Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
If you could offer one piece of advice to the people here, what would it be?

The one thing that I am glad I took the opportunity to do in my life, was to travel and see some of what the world has to offer. My daughter recently visited India, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos. The world is changing rapidly and there's no guarantee that visiting places like these will be possible for much longer.
It doesn't have to cost as much as you think. Package holidays and resorts are a complete waste of money and time. It's just doing things you can do at home, somewhere else.
Air travel has never been as affordable. Hostels aren't only for the young. They offer all kinds of accommodation, from communal dormatories to family quarters with private bathroom facilities at reasonable prices.
All it takes is some research to safely explore places, meet people and learn about cultures otherwise unimaginable.
Whether you get on a bus to the next state, a train to the ocean or a plane to the other side of the world, you won't be sorry you did. Nothing will be the same again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231112-180006.png
    Screenshot_20231112-180006.png
    971.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, higherthanthesun, π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜† and 1 other person
π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
Stop wasting your time and energy on people who clearly don't want you / don't care about you.
Often it's hard to let go of those who we find close (talking about clearly one-sided relationships/friendships) but in the end it's better than constantly getting hurt. I rather be alone and do my own stuff than waste all my energy and time on people who don't bother texting me unless they are in need of something.

• Love
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, NocturnILL, Spiritual survivor and 6 others
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
If you could offer one piece of advice to the people here, what would it be?

The one thing that I am glad I took the opportunity to do in my life, was to travel and see some of what the world has to offer. My daughter recently visited India, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos. The world is changing rapidly and there's no guarantee that visiting places like these will be possible for much longer.
It doesn't have to cost as much as you think. Package holidays and resorts are a complete waste of money and time. It's just doing things you can do at home, somewhere else.
Air travel has never been as affordable. Hostels aren't only for the young. They offer all kinds of accommodation, from communal dormatories to family quarters with private bathroom facilities at reasonable prices.
All it takes is some research to safely explore places, meet people and learn about cultures otherwise unimaginable.
Whether you get on a bus to the next state, a train to the ocean or a plane to the other side of the world, you won't be sorry you did. Nothing will be the same again.
I also love to travel, fantasizing about seeing other parts of the world and other cultures is one of the few things that keeps me here... but I still feel that I should do other things first before leaving the place where I was born, maybe one day I will feel that its the time... I just hope I don't regret it and realize I was wasting my time when I should have done it a long time ago... I'm happy for your daughter and for you, thank you for sharing, it gives me hope.

• Love
Reactions: higherthanthesun, Kattt and π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
Stop wasting your time and energy on people who clearly don't want you / don't care about you.
Often it's hard to let go of those who we find close (talking about clearly one-sided relationships/friendships) but in the end it's better than constantly getting hurt. I rather be alone and do my own stuff than waste all my energy and time on people who don't bother texting me unless they are in need of something.
πŸ‘† this. Reminder to self to follow this advice

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜† and higherthanthesun
higherthanthesun

higherthanthesun

Dead
Nov 9, 2023
I would say, personally, don't take what people say, especially on the internet, too seriously.

I've had my fair share of trolls on the internet trying to say the absolute worst with no backing to it. I really let it get to me for a long time and I truly wish I hadn't because who the fuck are they ya know?

It also goes for IRL but some people can be good and criticism can come from a good place. But on the internet, totally different.

But the gist is, don't waste your emotions/energy on people who don't deserve it, as stated above by previous posters.

I like to think, on my deathbed, what will I regret the most, and the amount of time I've spent thinking and worrying about the stupidest shit will not have been worth it.

It's easier said than done, I know from experience but hopefully it will be worth it in the end, whether that end will come sooner rather than later, I'm not sure.

All Love <3

Reactions: tiger b, π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜† and Kattt
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Wear sunscreen

• Love
Reactions: π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†, NumbItAll and tiger b
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Be true to yourself.

Reactions: tiger b
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Don't put milk in before the tea bag.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: Twntysix, π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†, piddincir and 1 other person
53 Huffy A-Ride

53 Huffy A-Ride

Nov 12, 2023
Copy pasting part of a long reply i did for another user. It's my story and how things have played out for me. My message is there, and I feel its incredibly important to read especially if youre much younger like late teens/20s.

