• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

wondering&wandering

wondering&wandering

My precious moon! Don't go, please.
Jan 12, 2024
Regarding ctb, I've always feared the pain of the body and agony of the mind leading up to ctb. And I'm sure others feel the same from what I've read. However, I see a lot of people saying that lack of accessibility and lack of guarantee that it actually goes through is what stops them from ctb. So my question is, if accessibility and lack of guarantee were no longer an issue, would you still ctb even if you had to endure, say, a half a minute of excruciating pain?

This question is less directed to people like me who wouldn't ctb with this option due to the pain, and more directed to the people who always talk about they just wish they had access/guarantee. However, feel free to share your thoughts regardless.

Thanks!

Reactions: lament.
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Half a minute? Yes, would definitely go through with it. Anything up to 5, i think.
My concern has always been with the cost associated with certain aspects of my CTB plan, so i might not fit the group/demographic that the question was intended for, but it is an interesting question and I would also like to know the answers from other people.

Reactions: wondering&wandering
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
No, or not while sober. In the past I thought I could handle physical pain but all the failed hanging attempts say otherwise. If I didn't care about physical pain (and vomiting) I would be already gone for sure. I'd like to delete my existence like deleting a file on a computer tbh.

Reactions: mosqitomi and wondering&wandering
wondering&wandering

wondering&wandering

Jan 12, 2024
Half a minute? Yes, would definitely go through with it. Anything up to 5, i think.
Okay, interesting. Thanks for the detailed response! Half a minute was the amount of time/pain that was just out of reach of my endurance. But 5 minutes!? Oh my goodness, I couldn't even imagine. But thanks for adding that part to your response. It gives me a different perspective of what people are willing to endure to ctb.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case if the method was incredibly painful I'd fear the SI kicking in and causing me to back out of the attempt even if the actual method is very reliable. Sadly it's very difficult to cease existing on our own terms because as humans we are all programmed to survive.

Reactions: Immensevoid, myusername890 and wondering&wandering
wondering&wandering

wondering&wandering

Jan 12, 2024
In my case if the method was incredibly painful I'd fear the SI kicking in and causing me to back out of the attempt even if the actual method is very reliable. Sadly it's very difficult to cease existing on our own terms because as humans we are all programmed to survive.
Thanks for the response. I agree, SI can be very strong. But let's say this option that I'm speaking of was a pill so once it was taken it's essentially over. Of course, you'd have to overcome the SI to take the pill or not (just as much as you have to when you stand on a cliff's edge). Would you take said pill even though it promises pain?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Thanks for the response. I agree, SI can be very strong. But let's say this option that I'm speaking of was a pill so once it was taken it's essentially over. Of course, you'd have to overcome the SI to take the pill or not (just as much as you have to when you stand on a cliff's edge). Would you take said pill even though it promises pain?
Yes especially if it was quick and guaranteed, I also think if the method was a pill it'd be easier to go through with.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
The main issue is the SI not any particular method. There's plenty of easy to access methods are are as close to guaranteed you can get.

The true problem lies in the SI which tells us things will get better, give life another try etc

Only once we truly reach rock bottom do we actually CTB.

Angel of Spades

Angel of Spades

barely keeping it together
May 23, 2023
If I knew it was guaranteed and I wouldn't have to lift a finger to make it happen, I'd be willing to go through agony for a short while if it meant a forever of peace.

Reactions: wondering&wandering, pthnrdnojvsc and Lostone47
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
If I was drugged up hell ya

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
Mmm. I think I could deal with three minutes of agony. I've already drowned, been electrocuted, split open a limb, and broken at least one bone. if it was assured, then absolutely. 5 minutes is where I I would start to doubt it though

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Mostly yes, preferably I would still want to make it look like some sort of accident and if it wasn't possible with this option then I would have to think about it for some time but I probably would end up using it even if it was excruciating pain.

caninecomposer

caninecomposer

Unappreciated artist
Dec 18, 2023
The main thing stopping me from going with most methods is possibility of survival and permanent repercussions you have to live with, alongside the long drawn-out agony. So if it was just 30 seconds of the worst pain in my life, and then being guaranteed to perish, I would absolutely do it to avoid a lifetime of suffering.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and wondering&wandering
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
30 seconds of pain to end a lifetime of pain? Seems like a pretty sweet deal.

JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Student
Dec 18, 2023
There are different types of pain, and the definition of excruciating is subjective. The method I think of though when I think of an option like this would be locking yourself in an oven. When I put the idea into perspective like that, I genuinely can not will myself do something such as that. Interesting question though.

C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
Yes, if I was 100% sure that it would work and that it couldn't be stopped once it started, I would even accept burning to death. That would be a horrible thing, but life is worse.

Last edited:
butterfly000

butterfly000

I want freedom
Jan 6, 2024
I would not go through with it. Sure, reliability is nice. The lack of accessibility is awful. But personally, I really don't want to suffer while trying to achieve peace. I will do everything it takes to obtain a peaceful and reliable method no matter how long it will take and I will not settle for anything less.

L

LifeCanBeCruel

Jan 2, 2023
Only in a pinch. I'd rather have a relatively peaceful death.

H

hurting

Jan 18, 2024
I do not know if you actually feel any pain in the throws of death. I slit my throat a little over a year ago. I did a bit of damage and took out the jugular. I felt zero pain and in fact felt the most peace I ever felt before drifting off. No bright lights, visions, voices. After many blood transfusion, surgeries, and finally getting off the breathing machine, thats when the pain came. I will say that I am a chronic pain sufferer and that may have contributed to no pain. I then spent the next 6 months in a mental hospital for drug resistant depression due to pain, absolutely out of my control but I was treated like I committed a crime everyday by every medical professional. Of course there is the life flight bill and hospital bills, more than a house costs. My true pain did not come until I failed my ctb and started getting the so called help.

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I'd definitely do it. My problem is neither accessibility of methods nor pain per-se but lack of time, lack of any good space to retreat to and be found. That is my biggest problem and makes me think twice about ctbing.

• Love
Reactions: wondering&wandering and Adûnâi

wound-up
Jan 20, 2024
only as a last resort. i'd prefer to be at peace when it's my time, but at the same time, it has been so long since i have felt any peace that i dont think i would mind going out painfully as much anymore. even still, it isn't preferred in my eyes.

lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
If there was no way to save myself from it / it won't stop until I die, then yes I would. I fear that under excruciating pain I would likely try to stop my attempt. :(

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
if it was reversible then no because SI but if it's irreversible like jumping and you can't back out then yes unless the pain lasted a long time, though my perception of a "long time" would definitely increase the more painful it is