lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
For me, I would choose a game similar to ARK or Far Cry Primal. I would have it contain extinct animals that you can hunt. I would also have you fight other tribes to get resources and other things.

Please, share your creation of a video game.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Distopic, Deleted member 19276 and Tragoedia Vitae
Theregoesthatidea

Theregoesthatidea

ಥ﹏ಥ
Jul 7, 2020
I actually have two!

one would be an interactive story type video game a la Life is Strange, Until Dawn, Man of Medan, etc. set in the prairies of Canada where I grew up. I would set it in an old haunted residential school full with spirits of evil colonisers and abused first nations children. Think of movies like Grave Encounters or Last shift. haunts echoing a traumatizing tragic history

The second would be a cartoonish underwater survival game like Subnautica set in the cambrian/silurian explosion. I've never seen any other game feature creatures from that time.

• Love
Reactions: lostangel, Deleted member 19276 and Tragoedia Vitae
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'd design a first person shooter but instead of a gun it's a cock and instead of bullets you're shooting jizz everywhere. The americans would hate it

• Wow
Reactions: Distopic, lostangel and Deleted member 19276
Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
Hey, I love the idea of this thread! I would want to make a historical adventure RPG game. It would probably be set in England during the Tudor period, or in Paris during the French Revolution/Napoleonic era, or in Japan during the Tokugawa shogunate, or in the Mongolian Empire under Genghis Khan and his successors....the possibilities are endless!

Historical accuracy is very important to me so I would definitely make that the focus of the game. Unfortunately historical games aren't that popular and the ones which do get attention tend to be heavily embellished.

Reactions: lostangel, SuicidalDream and Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
For me, I would choose a game similar to ARK or Far Cry Primal. I would have it contain extinct animals that you can hunt. I would also have you fight other tribes to get resources and other things.

Please, share your creation of a video game.
Primal... From all the Far Cry games I've played, is also the one I never got my hands on. I seriously need to consider buying it! :)
Very good thread though, it will be interesting to see what people post here.

If I were to make a game, it would be perhaps something with lots of parkour and climbing, like Mirror's Edge perhaps. :)
I used to do those things when I was younger btw, thus why I have a thing for it. ( Freerun and Parkour I mean)

Reactions: lostangel
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
My ideas are similar to some of the above. I really want a restaurant where all that's featured are animals that would kill you if they had a chance, and the customers have to kill their own meal. A virtual version could suffice for a while. We can call it Fair Game. A Silurian version would be fun too, but awfully short, I think.

A Butterfly Effect simulation would be great: You can alter historical scenarios and then watch what ensues, including whether or not you'd be born.

• Hugs
Reactions: lostangel, SuicidalDream and Deleted member 19276
SuicidalDream

SuicidalDream

Jun 1, 2019
I have a few ideas for video games. I'm not confident that any of them are worth sharing though. The best one I've thought of so far is a stealth game exploring the homes and other properties of various historical figures who were allegedly involved in conspiracies. I might actually make that game if I'm ever motivated enough to get back into making games.

Reactions: Deleted member 19276, lostangel and Soul
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I would create an MMORPG like WoW, but better. The scale of the world would be more accurate in relation to the size of the characters. A unique lore and atmospheric music. It would be a lot of work to build a world like that, though.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 19276, lostangel and SuicidalDream
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'm actually making a indie game right now using Unity. It's a top down shooter. I can't say much about it though because it's still in development.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Theregoesthatidea, Lost in a Dream and Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I'm actually making a indie game right now using Unity. It's a top down shooter. I can't say much about it though because it's still in development.
Good luck on the project! Unity is a pretty epic engine. :)

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Good luck on the project! Unity is a pretty epic engine. :)
Thank you! Unity is great for alot of projects unless it's a very graphically intense game. The new Unreal engine is better in that aspect, the Unreal demo for the PS5 is insane!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
Thank you! Unity is great for alot of projects unless it's a very graphically intense game. The new Unreal engine is better in that aspect, the Unreal demo for the PS5 is insane!

