Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
I see hanging as one of the simplest methods for CTB

You just need a place or point that can bear your full weight, and a rope of the appropriate thickness, a place where no one will find you for a long enough time.
Hanging does not require any preparations as is the case with SN. What is also unique about it is that it is impossible to restrict or prevent it as is the case with other methods.
Furthermore, hanging has a high success rate, almost impossible to fail especially with full hanging, unless you are found and the rope is cut...etc

I think if it were easier and less painful to do hanging, I wouldn't have to suffer from constant anxiety and the desire to end it all before it gets more complicated and restrictive, and I wouldn't have to source other materials. Then it would be the final blow for pro-lifers, and every person on Earth would be able to leave in peace.

Pro-lifers keep restricting everything that is easy and viable in terms of ending life, I'm afraid I won't end my life in the near future until my SN expires and when I want to buy another I find it restricted and finding myself having to resort to painful, non-peaceful methods.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 4everHeartBroken, idontfeellikeimreal, SenseOfLoss and 15 others
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Mage
Jul 29, 2023
It's an ugly thing to think about people killing themselves by such violent means because no one wants to feel blood on their hands they always make it about themselves or their guilt or their ethics and it's so strange to think about.

We all die. We all will die. Nothing can stop that. At least I don't see it happening any time soon it even seems like life expectancy is starting to go down here. It only went down about a year but that's pretty significant.

They expect gen z to live to 100.

I don't get this strange fascination with living forever. The body will still decay over time aging is inevitable. I just don't get it. It boggles my mind.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kvsvenky100, 4everHeartBroken, the_path_of_sorrows and 5 others
MikUma

MikUma

certified red flag
Dec 7, 2023
100% i agree. I'm not at all in any means afraid of death, but I'm afraid of how my body will react and how much pain I'll endure. I don't mean it in the "Oh, I love myself," type of way, but realistically, SI will kick in, and I will still be alive and I will feel the pain. I just want it plain and simple, quick and easy. Hanging? Never worked. I was too afraid. Suffocation? Horrible, I tried it like a decade ago. SI instincts carried it on for me, but still, it wasn't as awesome as just slitting your throat without feeling anything. I think if we felt less, so many people, including me (and probably you if you're here), would already be gone. I wish I just went through with it, no (physical) nerves, no pain.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mostlycloudy, 4everHeartBroken, Daryl72 and 1 other person
E

explorer

Student
Dec 7, 2018
Wish ctb resources like N are freely available. Everyone has a right on their own life. These governments banning things just pretend they care for people but they are intern increasing people's suffering

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Unhumanly., 4everHeartBroken and Unknown21
Y

yearnforanescape

May 13, 2019
I so agree. The lower I feel, the more acceptable hanging feels. But I just can't imagine having my breath cut off until I lose consciousness, or being suspended by my neck.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 4everHeartBroken and Unknown21
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
I so agree. The lower I feel, the more acceptable hanging feels. But I just can't imagine having my breath cut off until I lose consciousness, or being suspended by my neck.

Well if you compress the arteries you can still breathe on your way out of consciousness. Not that this is a terribly pleasant 20 seconds or so, but it is better than the panic of not being able to breathe at least.

Reactions: Marshy63, 4everHeartBroken and deleted442
deleted442

deleted442

Getting closer
Jun 7, 2023
It's coming up to a year since I tried to kill myself. Last year was the charcoal method executed badly obviously. I'm so desperate to die. Hopefully I will finally go through with hanging. Thinking of completing on my birthday which is 25th of this month. I'm so tired of life and it's just torture being forced to live with a brain that wants death so much. 7 seconds of pain is what I have in my mind. I don't know if that's correct?

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 4everHeartBroken, Unknown21 and LoiteringClouds
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
It's coming up to a year since I tried to kill myself. Last year was the charcoal method executed badly obviously. I'm so desperate to die. Hopefully I will finally go through with hanging. Thinking of completing on my birthday which is 25th of this month. I'm so tired of life and it's just torture being forced to live with a brain that wants death so much. 7 seconds of pain is what I have in my mind. I don't know if that's correct?

7 seconds would probably be about the best you could hope for. I would say prepare yourself for maybe 25...longer if you aren't hitting the arteries.

Too bad we can't all just go to the Nembutal vending machine isn't it...

Reactions: 4everHeartBroken and deleted442
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Full-Hanging itself is an effective method, that is hardly painful. You'll pass out within a few seconds due to blood flow being stopped. The other thing is, hanging was and imo still is considered to be a method for criminals and it's not a honorable method to die. Probably subjective here but I wouldn't want to hang myself like a cattle thief is being hanged.

Reactions: ItsBeenTooLong, waiting93, Unknown21 and 2 others
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
Full-Hanging itself is an effective method, that is hardly painful. You'll pass out within a few seconds due to blood flow being stopped. The other thing is, hanging was and imo still is considered to be a method for criminals and it's not a honorable method to die. Probably subjective here but I wouldn't want to hang myself like a cattle thief is being hanged.

