Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
If I proceed with the train method and the train is moving at a slow speed, will I die instantly or will I feel a lot of pain for a short while before I perish?

kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
It's more likely the adrenaline will have more time to get to your brain and you'll just pussy out. How low are we talking?

Reactions: Sylveon
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If you are able to place your neck onto the rails the speed of the train isn't important. The wheel will decapitate you. Otherwise I would say the faster a train is the better it is.

I don't think that train is a good method after all bc it traumatizes the driver, affects many innocent people and in the worst case you end up severely injured with lost limbs.

• Informative
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, dhaak, Sylveon and 2 others
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
It's more likely the adrenaline will have more time to get to your brain and you'll just pussy out. How low are we talking?
I can't really tell (I'm absolutely terrible at this stuff), but it's about as fast as a train that is about to stop at or has just left the station (we're talking around a kilometer from the station's "edge").

And I actually did go near the tracks once. Just as I was about to climb over the fence (I say fence, but it was a wall), I saw a train pass by and chickened out like I was never suicidal to begin with lmao.

Really, knowing me, I'm 99% sure I'd bail out if I tried again, but I figured I'd ask if I really do have to resort to this.

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
If I proceed with the train method and the train is moving at a slow speed, will I die instantly or will I feel a lot of pain for a short while before I perish?

I can only echo what @Praestat_Mori said.

Reactions: Sylveon and Praestat_Mori
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
If you are able to place your neck onto the rails the speed of the train isn't important. The wheel will decapitate you. Otherwise I would say the faster a train is the better it is.

I don't think that train is a good method after all bc it traumatizes the driver, affects many innocent people and in the worst case you end up severely injured with lost limbs.
Don't the trains have those metal bars or plates in front (below those railway copulers, or whatever you call them) that would prevent me from getting into contact with the wheels to begin with?

And yeah, just a couple of months ago, I read about someone getting hit by a train and losing all their limbs, so that doesn't help matters :/; I'm only considering this as one of my last resorts.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Don't the trains have those metal bars or plates in front (below those railway copulers, or whatever you call them) that would prevent me from getting into contact with the wheels to begin with?
Tbh. Idk. I never thought about / investigated the train method. But you could be right that there is some sort of "protection".

Last edited:
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sep 24, 2023

Are you talking about cowcatchers?

That wiki page should help. As you can see, they still exist in some form but tend to be less conspicuous on modern trains. You certainly don't tend to see the classic style in the UK outside of preserved decades-old stream engines.

That said, North American long distance trains often tend to seem quite old school compared to what you find in the UK and the continent.

I'm familiar with the term "cowcatcher" thanks to reading Thomas the Tank Engine books back when I was very young.

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
Are you talking about cowcatchers?

That wiki page should help. As you can see, they still exist in some form but tend to be less conspicuous on modern trains. You certainly don't tend to see the classic style in the UK outside of preserved decades-old stream engines.

That said, North American long distance trains often tend to seem quite old school compared to what you find in the UK and the continent.

I'm familiar with the term "cowcatcher" thanks to reading Thomas the Tank Engine books back when I was very young.
Yup, precisely that.

Although they're nowhere as prominent as they were in old locomotives, I feel like they're still quite significant (at least in the models I've seen).

Images

Reactions: Old Friend
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sep 24, 2023
That India train looks a lot like you get in North America.

In Britain, they tend to look more like this...

You can see it has a similar device at the very bottom but it's far less conspicuous.

Last edited: