• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

azzie

azzie

Not quite a human, not yet a ghost.
Jul 22, 2024
What would you get done?

I have lupus, Sjögren's syndrome, and mold toxicity, and I'm currently experiencing a huge flare-up. The UK summer has me wishing I could just have my brain transplanted into a robot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kusogaki
AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Student
Apr 5, 2024
Sorry to hear about your physical health problems.

I don't think current robotics can really provide useful advantages, artificial muscles are quite weak and hydraulics are slow and not very flexible.

Not to mention energy constraints.

Reactions: Kusogaki and azzie
azzie

azzie

Not quite a human, not yet a ghost.
Jul 22, 2024
Sorry to hear about your physical health problems.

I don't think current robotics can really provide useful advantages, artificial muscles are quite weak and hydraulics are slow and not very flexible.

Not to mention energy constraints.
Thank you ❤. I'm trying to manage, but some days, like today, are rather tricky.

It's true that we aren't anywhere near that level of technology yet, and I think you're right—I wouldn't want to be put into a robot at this point in time. But I think it's fun to imagine what it could be like if we had the technology from sci-fi movies, even though it is a bit silly, and I doubt I could afford it even if we did. Being able to walk and breathe without pain again would be so nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kusogaki and AbusedInnocent
AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Student
Apr 5, 2024
Thank you ❤. I'm trying to manage, but some days, like today, are rather tricky.

It's true that we aren't anywhere near that level of technology yet, and I think you're right—I wouldn't want to be put into a robot at this point in time. But I think it's fun to imagine what it could be like if we had the technology from sci-fi movies, even though it is a bit silly, and I doubt I could afford it even if we did. Being able to walk and breathe without pain again would be so nice.
Definitely science fiction, protests would be a much greater threat to the status quo if everyone had technology that gives them superpowers.

If technology advances to the point of mech-suits they must have some kind of DRM kill-switch that only the manufacturer can control.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Maybe, if they didn't hurt to put in and weren't too expensive.

Reactions: Kusogaki
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, I would put a ton of cybernetic enhancements on. I'd mainly replace my arms with robotic arms that can do so much more than a human's arm can. I'd use those arms to get into the speedrunning community and get famous that way so that I can avoid wage slavery. Either way, I'd definitely take any and all enhancements that I can access. I don't know why people would even want to refuse easily enhancing themselves. Maybe they just like to suffer?

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yes, I would put a ton of cybernetic enhancements on. I'd mainly replace my arms with robotic arms that can do so much more than a human's arm can. I'd use those arms to get into the speedrunning community and get famous that way so that I can avoid wage slavery. Either way, I'd definitely take any and all enhancements that I can access. I don't know why people would even want to refuse easily enhancing themselves. Maybe they just like to suffer?
That would be pretty sick to see but I feel like the speedrunning community would eventually just either not count cybernetic enhanced runs or give them a completely separate category on their own. 😳

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I have been thinking about "virtual classes" that may add some new layers to the environment, and perhaps some "gloves" or "rings" which enable to you to you to control the scenery and so (like if you had a computer mouse in hour hand). Or what about some "internal biological system", that could for example control my hormonal system, giving me a "good mood" or a high.