N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think the feeling to know what it feels like to be severly suicidal can unite people. Of course there are also culture wars in this forum. But I think less than in other places of the internet. I sometimes imagine what it would be like if the members of this forum would be diplomats for their nation in the UN (United Nations). Me as the German with the most posts could represent Germany. ( I think I am the German with the most posts but not fully sure.) The Americans would be kind of overrepresented.
I think people who share the feeling of extreme pain and torment can relate to each other. It can strengthen their cohesion. Though this can sometimes result in group think. Sometimes people who suffer a lot develop a special kind of deep empathy. But on the other hand this can turn people into resentful and bitter people. Sometimes even both at the same time despite the fact this sounds paradoxically.

Do you think we could have a more peaceful way to treat each other if we (suicidal people) were responsible? I think that many people who are on the edge of suicide don't want to reign the world. Or at least less people than in the neurotypical comparison group. My thought is many of us would be satisfied to live average lives. We don't need to be dictator of the universe to be happy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: katagiri83, Depressed Cat, Nolan96 and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
no there wasn't, just peace love and understanding,

Reactions: Depressed Cat
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I think people who share the feeling of extreme pain and torment can relate to each other. It can strengthen their cohesion. Though this can sometimes result in group think. Sometimes people who suffer a lot develop a special kind of deep empathy. But on the other hand this can turn people into resentful and bitter people. Sometimes even both at the same time despite the fact this sounds paradoxically.

Dude, we're every bit as horrible as normies... :))

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Silenos, katagiri83 and 10 others
Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
Would be an interesting war if participants were just turning guns on themselves though.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Silenos, Depressed Cat and 4 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
No Greta tundberg please
How Dare You Greta GIF

Reactions: Depressed Cat and WrongPlaceWrongTime
DisillusionedDragon

DisillusionedDragon

Pessimist/Antinatalist
Nov 25, 2020
I don't agree. I think many of us have had to deal with immense amounts of suffering, often by the hands of others. Such things change ones perspective and actions.
I also think that generally more empathetic, kind, caring, intelligent, "different" people are more prone to "depression" and suicide and overrepresented in such groups.
I am not saying that that is true for all suicidal people, or all people here, there are definitely awful people here, they are everywhere. Over the years I just got the feeling that many people in communities like this are often times better people than the average normie.

Though I accept that viewpoint may be biased. But I doubt we can conduct scientific studies on this subject.​

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat, LastFlowers and noname223
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I kind of doubt that, don't you think some of us would be even more likely to be itching to push the big red button that would end it all? At least I know I would…

And of course there are some of us who see all forms of life as inherently suffering anyway so it's not much of a stretch to let total annihilation be considered a form of mercy as well.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Depressed Cat, empty sighs and 4 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I don't agree. I think many of us have had to deal with immense amounts of suffering, often by the hands of others. Such things change ones perspective and actions.
I also think that generally more empathetic, kind, caring, intelligent, "different" people are more prone to "depression" and suicide and overrepresented in such groups.
I am not saying that that is true for all suicidal people, or all people here, there are definitely awful people here, they are everywhere. Over the years I just got the feeling that many people in communities like this are often times better people than the average normie.

Though I accept that viewpoint may be biased. But I doubt we can conduct scientific studies on this subject.​
Really don't buy much of this tbh, in fact this is part of a fallacy which hums in the background of this website, around the notion of suicidality being a superior trait because we're super-sensitive empaths, or excessively insightful big-brains who've seen the world for what it is, or half-baked basement philosophers who have uncovered a truth lesser people lack the intellect to grasp, etc etc. It's a self-soothe and a phoney one imo, and as you observe, you don't have to delve too deeply into this website to find someone you really dislike.

The overuse of the word "normies", a favoured word of egg-breathed skyrim nerds with food in their unkempt beards as they seek to claim a veneer of superiority over those who have somehow managed to master two key social skills and learn one good joke, on this website is a further example of this phoney superiority of the suicidal which is not based in reality.

Reactions: D&D, Oblivion Access, WhiteRabbit and 3 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Really don't buy much of this tbh, in fact this is part of a fallacy which hums in the background of this website, around the notion of suicidality being a superior trait because we're super-sensitive empaths, or excessively insightful big-brains who've seen the world for what it is, or half-baked basement philosophers who have uncovered a truth lesser people lack the intellect to grasp, etc etc. It's a self-soothe and a phoney one imo, and as you observe, you don't have to delve too deeply into this website to find someone you really dislike.