"I am a male with clinically diagnosed BPD and psychosis, was born premature and have not as much brain matter as everyone else. As a result, I am constantly battling with mental illness, quite literally every day. The part of life i fear the most is coming to in front of groups of people and then trying to explain away like im not fucking crazy as to why i was just talking to people who weren't there while being completely unaware of those who are. Those bouts are usually paired with my PTSD episodes from getting drugged and raped when i joined the army as a teenager by fellow unitmembers. For what its worth, I was also abused as a kid and have had to go through assloads of therapy just to overcome that. Inner child work kicks ass for those abused btw. Still working on the rape, as well as using therapies such as DBT/CBT to overcome the BPD (remission of most mental illness is possible). Everything mentioned was present in my life by the time i was 18, and I was able to recognize that I got dealt a pretty shitty hand. Despite all those complications and waking up every day not wanting to continue, I made the rank of sergeant by the age of 19 (fucking insane today), came out of the military with an honorable discharge and 6 years served (somehow... by the end my mind was fucked), but back to square one... switched gears and bought a gastronomy book, studied it and made it into an awarded kitchen where I became a chef without culinary school. Unresolved mental illness kicked in quick, and I burned basically every bridge in culinary. Shit. Back to square one, no money either. On the fly, I taught myself how to program to try and get a better life and somehow i actually did it and made it into tech. Thought I was saved and life was gonna be ez street as a programmer making six figs while still being a young single guy, but mental illness prevailed and once again i burned every bridge again - this time in tech. Back to square one again. Cool, late 20s at this point. Still though, didnt give up, and then taught myself enough electrical work to find a job as a sponsored hire for an electrician (so i wouldnt have to attend any schools and lose valuable time). Guess what, made it as an electrician but once again mental health took me out of the field rather quickly. Back to square one. I could give you two more completely unrelated fields ive entered through self teaching and then self sabotage due to mental health, but you get the idea. I thought my life would only be a pattern of "hahah, you're competent enough to really do whatever you want, but god is cruel so your mind will never allow you to truly make it. Ever." When I finally nutted up and accepted that just because im competent doesnt mean shit if my mind isnt taken care of first, I was able to finally break away from my stubborn dumbassery, get on a light SSRI purely to help stabilize my moods even slightly, and started therapy. Note: antidepressants are pointless without accompanying therapy, as far as the longterm is concerned.

Life is a lot fucking better for me now. I am in my 30s and have been given MANY opportunities by life to fail, but all those failures led to some honestly wicked success, and what I just read from you is EXACTLY what I would have written those many years ago now when I was younger. Seriously, reading your post was like looking into a spooky time travel mirror. Don't actually give up, because I don't see that you are there yet. Also, dont compare yourself to others in case you do. My dad didnt have his shit together and not a penny to his name until he was like 45, and now the fucker is a millionaire because he finally figured things out. "Life starts at different times for everybody, dont worry that its shit now." His words exactly. Its kinda supposed to be shitty when you're young/inexperienced, in a fucked up way lol.

You'll figure things out too. I absolutely believe you will. It just takes a lot longer than anyone cares to admit."

To reiterate: life starts at different times for everyone. Getting dealt a bad hand is not a death sentence. Trust me, I know what it means to be dealt a bad hand and still stay in the game and win the pot.

Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Learn to recognize if fear is running your life. Fear will keep u from being able to have a life that u are happy with. Even if everything is failing in your life, fear is the ultimate killer. Don't compare your life to other people's, they might not have came from the same starting point u have had. It's important to realize that even if your life seems hopeless, that things can change when u least expect it. This sounds so pro life I'm sorry.😣I recognize and respect that sometimes the pain is just so extreme that a person will choose to exit prematurely and do respect that.

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
What about milk before cereal
The thread asked for ONE piece of advice, like wtf dude do I have to work everything out for you??? πŸ€ͺ As if tigers eat cereal anyway.

• Hmph!
Reactions: π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†
CandyK__

CandyK__

Mercy on me, would you please spare me tonight?
Mar 13, 2023
Cherish every moment, every relation, everyone in your life , hold on to things that you care about, no matter what. Everything too quickly fades away.

Even if whole world tells you no, but you still find yourself coming back, then fight, until it's all gone to ash. Give up on giving up, Face what you stand against, fight until you can't no more. Love everyone like you want to be loved, let others love you as well.

Left

Left

4 Dead 3 please release.
Oct 13, 2023
Weed out habits that are detrimental to your physical health before it's too late.