Sadness20

Sadness20

Experienced
Nov 1, 2021
I have scissors(haven't done much but maybe I'm doing it wrong) a cable,and I don't know what else could be useful. I need to release tension, so please give me suggestions.

• Hugs
Reactions: takyon, Seered Doom and avaruus
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Do you have access to really hot or really cold water?
Maybe that could help someway, i hope it gets better for you.

Sadness20

Sadness20

Experienced
Nov 1, 2021
Do you have access to really hot or really cold water?
Maybe that could help someway, i hope it gets better for you.
I don't think I do. Maybe if I could get them to give me tea? I guess that could work?

• Hugs
Reactions: avaruus
strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
Some psych wards don't have this but you can burn yourself with ice & salt

strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
The mixture of salt, water, ice and body heat creates a unique chemical reaction that actually drops the temperature of the ice down to -28°C. Holding something that cold directly against your skin will burn you after a few minutes. This is also the reason a lot of psych wards don't provide ice.

Sadness20

Sadness20

Experienced
Nov 1, 2021
The mixture of salt, water, ice and body heat creates a unique chemical reaction that actually drops the temperature of the ice down to -28°C. Holding something that cold directly against your skin will burn you after a few minutes. This is also the reason a lot of psych wards don't provide ice.
We do have a fridge but I don't know if there's a freezer. I'll have to see but thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: strawb12
silentcicada

silentcicada

Silhouettes on the ceiling
Aug 2, 2023
Pinching/squeezing can help a little.

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
It's odd that you're allowed to have scissors and a cable wtf is the staff thinking. Reminds me of the last time I was in there and they gave me the means to attempt. Idiots

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
After they take away your cable and scissors go the good old tooth and claw way. Banging your head on the wall is also an option, although more risky as it can cause concuctions. I have not gotten one yet as far as I'm aware, but it is a possibility.

F

Forgetting5

May 3, 2021
When I was in one there was a girl who just slammed her head against walls nonstop.

Sadness20

Sadness20

Experienced
Nov 1, 2021
It's odd that you're allowed to have scissors and a cable wtf is the staff thinking. Reminds me of the last time I was in there and they gave me the means to attempt. Idiots
Sorry for the late reply, the open psych ward is all about trust. If you give them a reason to mistrust you, you'll be instantly in the closed ward and they'll take everything from you

T

takyon

im just a girl
Oct 9, 2023
if u scratch the same place long enough u can break the skin and make it raw. i used to sh this way before i started cutting.

Reactions: Sadness20
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
You could try scratching yourself until you break skin, digging your nails into your arm, or biting yourself. You could also try hitting yourself too.

I should warn you that biting yourself too much comes with the risk of damaging your nerves (found that out the hard way).