• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
If you had the opportunity to go back in time to the time you were first born and with all your memories do you think you would still be suicidal? Is it possible to change what made you suicidal?

Asking this for shits and giggles I don't really have an answer myself but if I had the opportunity I feel I might try to not be suicidal...though I would probably still have depression and still be me so I might end up the same but idk.

Reactions: LONE WOLF., Forever Sleep, KafkaF and 1 other person
Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
Nah, I think I would still have become depressed and suicidal in my early teen years. Don't get me wrong, I had a decent childhood, but it's when my teen years came around that shit hit the fan.

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeIsCrazyNemb and MiMif
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
No, I don't believe so.

Objectively my life has been good. Solid childhood, education and adult life. Marred by depression and addiction.

Depression I believe is neither nature or nurture, it's just a sad fact for some of us. Could argue that's nurture.

Knowing what I know now may have lessened it, but not much.
Many people have terrible child hoods or live in extreme hardship but are happy and content. Others are multi millionaires and hang themselves.

An interesting thought experiment none the less.

Reactions: divinemistress36
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
You'd have to specify what you mean with that for me to give an exact answer.

Like do you mean I go back in time with all my memories but wake up in the body I had at that time? Or do you mean that current me can go back in time to intervene?

The biggest thing that drives my suicidal thoughts is the emotional abuse I got at the hands of my parents throughout my life. That's... hard to fix unless I were somehow able to get young me away from them early on. I think that would only be possible if current me was able to go back into the past somehow. Because young me just couldn't have done anything.

Beyond that, if I were returned to 2011 things could probably change. I didn't know at the time that my then girlfriend still loved me when she broke up with me. So I'd probably get back together with her. She's probably the only woman who ever genuinely loved me, so that might mean a lot.

I'd also be able to seek out my current psychologist back when my anxiety wasn't as bad yet and my life wasn't in as bad of a state yet. I'd also put my foot down with my parents about taking a sabbath year before going to college. Cuz I really needed it and not taking it really screwed up my college experience. With these things handled I think there's an okay shot that I could've completed college. And as a result gotten a decent job.

Other than that... travelling back to February 4th of 2023 would be good. That's the day me and my previous girlfriend were officially together. And there are some things I'd do differently in that relationship with what I know now. I don't know if it would matter but... if it meant she wouldn't break up with me, that would definitely make me not actively suicidal anymore today. Even though my life would still have many problems.

At the very least I could kiss her again. And that would be worth everything for me.

So, yeah, I think there are times I could go back to in order to change things so that I'm no longer suicidal today. Although it's hard to say for sure how things would've turned out.

Last edited:
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
You'd have to specify what you mean with that for me to give an exact answer.

Like do you mean I go back in time with all my memories but wake up in the body I had at that time? Or do you mean that current me can go back in time to intervene?

The biggest thing that drives my suicidal thoughts is the emotional abuse I got at the hands of my parents throughout my life. That's... hard to fix unless I were somehow able to get young me away from them early on. I think that would only be possible if current me was able to go back into the past somehow. Because young me just couldn't have done anything.

Beyond that, if I were returned to 2011 things could probably change. I didn't know at the time that my then girlfriend still loved me when she broke up with me. So I'd probably get back together with her. She's probably the only woman who ever genuinely loved me, so that might mean a lot.

I'd also be able to seek out my current psychologist back when my anxiety wasn't as bad yet and my life wasn't in as bad of a state yet. I'd also put my foot down with my parents about taking a sabbath year before going to college. Cuz I really needed it and not taking it really screwed up my college experience. With these things handled I think there's an okay shot that I could've completed college. And as a result gotten a decent job.

Other than that... travelling back to February 4th of 2023 would be good. That's the day me and my previous girlfriend were officially together. And there are some things I'd do differently in that relationship with what I know now. I don't know if it would matter but... if it meant she wouldn't break up with me, that would definitely make me not actively suicidal anymore today. Even though my life would still have many problems.

At the very least I could kiss her again. And that would be worth everything for me.

So, yeah, I think there are times I could go back to in order to change things so that I'm no longer suicidal today. Although it's hard to say for sure how things would've turned out.
I mean return back in time to when you first came out of the womb however you hold all the memories that your current self knows...maybe that makes it more clear. I don't mean that you go back in time and talk to your past self.

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
I mean return back in time to when you first came out of the womb however you hold all the memories that your current self knows...maybe that makes it more clear. I don't mean that you go back in time and talk to your past self.
If I'm back in my own body every time then I don't think there's any way I could've stopped the emotional abuse. So given that fact I don't think I'd ever be truly okay mentally. That being said, the rest of my answer still stands. If I could go back in my own body to 2011 then I could change a lot and potentially not end up suicidal. And if I could go back to February of 2023 then maybe I could change things so I wouldn't be suicidal right now either. Though I still wouldn't be okay.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Now that definitely would help. Living my life all over again knowing that it wasn't my fault for having a shity childhood, Knowing that am not a terrible child and a failure like they claimed to, Knowing the things that matter in life and just focusing my all my time and energy on them....yes, definitely.

M

mojabaka

Student
Apr 20, 2022
Not get the covid vaccine. That's when everything went wrong.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No, the bad things that happened early on were either unavoidable- deaths in immediate family or- difficult to stop. As in- don't remarry Dad- I don't want to grow up with a (suspected) narcissist. I did actually have the opportunity to voice my concerns there but it felt pretty monstrous to do it because I knew it's what he desperately wanted.

Ironic that the people here hanging on for the sake of their parents (who brought them into this mess and may have contributed to it) now don't feel the freedom to get what they desperately want and get the hell out of this place!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case existence is what makes me wish to die, I'd always see it as better to not exist no matter what. In my case I see my wish to die as a result of becoming aware of how existence truly is meaningless, undesirable and harmful, I don't see any benefit in being enslaved in this existence, to me existence is so incredibly burdensome, I find it such a terrible, horrific tragedy how life even existed at all.

No matter what I'd always prefer the peace of eternal non-existence to decaying from age in this hellish existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer, to me only eternal nothingness is ideal. Existence just creates unnecessary suffering, pain and problems that there was never a need for in the first place yet there are no disadvantages to not existing.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'd probably still make most of the same mistakes in life so it would probably be pointless even though I'm aware that time travel really is one of the few things that could save me. I don't think it works if my consciousness just gets put in my young body though, I need to actually be there as a separate entity so I can slap the shit out of myself anytime that idiot is about to do something stupid (which would be all the time).

permanently tired

permanently tired

Flying too high
Nov 8, 2023
I think so, I would go back and make decisions myself and not follow what my family or society ushers me towards

C

calebzz1

Jan 6, 2024
Honestly, if I were able to go back in time to before I had LASIK I would be perfectly fine.

I'm not looking to CTB but I tried everything and I feel visually impaired at a young age.