The overuse of the word "normies", a favoured word of egg-breathed skyrim nerds with food in their unkempt beards as they seek to claim a veneer of superiority over those who have somehow managed to master two key social skills and learn one good joke, on this website is a further example of this phoney superiority of the suicidal which is not based in reality.
I agree to some things you have said. I am ambivalent on that. More than my initial post in this thread. I think being suicidal can make you pretty bitter, resentful and kind of narcisisstic.
I am not sure whether people who suffer a lot get a certain wisdom from it. I think many grow faster mature by learning that life can be pretty tough. On the other side people can become kind of dependent on other people if they are that vulnerable.

As I said people are not really black or white. I think for example David Foster Wallace could express unbelievable insides in how it feels to be severly suicidal and depressed. He could really make you feel like if you was in his skin. He was oversensitive and often very self-conscious on a very unhealthy level. I think his illness played a role in his skills to write stories that really could comfort you. You feel a lot of understanding and compassion in his work. (Similar to the songs of Chester Bennington. He claimed due to his mental torment he developed this kind of special empathy and in my opinion you feel that when you are listening to his songs.)
On the other side when we believe some people who knew DFW personally: He was kind of abusive to his partners and acted sometimes like a psychopath. You can have a lot of empathy and still act like a dick. Sometimes especially people who suffer a lot compensate that by treating other people in a negative way.

Not sure if the term normie is used to emphasize our superiority to them. I rather have the feeling many people in this forum have the feeling of inferiority to the so called "normies". I rather think many would like to be one of the "normies". Having a gf, a normal job and not daily suicidality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oblivion Access
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Not sure if the term normie is used to emphasize our superiority to them. I rather have the feeling many people in this forum have the feeling of inferiority to the so called "normies". I rather think many would like to be one of the "normies". Having a gf, a normal job and not daily suicidality.
I've only seen it used contemptuously and with tedious repetition, even though it's essentially a meaningless term these days and at least 20% of the people who use this word will go on to be bank managers.

Reactions: WhiteRabbit
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I think there's a greater proportion of empathetic people around here than average, but also a greater proportion of people who would set the world on fire if they could.
I do think suffering can bring deeper wisdom and understanding, but it doesn't erase all the problems or conflicts of interest in the world.
If anything it might cause people to approach these problems in a more puritanical and unhinged way.

Anyway, I've been laughed at and had snarl-words thrown at me for expressing my experiences and point of view in a respectful way on this site. So it's clearly not a haven of decency.

Reactions: justsayin, Oblivion Access, waitingforrest and 1 other person
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I've only seen it used contemptuously and with tedious repetition, even though it's essentially a meaningless term these days and at least 20% of the people who use this word will go on to be bank managers.
When one is met with contempt enough times in their life, you can hardly blame them for giving back a mere fraction of what they've always had handed to them on a shit-stained platter.

A lot of what you mentioned about the supposed stereotypical person who uses the term "normie" ad nauseam, could similarly be applied to certain netizens who are markedly and repeatedly assuming/presumptuous & contrarian…

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and Ringo
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
A lot of what you mentioned about the supposed stereotypical person who uses the term "normie" ad nauseam, could similarly be applied to certain netizens who are markedly and repeatedly assuming/presumptuous & contrarian…
Don't be shy pal, if there's something specific on your mind please feel free to get it off your chest rather than skirt around the issue, this is a safe haven and everyone here has advanced-level empathy and a hugs surplus, this is what separates us from the lamentable normies who are yet to realise how great suicidality is.

• Yay!
Reactions: katagiri83, WhiteRabbit and AnestheticVoid
AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
Don't be shy pal, if there's something specific on your mind please feel free to get it off your chest rather than skirt around the issue, this is a safe haven and everyone here has advanced-level empathy and a hugs surplus, this is what separates us from the lamentable normies who are yet to realise how great suicidality is.
LmpwZw

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I'm nice.

• Yay!
Reactions: D&D, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 1 other person
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Depressed Cat, empty sighs and 3 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Now that you mention it, if my country is liberated and I am still alive, I will definitely run as a presidential candidate.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
I disagree.

There are different kinds of suicidal people, even if it's just mental (& not physical) illness we're talking about.

Not all mentally ill people would behave in the same manner when put in a position of power. Sure, some might still be very empathetic and understanding and some might strive to avoid violence at all costs, but others would craze out and may act even worse than the supposed "normies".

Take Joe Biden. It is evident to anyone who observes, listens or even cares to notice that Biden is mentally ill. It's not depression or bipolar or anything like that, but age-related dementia. He is suffering from rapidly advancing dementia and serious cognitive decline. The media are deliberately covering it up and presenting him as a "normie", but he is not. Just watch any live, unedited video where he speaks impromptu or replies to questions and this becomes glaringly evident.

