If a car was running at you at full speed would you get out of the way?

• Yes

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 42.9%

• Total voters
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
I nearly got hit recently and found I got out of the way without thinking.

Reactions: Rafinha, TransilvanianHunger, LonelyKitten and 1 other person
k.loves.octo

k.loves.octo

hiiii hi hi AHAHEHEHAHA
Jul 5, 2023
i feel like i would because of si but if i had time to think id prob be like "LORD JESUS TAKE ME NOW" and t-pose lmao

• Yay!
Reactions: Rafinha, IBM0000 and MoonBloom
MoonBloom

MoonBloom

Introverted broke college student
Oct 17, 2023
i feel like i would because of si but if i had time to think id prob be like "LORD JESUS TAKE ME NOW" and t-pose lmao
Lmao not the t-pose 💀💀

Reactions: MiMif, hi-okbye and IBM0000
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
I nearly got hit recently and found I got out of the way without thinking.
same, i only realized after the fact that, dang why did i move, it was subconcious, si is a crazy thing

Reactions: IBM0000
chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
With how slow my reaction time is, my SI will ask me to move over but my body will be frozen for way too long and the car will hit for sure.

ps: I'm playing on 2000ms ping

Reactions: Rafinha, loopdaloop and IBM0000
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
I could get hit because of my freeze response. But, if I was able to think and act freely, I would get out of the way. Even if the driver was being reckless, I don't want the memory of them hitting me to be ingrained in their brain, long after my death. There would also be other uninvolved parties that might have to see that gruesome sight, and that's not something I would want.

• Love
Reactions: Rafinha, bebebeep and IBM0000
LunaDreamwalk

LunaDreamwalk

Oct 3, 2023
i wouldn't, it would be an easy death for my family to except as an accident.

• Love
Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
I just stop and stare at the daring them to do it. When I almost get run over.

MidnightGloom

MidnightGloom

my happiest moment will be my death
Jul 28, 2023
While I want to die, I feel it may be a subconscious reaction that I won't be able to prevent.

Treku

Treku

why am I even alive
Oct 15, 2023
fuck no I ain't moving

princexhhn

princexhhn

call me prince
Sep 26, 2023
absolutely not. I wouldnt even move away unconsciously cause my reaction to those is like a deer in headlights LOL

• Love
Reactions: venomousSSĂ«rpent74 and IBM0000
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I am afraid of being a vegetable and afraid of pain . So I would begrudgingly move away .

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
Sadly a car accident is not a reliable way to die, you are more likely to end up in a vegetative or otherwise horrific state where you certainly won't be able to die.

Reactions: Skathon
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
Most people would, even if they say here that they wouldn't. Your monkey brain will act on its own.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't really think this is a reliable suicide method, it just sounds like a way to end up injured so I believe I would get out of the way to avoid further suffering.

SovietSuicide

SovietSuicide

Student
Jan 8, 2022
Yeah I'd move, most likely you're just going to break your legs/hips/ribs/spine and spend weeks in a boring hospital.

venomousSSĂ«rpent74

venomousSSĂ«rpent74

Oct 19, 2023
yes plus the method isn't a good idea think of how many people have gotten hit and survived where some weren't as lucky and i normally don't look while crossing the street so it's up to the person driving to stop or not so I won't be suprised if I get hit one day.

notverylucid

notverylucid

Truth is... the game was rigged from the start
Aug 18, 2023
If it was guaranteed automatic death on impact then I would gladly take the hit, but in reality there are too many variables and occurrences of people surviving with various degrees of injury. Being trapped in a vegetative state for years/decades to come from a failed attempt or a random accident is my worst fear, so when I go I want to be as absolutely sure as is possible that it will work.

D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
99% of us will get out of the way because of our reflexes. You won't even think about the specific direction you will try to dodge or run, it'll just happen.

Even if I had full control, I'd still get out of the way because the risk of staying alive but being severely injured for life is way too high. Yes I will end up killing myself anyway, but I don't want to endure additional misery on top of my depression.

S

Sad_Sack

Experienced
Oct 3, 2022
Since a car is more likely to do horrible d as mage to me as if not kill me I would move out if the way.

MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
Honestly it depends on how I'm feel8ng that day someday are worst then others though very day is bad i won't lie but sometimes it feels unbearable to even breathe and even think....I have intense periods of.derealizarion and depersonalization and it's awful I feel out of place being alive.

But when those feelings are really intense and my head hurts I probably wouldn't move...on other days when my suicidability is moderate and I feel moderately shitty I would probably move

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
I'd like to say that I would just drop to the ground and let it hit me, but, if I'm aware of it coming, that SI is going to come into play on a subconscious level and I'm going to react.

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I would, because this is not a reliable way to go.

You could definitely survive, only to end up paralyzed for the remainder of your life.

february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, like others have said... I probably would. Both because of SI and human instinct to move in those sorts of situations, and also because a car accident is not a clean or guaranteed death. But I do think if I was getting mugged and someone had a gun pointed to my head or something, I would gladly let them.

K

KiraX

Oct 20, 2023
Oddly enough yes, or I'd freeze up like a deer

My instincts to live are strong sadly haha
Maybe because what I'm scared of is getting horribly injured but still living

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
Yeah, like others have said... I probably would. Both because of SI and human instinct to move in those sorts of situations, and also because a car accident is not a clean or guaranteed death. But I do think if I was getting mugged and someone had a gun pointed to my head or something, I would gladly let them.
If someone was mugging me with a gun to my head, I would straight up tell them that they're going to need to pull the trigger and potentially take a murder charge if they want anything from me.

And I would pray that they pulled the damn trigger.

But, with my luck, they'd probably be using a cheap gun, and cheap ammo, and I'd end up a damn vegetable or otherwise still be capable of breathing.

Can't really depend on a mugger to properly hit the brainstem.

I think they're probably expecting you to just give up whatever you have of value, and not expecting to actually have to shoot you- and if they have to, they likely won't be putting any thought into whether or not their shot placement is correct to cause death.

Last edited:
Reactions: february in alaska
riamu

riamu

walking waste of bandages
Jan 5, 2023
honestly that probably wouldn't be a bad way to go, ignoring the pain. i can die and anyone who loves me will be able to cope easier knowing it was a tragic accident instead of a suicide.