Oh yeah, I saw that demonstration. Unreal has always been the most hardcore graphic based engines out there. So many games have used it over the years and now seeing it being pushed to a version 5... Truly amazing! ^_^
As for Unity, a bit old by now, but gold! It will do for a game that wants to be less pushy on the GPU settings. :)

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Oh yeah, I saw that demonstration. Unreal has always been the most hardcore graphic based engines out there. So many games have used it over the years and now seeing it being pushed to a version 5... Truly amazing! ^_^
As for Unity, a bit old by now, but gold! It will do for a game that wants to be less pushy on the GPU settings. :)
Unity is currently used in over half of the video games worldwide. Unity is always one step behind Unreal in tech but it's definitely easier to code. Unity C# is much more forgiving then using Unreals C++ or Blueprint systems.

In the end it's really up to the dev and what kind of game they're making. I use both engines and have no hate for either one.

Reactions: Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
Unity is currently used in over half of the video games worldwide. Unity is always one step behind Unreal in tech but it's definitely easier to code. Unity C# is much more forgiving then using Unreals C++ or Blueprint systems.

In the end it's really up to the dev and what kind of game they're making. I use both engines and have no hate for either one.
Oh, I see... Yeah, I am not entirely educated on the game engines, but from what I know about Unity and Unreal, they both seem pretty great overall.
I am happy they end up meeting their purposes, depending on what the dev has in mind. :)

Say, what is your opinion on the Source 2 engine? The one that recently came out with the VR game - HL Alyx. :)

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I would really want to make something that takes the best parts of space engineers, Minecraft. Factorio and stationeers. I love engineering games that make you manage resources and build complicated setups to make stuff. Factorio is great, but having an open world exploration and survival element is nice. Stationeers is great for making you survive, but it's not great for making you go out and explore. Space engineers is all about building ships to explore space, but there isn't much complexity to what you build and survival is easy.

Other than that, making some kind of puzzle game would be cool.

Reactions: lostangel and Deleted member 19276
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
something like OFF. RPG, really kind of fucks with your head, but something with a lot of different meanings too.

Reactions: lostangel, ocd is bad and Deleted member 19276
A Retarded Demon

A Retarded Demon

Gib Pancakes Plz
Jul 9, 2020
Likely a Horror Game

• Hugs
Reactions: lostangel, Deleted member 19276 and ocd is bad
Mr.Mediocre

Mr.Mediocre

Jun 25, 2020
A psychological thriller set inside a locked room. You play as a schizophrenic man on the verge of insanity, desperately fighting off his suicidal urges. You are visited by various hallucinated entities of strange and grotesque nature, that can only be controlled through the consumption of various pills within the drawers of your nightstand.

Your insanity meter slowly climbs, first its the voices, then the entities, your phone is dead and the charger no where to be found. You only have a limited number of pills to regain temporary control. If you can't find help in time, you are convinced to begin experimenting with the 12 gauge you inherited from your grandfather, and not long after you pull the trigger.

Reactions: lostangel, Deleted member 19276 and ocd is bad
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I'm currently making a basic platformer based on the game I saw her standing there

• Hugs
Reactions: lostangel and Deleted member 19276
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I would create a game where pro-choicers are the heroes and protagonists while the masses of pro-lifers (anti-choicers and forced lifers) are the antagonists and that the heroes would either change them through peaceful means, or wage war (through force) and revolution in order to change society to become more pro-choice. The ending (assuming one wins) would be the group of pro-choicers end up ruling over a said country/society and that everyone (at the end) is satisfied sans the dirty pro-lifers/anti-choicers.

• Love
Reactions: lostangel
Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
An open world like Far Cry, RDR2 or BOTW. I love exploration and action.

I've always wanted to make games but I can never learn programming or coding or that kinda stuff

CalmStrikeofMercy

CalmStrikeofMercy

Detatched Observer.
Dec 8, 2019
How to peacefully co-exist with other people and teach problem solving skills and how to navigate their society without using violence.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019

I'm gonna try to get into college for either computer science or game design and learn to code. I just have to find a good one and I think I have