Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
If god exists, why do we need books to explain it? or preachers?
the fact that he can't do it himself
is good evidence he does not exist

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep, Kalista and 3 others
bernara

bernara

Mar 15, 2024
What if he is as limited as we are? We usually think of God as an eternal creature with unlimited abilities that peacefully observes us suffering, but what if it is actually vice-versa? What if its unlimited nature causes it to suffer in every scenario possible and from every perspective? What if it yearns to be free as we do?

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
God seems to value faith- or- we're lead to believe that they do. That's either a convenient 'get- out' clause for the religious folk- they don't need to prove anything. But- if it's true, then the less physical evidence, the better- because that is the test of true faith I suppose.

Not sure why God would need to play these weird elaborate games. Their character always seemed terribly narcissistic and sadistic to me though. They demand to be worshiped. Yet, they deliberately make it so that we will seriously question whether they even exist. They make it so that there's no concrete proof that they do even exist. Then- if they are in fact real, they get to punish all the unbelievers.

So- I'd say- either you're right- and hopefully you are. Either the lack of evidence is because there is no God. Or, there is and they're toying with us. Or, there's some deeply good reason everything is the way it is- that we are too limited to comprehend.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori