J

Justsad30

Feb 19, 2020
Hi all, I've recently got back into the world of online dating, I know, and I can feel what I call "the wave" coming. Basically self destruct, I am disgusting why would anyone want to even know me you might as well end it kind of thought process. This isn't the first time and it certainly isn't the last.

If you have experience of this, how do you navigate dating? Is this something you'd make people aware of, not explicitly aware but basically let them know you're needing some time. Should I lie and say work is busy or I'm a bit tired? Is it even worth it? Should I even be trying to date if I don't see myself being here?

Just trying to prepare for the wave

Thanks x

• Hugs
Reactions: TicoDK and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I started using dating apps again about 1 month ago and I made the mistake to tell a girl who was really interested in me that I was suicidal. She just blocked me once she knew I was planning to leave this world lol.

There's nothing wrong with you dating. Keep on going but be careful! Talking about depression and suicidal thoughts can freak people out.

Wish you the best!!

Reactions: TicoDK and Justsad30
J

Justsad30

Feb 19, 2020
I started using dating apps again about 1 month ago and I made the mistake to tell a girl who was really interested in me that I was suicidal. She just blocked me once she knew I was planning to leave this world lol.

There's nothing wrong with you dating. Keep on going but be careful! Talking about depression and suicidal thoughts can freak people out.

Wish you the best!!
I'm sorry that happened to you, thank goodness for forums like this eh?

Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
Almost everyone is tired of life. Be subtle and try to bring things to your side without having to say anything very deep and they'll probably relate. There's no point to be that open with people you'll probably forget/ignore (or they ignore you) in a couple weeks. Also people in those places, and in general, don't usually create strong bonds so you don't have to deprive yourself of the experience if that's what you want.

J

Justsad30

Feb 19, 2020
Almost everyone is tired of life. Be subtle and try to bring things to your side without having to say anything very deep and they'll probably relate. There's no point to be that open with people you'll probably forget/ignore (or they ignore you) in a couple weeks. Also people in those places, and in general, don't usually create strong bonds so you don't have to deprive yourself of the experience if that's what you want.
That's a good point, thank you x