Or take Vladimir Putin. The bloodthirsty dictator has been in power for so long and has crushed challenges to his absolute control so brutally that he believes he has become invincible. Megalomania is a mental illness in itself, but a megalomaniac who believes he has acquired invincibility is another level of mental derangement altogether. All it would take is one bullet, one single bullet to his botox-bloated head that can cure this kind of mental illness and save thousands of lives and avoid the indescribable human misery and suffering the evil bastard is bent upon causing. There are reports of how and why he has become so unhinged in recent times. Adolf Hitler was reported to have become similarly deranged during WW II.

Or take Emmanuel Macron and Olaf Scholz. These two are supposedly "normies" but they are deluded, and big time! Anyone who believes they can appease a bloodthirsty genocidal tyrant as a path to peace is seriously deluded. Olaf Scholz and Emmanuel Macron will go down in history as the modern day Neville Chamberlains who suffer from the delusion that appeasement works.

TL;DR

Suicidality is not a specific trait, it is a symptom of a wide variety of mental (& physical) illnesses. Just as there are all kinds of "normies", there are also all kinds of suicidal people who would behave differently on achieving power. Putting suicidal people in positions of deciding the world's future won't necessarily lead to world peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Anyway, I've been laughed at and had snarl-words thrown at me for expressing my experiences and point of view in a respectful way on this site. So it's clearly not a haven of decency.
You haven't though, you replied to someone's thread about triggering posts with a derailing post about how this was the fault of "the left" for being too vocal in their challenging of triggering content in general, this was an absolutely bizarre take and was in itself disrespectful, given how it had nothing to do with the op and only served to inanely derail.

I can see why you'd be butthurt about having an objectively risible opinion questioned but the fact you're going to continue to go from thread to thread claiming phoney victimhood in this way by totally misrepresenting your own output and the subsequent replies to it is imo a sound example of the decency deficiency you complain about.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
You haven't though, you replied to someone's thread about triggering posts with a derailing post about how this was the fault of "the left" for being too vocal in their challenging of triggering content in general, this was an absolutely bizarre take and was in itself disrespectful, given how it had nothing to do with the op and only served to inanely derail.

I can see why you'd be butthurt about having an objectively risible opinion questioned but the fact you're going to continue to go from thread to thread claiming phoney victimhood in this way by totally misrepresenting your own output and the subsequent replies to it is imo a sound example of the decency deficiency you complain about.
I'm skipping over the part where you just misrepresented what I said because I'm not interested in rehashing the original subject.

What I'll say is that just because you disagree with something does not mean it's "derailing", "bizarre", "inane", or merits laughing at someone and name-calling. Learn to act like a civilized human being with someone outside your bubble.

I was expressing my observations and personal experience relating to the subject of the thread in a respectful way.

I'm not discussing this any further with you.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I'm not discussing this any further with you.
You wouldn't be discussing it with me *at all* had you not continued this really uncomfortable narrative of how three users disagreeing with the unserious and illogical political derailment post you made as being bullying or cruelty in some way, it's queasy and it's fake, stop doing it imo.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
You wouldn't be discussing it with me *at all* had you not continued this really uncomfortable narrative of how three users disagreeing with the unserious and illogical political derailment post you made as being bullying or cruelty in some way, it's queasy and it's fake, stop doing it imo.
"uncomfortable narrative"
"unserious"
"illogical"
etc.

I don't care about this laundry list of condescending adjectives.

Your claim to objective truth and divine reason does not make it okay to ridicule people for respectfully expressing different points of view.
Have a good day Chinaski.

Reactions: LastFlowers
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
"uncomfortable narrative"
"unserious"
"illogical"
etc.

I don't care about this laundry list of condescending adjectives.

Your claim to objective truth and divine reason does not make it okay to ridicule people for respectfully expressing different points of view.
Have a good day Chinaski.
I'm ridiculing you *now*, certainly - because you persistently and repeatedly present yourself as some kind of victim of the worst kind of awful bullying on this website when this literally did not take place, this is nauseatingly manipulative cry-bully conduct and thoroughly warrants ridicule.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I'm ridiculing you *now*, certainly - because you persistently and repeatedly present yourself as some kind of victim of the worst kind of awful bullying on this website when this literally did not take place, this is nauseatingly manipulative cry-bully conduct and thoroughly warrants ridicule.
Keep on gaslighting, Chinaski.

Reactions: LastFlowers