With full hanging I think you've got enough pressure to start compressing the trachea and impede breathing. That's quite unpleasant and no guarantee you'll be out as quick as a few seconds.

Reactions: Someone123 and 4everHeartBroken
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
With full hanging I think you've got enough pressure to start compressing the trachea and impede breathing. That's quite unpleasant and no guarantee you'll be out as quick as a few seconds.
True, there's no guarantee you compress the arteries, but there's a guarantee you will die once you kicked the chair away. Judical hangings - whether long drop or short drop - rarely fail.

Reactions: Unknown21
B

blackwave

May 9, 2024
Yeah , it's really unfair that people who really want to die don't have peaceful options to end their lives, person suffers during his cruel life and has to suffer to put the end to this miserable existence. Hanging if done correctly shouldn't be painful as you lose consciousness before you start feel smth , but why is it so difficult to do it in a right way, that's thing makes people to continue their sufferings while looking for other options to ctb

Reactions: mostlycloudy, Unknown21 and fkyou
yellowjester

yellowjester

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
Hanging isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be. If you made it to adulthood, you're guaranteed to have felt a hundred different things more painful and unpleasant than hanging that you probably don't even remember: The annual throat infection, stepping on lego bricks, travel sickness, getting shot in the balls during football practice... I could go on and on.

In ancient times, it was common for Roman generals to leap into their swords after a humiliating defeat, which is, I think we can all agree, far worse than hanging, and none of them ever made a big fuss around it.

Our pathologial fear of pain (which I myself don't claim to be immune to) is, by in large, part of our modern disease -- so is the whole concept of a "peaceful death" -- and shouldn't be used as an objective tool to measure the validity and practicality of a method.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Marshy63, 4everHeartBroken, Unknown21 and 1 other person
rednights

rednights

Jun 5, 2024
Hanging isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be. If you made it to adulthood, you're guaranteed to have felt a hundred different things more painful and unpleasant than hanging that you probably don't even remember: The annual throat infection, stepping on lego bricks, travel sickness, getting shot in the balls during football practice... I could go on and on.

In ancient times, it was common for Roman generals to leap into their swords after a humiliating defeat, which is, I think we can all agree, far worse than hanging, and none of them ever made a big fuss around it.

Our pathologial fear of pain (which I myself don't claim to be immune to) is, by in large, part of our modern disease -- so is the whole concept of a "peaceful death" -- and shouldn't be used as an objective tool to measure the validity and practicality of a method.

I find this perspective helpful.

I agree with the others that certain aspects of hanging scare me. But, I think you have a good point here.

Now that I think about it, even if hanging is uncomfortable or painful, it's less suffering than one would likely incrue in total if they continued. There would certainly be future pain should you continue living. Especially if you're already struggling enough to be on this website, haha.

Would the brief pain of hanging not be worth it to find permanent release? One could make the argument that they would like to be comfortable in their final moments, and I do think we all deserve that luxury. But it is not so easy to find and sometimes we must compromise. I'm with you that perhaps we shouldn't put so much emphasis on it being peaceful, though I certainly understand the desire.

Reactions: Unknown21, Praestat_Mori and yellowjester
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Hanging sounds like such a horrific and risky method to me personally, it's truly so immensely cruel and unacceptable how people have to suffer and struggle to eternally be free from this existence and cannot just have the option to easily free themselves in peace whenever they wish to.

All I wish for is a painless death like never waking again, all I wish for is to simply be unaware for all eternity and I find it hellish how that's too much to ask for in this reality where many humans get so obsessed with prolonging the meaningless suffering of others.

• Hugs
Reactions: mostlycloudy and Unknown21
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019

You just need a place or point that can bear your full weight, and a rope of the appropriate thickness, a place where no one will find you for a long enough time.
Hanging does not require any preparations as is the case with SN. What is also unique about it is that it is impossible to restrict or prevent it as is the case with other methods.
Furthermore, hanging has a high success rate, almost impossible to fail especially with full hanging, unless you are found and the rope is cut...etc

I think if it were easier and less painful to do hanging, I wouldn't have to suffer from constant anxiety and the desire to end it all before it gets more complicated and restrictive, and I wouldn't have to source other materials. Then it would be the final blow for pro-lifers, and every person on Earth would be able to leave in peace.

Pro-lifers keep restricting everything that is easy and viable in terms of ending life, I'm afraid I won't end my life in the near future until my SN expires and when I want to buy another I find it restricted and finding myself having to resort to painful, non-peaceful methods.
If you plan correctly,
If you have a good location,
If you have a good rope,
If you have a good slip knot,
It will not be the pain-fest some talk about.

Ask good questions, get good answers.
This is a viable method that can make you pass out in seconds. Time and gravity do the rest.

Reactions: Marshy63, SenseOfLoss, 4everHeartBroken and 3 others
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Full-drop hanging is for some reason ignored on this site, but is by far the best hanging method to give a quick, painless death.

