bornintoagrave

bornintoagrave

Nov 17, 2020
Just out of curiosity, how many of you could be persuaded by just one person if they asked you to stay?

Personally, I can think of one, maybe two, who if they asked me sincerely, and could convince me that they would suffer greatly as a result, could probably persuade me to re-think. I know that will never happen, mostly just because I've learned to keep quiet and not burden others with my problems, but also because those people hate me.

What does it mean if your answer is not 'zero'?

Are we all hoping that someone we love will talk us off the ledge? And not just talk, but guide us off to a better place.

Is it ever fair to ask someone to not do it?

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, nohopeforethefuture, ecmnesia and 3 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
No. At the end of the day, no one in my life has to experience my pain through my unique individual lens. If I die, people close to me will experience profound grief, anguish, and sorrow, but it will be their grief, anguish, and sorrow, not the inescapable, deeply-rooted pain I live with everyday due to mental illnesses and lifelong trauma.

I'm not hoping anyone will talk me off the ledge; I'm keeping my mouth shut for as long as possible to avoid rousing suspicion.

• Love
Reactions: OminousVaL, botanormal, stygal and 2 others
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Just out of curiosity, how many of you could be persuaded by just one person if they asked you to stay?

Personally,....

Just out of curiosity what is your motive here? Giving you the benefit of the doubt so please do mess this up.

Reactions: StuFin and muffin222
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
Have you ever been brown and eaten out of a garbage can ?
Why ?
Zero can be an honest assessment.
We usage tends to lead to mind fuckery.
I think fair loses

I get the point i do.
I crusty and hostile today.
Fuck everyone.

Reactions: botanormal
bornintoagrave

bornintoagrave

Nov 17, 2020
Just out of curiosity what is your motive here? Giving you the benefit of the doubt so please do mess this up.
Why so hostile? As I said earlier I ask questions because I'm a curious person. This is a discussion board after all. So that's what I'm doing. Discussing. If you don't want to talk about it, move on to something else. Don't be mean to me. I've done nothing wrong to you.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, clocktower, botanormal and 4 others
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I don't believe anyone would ask me sincerely, they'd only be doing it because dissuading suicide is a social norm

If someone asked me sincerely I'd consider it

• Hugs
Reactions: nohopeforethefuture, botanormal, OminousVaL and 1 other person
OminousVaL

OminousVaL

VaL
Jul 31, 2020
My answer would vary depending on what point in my life you'd ask this question but currently since I am trying to get better a genuine conversation might go a long way for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: nohopeforethefuture and botanormal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
No. At the end of the day, no one in my life has to experience my pain through my unique individual lens. If I die, people close to me will experience profound grief, anguish, and sorrow, but it will be their grief, anguish, and sorrow, not the inescapable, deeply-rooted pain I live with everyday due to mental illnesses and lifelong trauma.

I'm not hoping anyone will talk me off the ledge; I'm keeping my mouth shut for as long as possible to avoid rousing suspicion.

Yes. This is exactly how I feel about the whole topic. Very well written, Muffin!

• Love
Reactions: DocNo, muffin222 and botanormal
M

Marauder

why keep existing when you´re no living?
Sep 9, 2020

Personally, I can think of one, maybe two, who if they asked me sincerely, and could convince me that they would suffer greatly as a result, could probably persuade me to re-think. I know that will never happen, mostly just because I've learned to keep quiet and not burden others with my problems, but also because those people hate me.

What does it mean if your answer is not 'zero'?

Are we all hoping that someone we love will talk us off the ledge? And not just talk, but guide us off to a better place.

Is it ever fair to ask someone to not do it?
Four years ago probably yes. But at the moment I no longer see a point in living for others

Reactions: botanormal
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I was so close earlier this year. Had everything planned an ready, down to which song I was going to have on repeat when I did it (gun). My ex wound up coming to visit me 2 days early and completely changed things for me. She didn't know what I was planning at the time (although I eventually told her).

I'm ok with how things turned out. I was going to ctb back then as a reaction to my situation. I feel my reason to take the trip now is more proactive - more about control over when I die and how I'm remembered. I got to do and experience some things I wouldn't otherwise have had the chance to.

Reactions: Marauder