...Would you want said media suppressed?

• Yes, I would want the media censored; violent art is a more acceptable casualty than human lives.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, intellectual freedom and freedom of speech is more important than public safety.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No, not at 0.010%. But if the percentage crept higher, I might reconsider.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Undecided/something else

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
One out of ten thousand people exposed to violent videos games, slasher movies, splatterpunk lit and the like either try to kill people or successfully pull it off. Somehow we know for sure it's the media itself that has such a powerful influence and the only way to stop it is to ban any media with Saw-level violence or beyond. (Yes, exactly quantifying this is a whole other can of worms, but is beside the point.) Would it be worth the cost to art and freedom to live in a much safer world? Or should we just give up and live in slasher hell, constantly watching our backs and worrying about turning homicidal ourselves? After all, the human will to make violent art may be insuppressable.

Admittedly, I am thinking about this in relation to the concerns for child safety that will always shadow a site like this. And I wonder how various types of pro-lifers would respond to this question...