Student
Oct 29, 2018
Do you think suicides would increase?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, About_to_Go, rabid_squirrel and 3 others
C

Cody111

Student
Nov 16, 2018
It would change my view of society, because i would no longer be a participant.

There is currently a debate in my state about euthanasia laws and its likely they will impliment them in the coming years.
This will however be based off the Origin model which is only for terminally ill with life expectancy below an arbitrary number.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, About_to_Go, rabid_squirrel and 4 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
In Oregon, were euthanasia is legal for the dying, 75% of the people didn't take the Nembutal but almost all of them said that it gave them comfort knowing that the option was avalible. I personally believe that having the option of death for people like us may decrease the rate of suicides. Not for me personally but for many.

If we had a hypothetical system were people like us had to go though 3 or even 6 months of therapy before being offered Nembutal, many would turn it down and there would be a decrease in painful suicides.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, About_to_Go, lv-gras and 5 others
C

Cody111

Student
Nov 16, 2018
If you look at reports from nederlands, they say the rate of suicide has not increased since the legalization of assisted dying or whateverr term they use, it has remained steady. The only thing that changed is the that there is now a more peaceful option.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, About_to_Go, lv-gras and 3 others