Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
This life is pointless and random. Why would the afterlife be any better?

• Hugs
Reactions: 7b48hl, demuic, fatefulstillness and 1 other person
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
maybe the after life would be a more loving and peaceful place with less bullshit to deal.

Reactions: Mich517
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Reactions: 7b48hl and demuic
DontplayGod

DontplayGod

She/her
Feb 6, 2022
It would not be desirable. If it were to be desirable everyone would need to like it and for everyone to like it is impossible without taking away agency. Agency is a very valued fundamental law so I don't think much people would be happy to have their individuality stripped away at the gates to heaven. So no it is not desirable, and even if it is it's not

Reactions: 7b48hl and demuic
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
There is no indication that it would be "any better", but you've got to take into account that most people like being alive.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
From seeing a lot of near death experience videos it seems that in most cases the afterlife is a lot better, but not always- since some of these seem to contradict each other it's not cloear what happens, but there is hope that it could be a lot better.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
but there is hope that it could be a lot better.
That's a good point - we don't really know anything, so we can hope that it's better - after all, why not?

Reactions: Someone123
G

gracefulexit

Dec 14, 2019
As long as there's no such things as a government and money, I wouldn't care. Our problem is the government/money. Government allows people to kill you mentally and emotionally. Emotionally murder is just as bad or worse than physical murder. Narcissistic, pychopath, social path, cheaters, users are all criminals but the government let them get away with it. If there was no government/ law, I would be able to take care of those people

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not believe in the afterlife personally, and I do not want any afterlife. I believe that there is nothing good about any kind of life, I just prefer the sound of nonexistence. I do not want to experience anything ever again.

Reactions: demuic
NaturalBornNEET

NaturalBornNEET

Feb 22, 2022
the thing about the afterlife is, I assume, its ETERNAL. Really think about that, the concept of being conscious for ETERNITY, never ending, I've had times where I think about eternity to the point I induce anxiety and emotional panic in myself, it's horrifying to me. So for me any eternal afterlife would have to be completely perfect, never ceasing bliss.

And if we take this concept of an eternal afterlife and apply it to hell, eternal torture.....

I just hope there is no afterlife, I dont want to be conscious anymore.

Reactions: Neneko Izumozaki
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
An afterlife is just wishful thinking. If there was one the way most people imagine it, and there is no reason to believe there is, there is no reason to think it would be any better than this current "life." Think of the average lives of most lifeforms just on this planet, most spend most of the time suffering immensely or in agony, being eaten alive, starving, stepped on, etc. To even consider anything like unending bliss is beyond the realm of anything worth considering because it is basically just magic at that point. In general, anything regarding "spirituality" can just be boiled down to wishful thinking or being fooled by chemical or physical processes.

Then why didn't we start there?
A very good question. Which to me just demonstrates how much the idea of an afterlife is contingent on the beliefs of certain religions regarding judgement, punishments, and rewards, the very specific idea that we are just in this world as some test, to eventually "graduate" to somewhere else as a result of certain actions or inactions. Some people do bring up the question "what if this is 'hell'?" which is slightly more interesting or relevant to me than imagining an impossible magical eternal bliss land.

Reactions: Weebster
C

CreatifUsrnam

Mar 22, 2022
Immortality in any form sounds horrifying. If you don't like the afterlife, good luck spending eternity there. If you do like it, you probably will not like it forever, a few centuries or millennia later you will probably get sick of being in the afterlife, good luck spending eternity there.

Reactions: height jumper 69
Trilucid

Trilucid

May 25, 2022
This life is pointless and random. Why would the afterlife be any better?
You spoke the truth about it being pointless my guy!
Rebirth, afterlife, heaven... Hell...
I think what I would like to believe at times the most is death itself. That is all.

Reactions: Disappointered
D

deformedface

Jun 26, 2022
I don't want an afterlife I just want my consciousness to be deleted. That way I can't feel anything ever

Reactions: Disappointered, Neneko Izumozaki and VirtualSnow