F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Assuming that we are destroyed via something that ONLY targets our species (Not AI)- what species do you think would then take over? Would they live in more harmony with nature than we have?

I personally think ANY species would take over given the chance. I'm not so convinced that animals do live in balance by choice- I think there are just more things that keep them in check- limited resources- being eaten by other animals, disease. It's just that we have found ways around all those things.

I wonder if any other animal has the potential to become as advanced (but also destructive) as we have.

I suppose the kind of logical answer would maybe be primates. I don't know though. There are LOTS of animals that are VERY inteligent. Octopus are really intelligent. I quite like the idea of octopus inheriting the earth. 😆

Reactions: Jarni and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I bet cockroaches or fleas or ants. They're bloody everywhere

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
As much as I detest them, rats. Their highly communal nature, ability to subsist off of a wide variety of substances and penchant for getting to places most other creatures cannot means without us present, they would eventually dominate post human.

• Love
Reactions: Jarni and Forever Sleep
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Your mind really goes to interesting places if you need a distraction !

In terms of intelligent life, maybe crows. Octopuses have some lifestyle challenges that would make a takeover very difficult, but I suppose those could be overcome.

• Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Shroomy837
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
most likely none of them will "take over" humanity is unique in it's ability to survive in pretty much every climate condition given the right tools.

here is an interesting video that might peak your interest on the topic:

• Love
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Assuming that we are destroyed via something that ONLY targets our species (Not AI)- what species do you think would then take over? Would they live in more harmony with nature than we have?

I personally think ANY species would take over given the chance. I'm not so convinced that animals do live in balance by choice- I think there are just more things that keep them in check- limited resources- being eaten by other animals, disease. It's just that we have found ways around all those things.

I wonder if any other animal has the potential to become as advanced (but also destructive) as we have.

I suppose the kind of logical answer would maybe be primates. I don't know though. There are LOTS of animals that are VERY inteligent. Octopus are really intelligent. I quite like the idea of octopus inheriting the earth. 😆
I'd love for some kind of raccoon empire, but they only live for 4 years or something in total. I heard something on how rats would take over as a the dominant species if humans go away though, don't know if it's true but I believe it sounds possible.

resolutory

resolutory

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
Dinosaurs.

• Yay!
Reactions: Ringo and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Your mind really goes to interesting places if you need a distraction !

In terms of intelligent life, maybe crows. Octopuses have some lifestyle challenges that would make a takeover very difficult, but I suppose those could be overcome.
Ha ha- true. ANYTHING for distraction... Hmm- with the rising sea levels though- I think octopuses have a good shot. 😉

F

frog_prince

Feb 8, 2023
i believe tiger has the highest chance to dominate this world

• Love
bluville

bluville

Nov 30, 2022
I want to say chimpanzees because they're pretty smart, but at the same time I don't think they'd "take over", I think they'd mind their business and stay where there are.

I can't imagine any animal taking over, they'd have to evolve into something else.

• Love