to talk to a religious icon, at the very least.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower, Forever Sleep, Namarupa and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
All the people I'd want to talk to are niche celebrities like Etika (famous gaming YouTuber/streamer who killed himself a couple years ago). Maybe my grandparents too.

I guess if I had to choose someone more significant, I'd maybe want to talk to Jim Henson. He died right around the time I was born and I'd want to know if he'd actually be rolling in his grave over what's been done to the Muppets since his passing or maybe he'd actually enjoy some of it like I have. Sometimes in some of his projects like The Muppet Movie I can sense we'd agree on a lot of things or maybe not. I just wanna know.

Reactions: Namarupa and Hardcore_Henry
Mitsumi

Mitsumi

Student
Dec 23, 2023
Setsuko Hara. I'd love to know about her true personality, her life, more of her movies, what she thaught about them.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Namarupa and Hardcore_Henry
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
I've always wanted to hear people's opinions regarding this peculiar exercise.

As for myself, I'd probably choose Schopenhauer for his eclectic, deep knowledge of traditions both ancient and modern, eastern and western. His work, even in my disagreements with his thought, has inspired me in ways I can't even describe.
Schopenhauer wrote a myriad of books and essays though -- what's the point in meeting him personally? Also, he was known to be very introverted and misanthropic, so unless you can impress him somehow, it will be very diffocult getting anything out of him.

Reactions: Namarupa
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
Jesus Christ, i'd really wanna see if he could turn water in to wine lol. >.<

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: jello, BrainShower, Forever Sleep and 2 others
Namarupa

Namarupa

Student
Jan 24, 2024
I'm going to be shooting pretty high with this one, but I want to talk to Jesus, and ask him what God's higher purpose is behind the suffering of innocent children. It's not enough for me to have him say "God has a higher purpose, suffering makes you closer to God, etc".

I'd want to know why specifically, innocent people and children have to suffer, since God has the power to prevent suffering and I do not see the need for its existence. If God could remove suffering, I would believe in him far more, than if he were able to prevent it but allowed it to happen. If anything, the presence of suffering children is a strong argument against the existence of a benevolent God. If I personally had the power of a God I would not allow for suffering to exist. How can I seem to be morally above God? Of course that's blasphemous, but I would want to know, all the same. So I would want to talk to a religious icon, at the very least.
Jesus Christ, i'd really wanna see if he could turn water in to wine lol. >.<

I only considered non-religious figures while writing this post, but this is the best choice possible, definitely.
Setsuko Hara. I'd love to know about her true personality, her life, more of her movies, what she thaught about them.
Great choice (and film taste, lol). She's also one of my favourite actresses. Her smile in 晩春 (1949) is still imprinted to my mind to this day.
Schopenhauer wrote a myriad of books and essays though -- what's the point in meeting him personally? Also, he was known to be very introverted and misanthropic, so unless you can impress him somehow, it will be very diffocult getting anything out of him.
The notion that he was a misanthrope is false. He preached for compassion for all living beings, as they are all subject to the Will. He had a profound admiration for St. Francis of Assisi, after all.

"The conviction that the world, and therefore man too, is something which really ought not to exist is in fact calculated to instill in us indulgence towards one another: for what can be expected of beings placed in such a situation as we are? ... this ... reminds us of what are the most necessary of all things: tolerance, patience, forbearance and charity, which each of us needs and which each of us therefore owes."

It's true that he lived a very recluse life at the end of life, but he was also known as a very self-centered person who loved to discuss his writings, especially when he was younger. People for some reason tend to think of Schopenhauer as a old man, but he published the first volume of The World as Will and Representation at only 30 years old! It might be stupid, wishful thinking, but I think he would be able to clarify many of my uncertainties regarding his aesthetics and metaphysics.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mitsumi and Hardcore_Henry
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
My past incarnations and ask them why is my current life so fucked up 😆😒

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim, Namarupa and Mitsumi
mortuarymary

mortuarymary