lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Let's say you can plan when your body is found, because you live alone and will do a scheduled text/email. What is the ideal amount of time to allow for different methods? Given that you want to balance two things: leaving enough time so you are not rescued, but not leaving too much time that your body starts to rot and leaves a big mess.

For N?
For SN?
For hanging?

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Notwinnernotawin
restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
For all of them I'd say about 2 hours at the moment of action. One hour to make sure you're actually dead and another incase somehow it fails and you need to clean up. If not, it's just an extra hour of insurance.

If I'm worried about allowing time for bloat (especially with hanging) and self-defecation/urination then an hour, hour and a half at the time of going through with it.

SN takes an hour.
N takes a little less time than SN but round it out to an hour.
Hanging is the fastest by 10-20 minutes. Pad it out for an hour to make sure one doesn't get resuscitated and left with awful brain damage.

All in all, 1-2 hours.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Notwinnernotawin and lululoo
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It depends on how long it takes the method to work, as well as body decomposition based on the environment (such as being really hot; having AC blasting helps, even if it's not hot). The body may also release urine or excrement, so it's good to plan for that as well, such as laying down a plastic sheet.

I don't know how long N takes to work, it's usually within minutes, but I don't know the max amount of time.

SN could take up to four hours, so I would probably plan for a couple of hours extra, but that's just a personal preference.

Hanging could take up to half an hour, so I would again plan for a couple of hours extra, because I wouldn't want there to be any chance I could be revived.

Edit: I agree with @restingspot about leaving extra time in case one survives and needs to clean up. Members who have attempted hanging have reported urinating and defecating. With SN, one may vomit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saed, Notwinnernotawin, autumnal and 1 other person
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
For all of them I'd say about 2 hours at the moment of action. One hour to make sure you're actually dead and another incase somehow it fails and you need to clean up. If not, it's just an extra hour of insurance.

If I'm worried about allowing time for bloat (especially with hanging) and self-defecation/urination then an hour, hour and a half at the time of going through with it.

SN takes an hour.
N takes a little less time than SN but round it out to an hour.
Hanging is the fastest by 10-20 minutes. Pad it out for an hour to make sure one doesn't get resuscitated and left with awful brain damage.

All in all, 1-2 hours.
That makes sense with hanging, there's no possibility that it could take longer. But with N (and I think also with SN) there is a very small chance that it takes longer. So isn't it better to pad in some extra time?

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trapped123, autumnal and 1 other person
restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
That makes sense with hanging, there's no possibility that it could take longer. But with N (and I think also with SN) there is a very small chance that it takes longer. So isn't it better to pad in some extra time?
Yeah. I'm a stickler for wanting to leave behind a clean and well groomed scene. The more time I allow, the more time my body is left sitting there. If my family is still around, I'd rather not leave a (more than it already is) horrific scene. On average SN takes an hour, but I won't know how I react to it until I ctb. It's a chance I'll have to take.

lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
I don't know how long N takes to work, it's usually within minutes, but I don't know the max amount of time.

It has been reported to take up to 24 hours in rare cases. So I think N is the trickiest one.
Yeah. I'm a stickler for wanting to leave behind a clean and well groomed scene. The more time I allow, the more time my body is left sitting there. If my family is still around, I'd rather not leave a (more than it already is) horrific scene. On average SN takes an hour, but I won't know how I react to it until I ctb. It's a chance I'll have to take.
Do you know when the body starts to decompose? Like what would be the state of it after 12 hours, after 24 hours?
(Damn I wish the search function were working right now)

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, autumnal, ebt88 and 1 other person
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
[...]
Do you know when the body starts to decompose? Like what would be the state of it after 12 hours, after 24 hours?
(Damn I wish the search function were working right now)

This article might help:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...ens-to-the-body-after-death.34465/post-639028

Reactions: lululoo and GoodPersonEffed
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020

With regards to SN,yes,I feel it could take longer in some instances.
This story really got me wondering. His mates hadn't seen him for 2 days. Entered his flat to find him "unresponsive".

As for the verdict - of course it was suicide. I think the ruling was to protect the sensibilities of the family.