F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I have to initially say that I haven't had too many dealings with the mental health service. What I've heard here has really shocked me though. I'm sure I've read multiple times now that- when people have alluded to suicide, their therapists have dropped them- sometimes- even without a referral.

Now, I'm not totally blaming these health 'professionals' for this. Perhaps they genuinely think that they don't have the skills to treat such servere cases- in which case- they ought to at least refer the patient somewhere else. Still- it REALLY strikes me that they just don't want the responsibility of someone dying on them- or- perhaps being blamed by family members/ litigation. I guess that's understandable but- where does it leave people who actually DO want help?!!

Just imagine it was physical illness with a regular doctor. Hmmm- well- it looks like you might actually die from this so- we're going to stop treatment because we don't want you dying on our watch...

It just makes me angry that suicidal people are pushed towards getting 'help' and sometimes this just seems to end up in the extremes- they can be committed- which SOMETIMES just makes things worse- or- therapists don't want the responsibility of taking them on in the first place. I don't know. Maybe it is just the minority of cases that go this way but it just doesn't seem right.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: noname223, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, ColorlessTrees and 2 others
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
I just wish all diseases (mental and physical) should be treated the same, and we should all be able to have access to euthanasia. The logic behind why mental illness shouldnt qualify for euthanasia is:
1. people with physical diseases suffer daily because of it (so do i with mental illness and it also manifests on my body and it literally causes pain or discomfort),
2. people with physical diseases are going to die sooner because of the disease (so will i because i cant take care of myself and will probably die from something rather trivial ex. dehydration).
just because you can see the disease it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

also i do think people should try a few different treatments before they decide to make such decision (euthanasia) and thats just my little rant.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep