EmptyTrashCan

EmptyTrashCan

Oh to watch a Sunset and dance in the Moonlight.
Aug 9, 2020
This was a quote by Osamu Dazai, my favourite Japanese novelist.
And I'd really want to know about some opinions of this quote related to our common world, where dead is just thrown away and ignored as much as possible, because of its unpleasant characteristics.
The thing is that, I find it annoying how we are basically obligated to live. It is true that in some cases there are better options and suicide its not there but things arent like that always. In the majority of cases, our lifes are just waiting for an unavoidable death. We are seeking it, and we shouldn't be obligated to live a life that has lost all value.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, disabledandhopeless, AmDead and 15 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Society doesn't want to grant us that level of self authority. Really look at society and ask yourself how much freedom we really have. There are lot of rights and freedoms we should have in life that simply will never exist in structured society.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, flatearth, Jack4230 and 11 others
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Hey. You are absolutely right! That's the thing that most people appear to be too ignorant and stupid to understand. We're forced into existence(setting aside philosophic possibilities...), so don't we have a right to end it? Yes we do. It's not just my opinion, it's fact. The people that say you have to live for your family(parents, siblings, etc....it's more complicated if you're a parent) are annoying enough. It's even worse when they call you cowardly and weak, then they go on to say that you "owe" society. Like, for f sakes, how stupid can someone be to believe that? We don't owe anyone for existing.

Long story short, we absolutely have every right to end our lives(as I said, being a parent is a more complicated issue here). Sadly, wherever you go, you'll always find those idiots that try to belittle you and manipulate+guilt you into living. Sadly, when you have mouth breathers like that dominating the world, not only in numbers, but also in high places, it really f's it up for people like us.
Do you guys agree with my statements?

Edit: @RoseyBird made really good points. We're basically wage slaves for corporations. The world sucks enough already, but working shit jobs to get money to just 'exist' is bullshit, all the while you've got rich ass millionaires/billionaires sitting on their asses.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, darkghost, Eternity04 and 8 others
EmptyTrashCan

EmptyTrashCan

Aug 9, 2020
Society doesn't want to grant us that level of self authority. Really look at society and ask yourself how much freedom we really have. There are lot of rights and freedoms we should have in life that simply will never exist in structured society.
That's true, how awful and overwhelming. Ages before, people were more jugdamental, but now society has become a discret definition of a mental prision...
Hey. You are absolutely right! That's the thing that most people appear to be too ignorant and stupid to understand. We're forced into existence(setting aside philosophic possibilities...), so don't we have a right to end it? Yes we do. It's not just my opinion, it's fact. The people that say you have to live for your family(parents, siblings, etc....it's more complicated if you're a parent) are annoying enough. It's even worse when they call you cowardly and weak, then they go on to say that you "owe" society. Like, for f sakes, how stupid can someone be to believe that? We don't owe anyone for existing.

Long story short, we absolutely have every right to end our lives(as I said, being a parent is a more complicated issue here). Sadly, wherever you go, you'll always find those idiots that try to belittle you and manipulate+guilt you into living. Sadly, when you have mouth breathers like that dominating the world, not only in numbers, but also in high places, it really f's it up for people like us.
Do you guys agree with my statements?

Edit: @RoseyBird made really good points. We're basically wage slaves for corporations. The world sucks enough already, but working shit jobs to get money to just 'exist' is bullshit, all the while you've got rich ass millionaires/billionaires sitting on their asses.
Completely agreed!
It's absurd the idea of thinking that a being ownes others their lives and everything to the point of prolonging a life of suffering.
And as you said, parents have this even worse, that's one of the reasons I really don't want kids, I love them but I don't want to dissapear and abandon those beings that didn't even choose to live in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Lame Old Duke, foxdie and 2 others
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
That's true, how awful and overwhelming. Ages before, people were more jugdamental, but now society has become a discret definition of a mental prision...

Completely agreed!
It's absurd the idea of thinking that a being ownes others their lives and everything to the point of prolonging a life of suffering.
And as you said, parents have this even worse, that's one of the reasons I really don't want kids, I love them but I don't want to dissapear and abandon those beings that didn't even choose to live in the first place.

Exactly. I don't like the idea of bringing kids into this world in general though. Especially considering the possibility of disease and health problems that you could pass on(I have genetic health issues. My siblings do too, and I bet my siblings will have kids and pass them on). I just think this world blows, you know?

Last edited:
Reactions: EmptyTrashCan, foxdie and Ghost2211
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
people can exploit you so much more if you're alive. that's what society is based on - exploiting and manipulating people until they have no more use, and then, and only then, can they die. society thinks it's entitled to human life when in reality it doesn't give a damn about any lives besides the billionaires and politicians' lives.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, flatearth, EmptyTrashCan and 5 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I think the reason could even be evolutionary. Like society, or humans collectively, don't want to encourage freedom of choice in life and death because it undermines it's survivability. I don't know, maybe people are scared too many of us would die for them to take the chance. No one asks to be here though so it's still shitty

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Jack4230, EmptyTrashCan and 1 other person
L

Lame Old Duke

May 17, 2020
While we are alive we are all contributing members of society. My Nan was a prime example through ill health and old age she needed to go into a care home. Now before she went in she was comfortably well off. Six years later she had used up all her money paying for that care home. A little over seven-eight weeks later she died.

That care home kept my Nan alive long enough to get all her money. Me I work a minimum wage job while my boss sits on his arse in his million pound house charging over £25 an hour for me. That's society keep you down and use you until you have nothing left.

Reactions: EmptyTrashCan and theguineapigking
EmptyTrashCan

EmptyTrashCan

Aug 9, 2020
I think the reason could even be evolutionary. Like society, or humans collectively, don't want to encourage freedom of choice in life and death because it undermines it's survivability. I don't know, maybe people are scared too many of us would die for them to take the chance. No one asks to be here though so it's still shitty
I like seeing the science (in this case biology & psicology) explaining these kind of things, because it's the only neutral way to explain anything. At least in science manipulation IS seen as something disgusting and that's why most politians or these people in charge of manupulating and exploiting wouldn't get these positions. And yeah you're right, survivability it's primitive and we will still always try to head that way, at least most of people.

Reactions: foxdie
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
It's all about money, it's hard to tax a dead person.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and flatearth
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I've said this before but nobody really cares about us living or dying in the context if rights. People can't empathize with suicide. All that's left after suicide is people sad that someone died. The person that died cannot share their feelings of happiness over their death, and empathy isn't really powerful enough for people to overlook death and focus on how someone is free from suffering. Society will always see suicide ans tragic and selfish.

Reactions: AmDead, EmptyTrashCan and Jack4230
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is indeed a straight, direct, and powerful quote. It really makes logical sense and I hope more people embrace the idea that life isn't all sunshines and rainbows. Even if things "may/can" get better, it may not be worth the effort and resources to do so; it's up to each individual to decide whether to continue fighting for (maybe) a better future, or just find peace.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, EmptyTrashCan, Ybother and 1 other person