• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
Currently, I'm in this situation. The barriers getting someone admitted are high and the obligation to report you doesn't exist here, but I don't know if it makes sense to even talk about it when I know suicide is a logical consequence. Also, talking about suicide IRL is exhausting af and I hate it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dutchyala, Dr Iron Arc and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
No, I wouldn't.
They would just send me to a psych ward.
Last time I was lucky because my dad "saved" me but talking about suicide is almost impossible. There are some exceptions but I wouldn't take the risk.
You're the only ones I can talk about CTB with.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: EraseRewind and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
No, I wouldn't.
They would just send me to a psych ward.
Is that not the same thing as reporting to the authorities?

I probably could have been way more open with any of the therapists I've had if they weren't bound to involve the authorities in anyway as long as the threat of suicide was imminent because unfortunately for me, it was and continues to be imminent. My last therapist knew about my original plan to CTB when I'm 30 but since that was pretty far away at the time she assured me she wouldn't report it. And she didn't.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fthis, WornOutLife and EraseRewind
EraseRewind

EraseRewind

Circling the drain
May 13, 2020
No, not again. The mental health system here is overloaded and just getting past the gatekeeper is an ordeal. So I'm just going to keep going until I can't.

Reactions: Fthis
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Sure. I've told my psychiatrist that I'm a member of Exit Switzerland. If there was no backlash for being open about my suicide ideation, I'd be honest about the real scope of my suffering. There is no reason to hide suicide ideation, in my opinion. That's nothing to be ashamed of and I believe the right to die should be normalized and free from any taboos. We deserve to openly talk about struggles and decisions we make as a result of them. It's absolutely disgusting that we're pressured to hide our true intentions and feelings and pretend that we're okay.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, LaminarFlow, katesmith and 3 others
rossi

rossi

Sep 27, 2019
i told my old therapist about my suicidal thoughts and plans,she just asked if i had anything planned "immediately",i figured that meant the next 10 minutes or so so i truthfully replied no.She never asked how often i self harmed so i never told her i'd cut in the bathroom while waiting to see her,the whole thing was a boxticking exercise for them,total waste of my time

D

Dutchyala

Mar 6, 2021
I did to my psychologist and my psychiatrists. I just try to say with a hint of hope to see if they can help me somehow even knowing they can't. But it's because my brothers don't care about me much and they know it, it would make things worse reaching out to my brothers about it. So I know they won't say anything. I have good doctors, but it doesn't help because my situation is hopeless.

Talking to them and in this forum is all I have. It feels a little good being able to open up. My few friends wouldn't understand, one became distant the moment I shared, despite beautiful words of caring about mental health. My family could care less it would be a relief for them to be free from me.

If it doesn't make you feel better and you don't like talking it's better not to talk about it. There is always a risk.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Is that not the same thing as reporting to the authorities?

I probably could have been way more open with any of the therapists I've had if they weren't bound to involve the authorities in anyway as long as the threat of suicide was imminent because unfortunately for me, it was and continues to be imminent. My last therapist knew about my original plan to CTB when I'm 30 but since that was pretty far away at the time she assured me she wouldn't report it. And she didn't.

I'm so glad to hear she didn't report you!
My ex therapist new about my failed attempt so, I could talk a bit about ctb but had to pretend I had become a pro-lifer so as not to be sectioned lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
I personally would never even talk with a psychiatrist about my problems or even mention that I would eventually want to ctb.
From day 1 I would have trust issues with my therapist and the whole thing would be just a waste of time.
I even have trust issues with my general practitioner and when he asked me about my arm, I just said that I was on the longboard and he probably believed it since it has been 4 months since I last visited him.

saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
Absolutely, i sincerely believe it's the greatest problem with the mental healthcare system.

What does locking people up even do? I certainly didn't feel any better after lying my way out of hospital. It's like a cruel joke.

PureMetanoia

PureMetanoia

May 28, 2020
Totally; I had a good relationship with my therapist and would openly talk about it - to no real effect if I am here ^^ We would often end such conversations with me making a verbal contract that I won't harm myself for the next X months, whether I believed it or not - the law in my country is that you are placed in a ward only if you are stopped in the process of CtB/right before you attempt.

Therapy is not supposed to be "easy" - of course we draw our boundaries during the process, however comfort is not really the goal, efficacy is. I mean of course the process should benefit you and there are no real universal tips, but personally I wouldn't bother with therapy if I kept to my comfort zone.

Reactions: lachrymost