F

fisil

Arcanist
Mar 9, 2019
Can the GABA receptor be broken? What is if you are not dying after ingest 200ml N?

chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
Without GABA receptors, you'd be dead by uncontrollable seizures. GABA is the most important inhibitor.

It would be very unusual if benzodiazepines didn't work. Do you have a tolerance to benzodiazepines, alcohol or barbs?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and inconsequential
D

deathenvoy

Experienced
Mar 29, 2019
I don't think you have GABA receptors broken. I think somehow benzo is not metabolized properly by your organism.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and not_a_robot
F

fisil

Arcanist
Mar 9, 2019
Without GABA receptors, you'd be dead by uncontrollable seizures. GABA is the most important inhibitor.

It would be very unusual if benzodiazepines didn't work. Do you have a tolerance to benzodiazepines, alcohol or barbs?
No. Nothing. Unfortunately i am not dead.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I don't think you have GABA receptors broken. I think somehow benzo is not metabolized properly by your organism.
I have trouble with benzos and also all psych meds I have tried. I always get the weird, rare side effects, and almost immediately. Maybe my organism is broken too.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
D

deathenvoy

Experienced
Mar 29, 2019
I have trouble with benzos and also all psych meds I have tried. I always get the weird, rare side effects, and almost immediately. Maybe my organism is broken too.
Most psychiatric drugs including benzos are metabolized by CYP3A4 enzyme. I guess something is off with this enzyme.

chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
Next question: Which benzo and how much of it doesn't work for you?

chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
If you have no tolerance, everything's fine. 1mg lorazepam is nothing for some people - for me too :-)

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Does alcohol get you drunk? If it does, then N will work. Simple as that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifeisatrap and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Most psychiatric drugs including benzos are metabolized by CYP3A4 enzyme. I guess something is off with this enzyme.
Huh... search for "CYP3A4 inhibitors" is interesting...

Reactions: Boochky
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
It's a bit longee ago, but i think it was lorazepam and 1,5mg or 1mg
That's a tiny dose. It is like saying you didn't get drunk after a couple sips of beer and thus thinking alcohol can't make you drunk. I knew a woman who took 50 mg of lorazepam and it didn't even put her to sleep.

I'm living proof that it's possible for benzos to fail even at high doses, but for me high means even 20 mg a day of Xanax is not effective.

Reactions: jake3d and Lifeisatrap