E

explsionsinthesky

Jun 30, 2019
i feel trapped all the time because of them. im 18 and i know they will continue to control me for the next 4 years. if things dont get better, if they dont fucking listen to me and stop calling me crazy for having emotions, im done.
funnily my parents recently bought rope - the perfect kind. really strong.
i'd also probably buy some SN.
we'll see. if they keep on coming between my longing for happiness and freedom i am done

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: binturong, Lara Francis and Pupuce
C

Codieb1

Student
Jun 18, 2019
Move out man. It's not gonna get better with them, that's a promise. I know how it is. Get a job and your own place

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Are you in college or university by any chance? If so, then I assume you either have a dorm (single/roommate) or live off campus (like in an apartment) unless you happen to live under their roof. If it is the latter, then there isn't much you can do as long as you are under their roof and under their control. If you are using a rope, I would suggest finding a sturdy beam or structure to tie the rope to. This is because you don't want the structure to break while you are in mid attempt as that would result in a failed attempt, possibly with brain damage, thus making your life even worse than before.

Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
My mother is exactly like that too - controlling in every aspect of my life. She once literally told me that I'm hers, like a thing, to do as she pleases with. And she smiled while saying it she wasn't screaming or being mad she said it in a nice way which is way worse because it shows just how much she thinks it's normal what she believes in, how she thinks it's ok to control your child life as if they are your toys to play with. It's a part why I want to die too. Because I know I could just leave and stop all connections with her but I need her help, and the only help she will give me will be to achieve the life she wants from me, not the life I want.

E

explsionsinthesky

Jun 30, 2019
Move out man. It's not gonna get better with them, that's a promise. I know how it is. Get a job and your own place
ill be in uni next month, which my parents are paying for.
Are you in college or university by any chance? If so, then I assume you either have a dorm (single/roommate) or live off campus (like in an apartment) unless you happen to live under their roof. If it is the latter, then there isn't much you can do as long as you are under their roof and under their control. If you are using a rope, I would suggest finding a sturdy beam or structure to tie the rope to. This is because you don't want the structure to break while you are in mid attempt as that would result in a failed attempt, possibly with brain damage, thus making your life even worse than before.
ill be in a dorm next month. yeah, im thinking of maybe taking some SN and then try hanging myself (poor roommate who'll find me, or maybe ill go to a motel so no one can even try to stop me because before i do it i want to talk to my bf and tell him good bye.
My mother is exactly like that too - controlling in every aspect of my life. She once literally told me that I'm hers, like a thing, to do as she pleases with. And she smiled while saying it she wasn't screaming or being mad she said it in a nice way which is way worse because it shows just how much she thinks it's normal what she believes in, how she thinks it's ok to control your child life as if they are your toys to play with. It's a part why I want to die too. Because I know I could just leave and stop all connections with her but I need her help, and the only help she will give me will be to achieve the life she wants from me, not the life I want.
oh man, that's horrible. i know how you feel, and tbh a lot of people dont understand - theyre all like, just move out or go no contact, get a job but it isn't that easy. it isn't that easy to completely shut off our parents suddenly like that'll be any easier especially when we need their support - obviously not emotional but financial. it fucking sucks when that financial support is only conditional on what they want for us not what we want for ourselves but..i guess its better than none at all. i looked at options of just not getting any support from them but loans are fucking stupid bc i dont qualify for them and private loans are horrible and i still dont even qualify so its either just stay in my parents' control or end up on the streets because ill be kicked out if i dont go to college and i dont have friends. but hang in there, im giving it another chance and i hope you do too.

I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Elementalist
Sep 15, 2018
Just run away from home. Dont have to kill yourself