Reactions: violetday
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Full-drop take a lot of resources. It is really left to the executioner. The home version is no-drop.
This is where the slip-knot is crucial. Watch suicide hanging videos. The good setup knocks you out in seconds.
Do not be afraid to watch. These people left a record for us. Watch and learn. Research is important to success.

• Love
Reactions: Marshy63, die_young, SenseOfLoss and 4 others
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Full-drop hanging is for some reason ignored on this site, but is by far the best hanging method to give a quick, painless death.
That is right but who has a place where they can do it with the drop height needed and so on? Don't forget that you also have to calculate the drop height / length of rope and so on. It's pretty difficult to get that right imo.

Reactions: Hollowman and Worndown
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Full-drop take a lot of resources. It is really left to the executioner. The home version is no-drop.
This is where the slip-knot is crucial. Watch suicide hanging videos. The good setup knocks you out in seconds.
Do not be afraid to watch. These people left a record for us. Watch and learn. Research is important to success.
I think most people on this forum have already stepped over their fear of watching such videos.
After all, we're not watching this to kill someone or severely punish them.
We are doing this to leave on our own terms.

If there is anything in this world that can be called your own.
Because it is the conditions of this world that lead us to exhausting research and search for a way out.
That is right but who has a place where they can do it with the drop height needed and so on? Don't forget that you also have to calculate the drop height / length of rope and so on. It's pretty difficult to get that right imo.
There is no need to fall during a complete hanging. You're hanging with all your body weight and you shouldn't break your neck.

This is not the hangman's way, where a fall is needed

Reactions: 4everHeartBroken, Worndown and Praestat_Mori
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
What resources besides a rope and a place to drop from?

D

Daryl72

Student
Mar 12, 2024

If I wasn't so afraid of the pain, I would go this route. I'm stuck for a way to go without pain and suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
There is no need to fall during a complete hanging. You're hanging with all your body weight and you shouldn't break your neck.

This is not the hangman's way, where a fall is needed
Yes, I know. I replied to the post of @LaughingGoat

fkyou

fkyou

Oct 1, 2022
It's a nasty thing to bring someone into life, knowing well you're not leaving them the exit when life for them becomes painful,and you know well,that pain ( social, economical, physical)is a big part of life and the society you allowed to bring them into.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: amatherasu :-), Justnotme and Unknown21
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Hanging should already be completely painless, some even do it to feel high and europphoric. There is a reason it by far the #1 method globally.

People mix up choking hanging and hanging where you stop blood flow into the brain. Massive difference.

Reactions: 4everHeartBroken, waiting93, Worndown and 1 other person
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
I don't find it an honorable death to hang yourself either, and it will shock whoever finds you, but many thanks to the pro-lifers who force some to do the hanging while serial killers die with pentobarbital.
Yeah , it's really unfair that people who really want to die don't have peaceful options to end their lives, person suffers during his cruel life and has to suffer to put the end to this miserable existence. Hanging if done correctly shouldn't be painful as you lose consciousness before you start feel smth , but why is it so difficult to do it in a right way, that's thing makes people to continue their sufferings while looking for other options to ctb
It is so fucking unfair that the last moments of a person's life are pain, fear, and uncertainty as to whether he will die or not.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Davey40210, mostlycloudy, 4everHeartBroken and 5 others
D

Daryl72

Student
Mar 12, 2024
I don't find it an honorable death to hang yourself either, and it will shock whoever finds you, but many thanks to the pro-lifers who force some to do the hanging while serial killers die with pentobarbital.

It is so fucking unfair that the last moments of a person's life are pain, fear, and uncertainty as to whether he will die or not.
This is so true.

Reactions: 4everHeartBroken and Unknown21
H

hadenoughscotland

Jun 13, 2024
If you plan correctly,
If you have a good location,
If you have a good rope,
If you have a good slip knot,
It will not be the pain-fest some talk about.

Ask good questions, get good answers.
This is a viable method that can make you pass out in seconds. Time and gravity do the rest.
How to make knotplesee

Reactions: Worndown
sad_dude

sad_dude

PLS LET ME OUT LET ME OUT AAAAAAAH
Nov 25, 2022
Agree on this (real) I didn't pass out and instead i gasped for air and i'm too much of a coward to endure the pain of hanging :((

pls send help tyia

B

BardBarrie

Specialist
Mar 17, 2024

I *wish* full suspension was hardly painful, but there's always the issue of how long will it actually take before one loses consciousness.

Other issues include whether or not suspension will cause internal painful damage to the spine, or even cause internal decapitation.
One of the issues I face is whether I'm too heavy (220lbs) and if my weight will cause the aforementioned injuries to my spine whilst still conscious.

Ultimately none of us will ever know until the moment we step off that chair. I'm scared man. :/

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Davey40210, mostlycloudy, Unknown21 and 1 other person