• Speed Up

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
"If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character… Would you slow down? Or speed up?" – Chuck Palahniuk

I would really love to hear your thoughts on this, what would you do & if you care to share- why?

———/———/———​

Speed up. My central issues stem from & revolve around myself & limitations (Mental, Physical, Social). I would miss the wonderful people I've met in my life who've managed to stick around in spite of me, though there is nothing currently to tie me to my current life. No dependents. No partner. No life altering career/sense of purpose.

If nothing is holding me here & it would simply be a never ending string of reincarnation, then I would rather play my odds.

Reactions: lex and Kat!
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
If I understand correctly, I would go faster for what is this body but the makeup it wears.

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
I'd be out of here as soon as possible, lol.

• Love
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I'd be out of here as soon as possible, lol.
XD Yeah, me too.
If I understand correctly, I would go faster for what is this body but the makeup it wears.
I second this.

When I read it I was curious about whether someone's motivation to CTB would change if there were a lack of "afterlife." Seeing death as a sort of reprieve from a life they never wanted.

yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
speed up anyway, because my life is unbearable suffering. i'm a hypersensitive person, life is not for me

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας and NodusTollens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Yeah, I can definitely emphasize with this sentiment.

• Love
Reactions: yive
olieolieoxenfree

olieolieoxenfree

Dec 29, 2020
I would feel most people on this site have a notion to "speed up" as they are dissatisfied with some part or most of their life, me included. The way I talk to people bothers me at times, and it's not that I don't practice or socialize, I'm just really outgoing and too awkward.

• Hugs
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I would feel most people on this site have a notion to "speed up" as they are dissatisfied with some part or most of their life, me included. The way I talk to people bothers me at times, and it's not that I don't practice or socialize, I'm just really outgoing and too awkward.
I hear you, not fitting in socially is awful. Especially when you're conscious of it.

shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Aug 1, 2019
I suppose it depends if the stage settings will change :D If my backdrop is also altering scenes, I'd probably want to stick around a little more for the people before moving on. Realistically (barring the unrealistic hypothetical) I'd stay at the same pace, being as horribly indecisive as I am, and hoping for an external factor to make the choice for me.

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I suppose it depends if the stage settings will change :D If my backdrop is also altering scenes, I'd probably want to stick around a little more for the people before moving on. Realistically (barring the unrealistic hypothetical) I'd stay at the same pace, being as horribly indecisive as I am, and hoping for an external factor to make the choice for me.
That's a fair assessment, with life ever changing (especially these days) it's hard to say either way. That & the decision to CTB isn't an easy one to make. Makes sense.

• Love
Reactions: shadowchaser
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
On the one hand, maybe I'd be more successful in the next life. On the other hand it would be annoying to have to reset the little progress I've made with my life now, as depressing as it is.

• Hugs
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
If life just a stage then can I just work the lights or something please?! :ahhha:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, Deleted member 23885 and Deleted member 25174
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
If it means the play finishes sooner, then make it faster.

• Hugs
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'd definitely speed up!
I hope my next character is a badass.

• Love
Reactions: yive, DivineMedicus and NodusTollens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
On the one hand, maybe I'd be more successful in the next life. On the other hand it would be annoying to have to reset the little progress I've made with my life now, as depressing as it is.
I can understand this sentiment, we've struggled/worked despite depression, pain & desires/thoughts to CTB, so it would feel like, why bother or why did I have to struggle?
I'd definitely speed up!
I hope my next character is a badass.
I hear this, I just want to be someone who is confident in themselves/abilities- then maybe I wouldn't have been walked all over by others. Or, at the very least, doesn't have the MH concerns that I do. I envy people who don't understand what suicidal ideation feels like.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and WornOutLife
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
It depends. If the next incarnation were to be human, I'd say the struggles are more or less the same. Birth, old age, sickness and death. Always has been. Not to mention another pointless struggle to keep up with the Joneses.

Don't know about spiritual growth. If the experience (good or bad, doesn't matter) gained over many lifetimes is proven to pave the way for eventual enlightenment and liberation from the cycle of rebirth, then I'd at least be bothered to put in the effort.

Last edited:
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
It depends. If the next incarnation were to be human, I'd say the struggles are more or less the same. Birth, old age, sickness and death. Always has been. Not to mention another pointless struggle to keep up with the Joneses.

Don't know about spiritual growth. If the experience (good or bad, doesn't matter) gained over many lifetimes is proven to pave the way for eventual enlightenment and liberation from the cycle of rebirth, then I'd at least be bothered to put in the effort.

You know that's a fair point, I guess it would vary based upon your motivation for early dismissal from life; for example people who experience chronic or debilitating pains may be more inclined to exit stage left for new & improved model (Body2.0).

& oh, I second that. It would be a vicious cycle otherwise- one in which we would not be privy to its existence. I would prefer knowledge of my Groundhog's Day.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
ElegantlyWasted

ElegantlyWasted

Jun 16, 2020
I would rather reverse reincarnate, be born before I was actually born. I see the future is getting exponentially worse and it might suck even worse to be born into it.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and NodusTollens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
That's a unique perspective. When would you have liked to have been born?

ElegantlyWasted

ElegantlyWasted

Jun 16, 2020
Somewhere between late 60s to early 80. More fantasy than anything, but I think about how my current age minus my birth year would put me around 1968, and that would be fine by me.

• Love
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Somewhere between late 60s to early 80. More fantasy than anything, but I think about how my current age minus my birth year would put me around 1968, and that would be fine by me.

Funnily enough, that's my father's birth year.

& you know what, I could definitely agree with you on that. I would have wanted be born in the late 70 / early 80s, so that I could have experienced my 20s in the 90s.

Reactions: ElegantlyWasted