TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
When you were born if you could of picked your own name what would you have named yourself? I always hated my name now at 27 I've become to just accept it......

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: imagineit, mediocre, Circles and 7 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I've never felt my name suits me at all, plus which it's hard to pronounce and my parents spelled it goofy so it's constantly misspelled.

Soul is the best I've come up with, but I always have to explain that too. I should just go with whatever the last person said. 8\

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Worthless_nobody, charlottewilts and 2 others
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
I did choose my own name! Lol and it fits me much better.

• Love
Reactions: Soul, Circles, a_strange_day and 3 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
When you were born if you could of picked your own name what would you have named yourself? I always hated my name now at 27 I've become to just accept it......

I have always hated my name as well. I think Dylan would be a cool name or Axl.
I take that back … I would like to be called Deceased :wink:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Soul, Circles, LittleJem and 4 others
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
i've hated my name for as long as i've been aware of my existence. not because it's ugly, it's just... the sort of name that should belong to a happy person, not someone as depressed and nihilistic as i am.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, not-2-b-the-answer, Circles and 4 others
thepolarbear

thepolarbear

'til we die
Dec 7, 2019
I like my name, but if I'm picking names I go with "Bear" or "Wolf". Something strong, that tells people you dont fuck with this guy. :D

• Love
Reactions: Soul, Circles, charlottewilts and 3 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I wish my real name was something like Raven. I absolutely hate my name both first and last so much that I'm ashamed to ever tell people and I am seriously considering changing it. First name never fit me...it sounds like a bubbly, extraverted name a cheerful person would have. I would love a dark mysterious name that fits my personality better.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TheSoulless, Soul, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I would probably pick some type of mathematical formula to be my name. Yea it's a bit nerdy but math is the language of the universe after all. I've always had a deep fascination with the universe.

• Love
Reactions: Epsilon0, Soul, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I never cared about my name even though I don't really like it. My name is and has always been the least of my worries.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Soul, charlottewilts, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Res nullius.

• Love
Reactions: charlottewilts, not-2-b-the-answer, Circles and 1 other person
JustHeckinKillMe

JustHeckinKillMe

Cool I'm dead
Sep 26, 2019
Princess Consuela Banana Hammock

• Love
Reactions: Soul, not-2-b-the-answer, TheDevilsAngel and 1 other person
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I hated my name as a child and in high school because this one girl in my class in primary school would always make fun of my name by purposely mispronouncing it. I only accepted it in mid high school but now... it doesn't fit me at all. I found out the meaning of my name around 3 years ago and it's the translation of beloved, sweetheart and darling. I'm not beloved to anyone and I never have been, nor have I been a sweetheart or darling. No one ever loved me or cared and after everything that has happened, I don't want anyone to. I should've just been named after a name which translates to vile, ugly and worthless.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul, charlottewilts, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Princess Consuela Banana Hammock
Regina Phalange
I've come to not mind my forename but my surname has caused me significant stress. It's a particular four letter word that rhymes with dove and I suffered constant taunts and bullying because of it. I've always wanted to change it.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Soul, not-2-b-the-answer, TheDevilsAngel and 1 other person
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
I changed my name legally because
a. I hate my name given to me by my parents
b. my name has 5 letters and 2 of them aren't used in the country I moved to 9 years ago.
I love my 'new' name, the one I gave myself after my move to my new adored county. I have my birth names still as my second names because I kind of had to, I paid for the new name, which was a lot of money, having the other ones removed would have cost even more... So I'm stuck with the other names for now..

• Love
Reactions: Soul, charlottewilts, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
If had to pick my own name think be Ford prefect ;) :) oooo or slartibartfast HAHA :) But joking aside think it would be mort i was thinking of adopting it as my middle name at one time :)

• Love
Reactions: Soul, not-2-b-the-answer and TheDevilsAngel
peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
I actually really hate my first name and go by my middle name in formal settings.

• Love
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and Soul
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I hate my name. I'd rather be named James or Alex.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I grew up hating my name, but as I became an adult, I got over it. Now I actually like it and couldn't picture myself with another.

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
I have already chosen my new first and last name (okay, so not officially..but the MAJORITY of the people I know call me by my chosen name and most don't even know my real name). However, for the thread's purposes (since I can't tell you my already chosen name), I've always loved the name Andromeda.

F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
I used to make up loads of aliases when I was younger. I like my given and middle names now. My father explained that they gave me such a long, polysyllabic name because they had confidence I could learn to spell it, and I did become a better speller than my sister, who has a shorter name. :halo:

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Probably something related to nature, darkness, universe, etc. I would really like Rain.

Reactions: thepolarbear