Status
Not open for further replies.
TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
So, as the title says, this idea is a way I thought we could use to see if a SS user is near us.
We just make a stick note/paper with this symbol (or another, open to suggestions) Image and we just leave it somewhere (bathroom stall, hidden behind somthing on a store shelf, Lil drawing on a poster we see or anything of the sort), and when we see one of those symbols we can say "oh hey, suicidal person near by!!" Its mot to contract or comunicate, but just to know someones near by.

If anyone wants to hop in on this let me know and maybe also get all your suicidal friends not on here to join the band wagon, and maybe one day, just like a pink triangle/rainblw represents Lgbtq people,and various symbols represent various cominitys, this could become a suicidal comunity symbol.

Why a 8 sectioned square? Why not! Easy to draw, noticeable, and thise unaware will see it as a little doodle and nothing more.

So, whos in?

Reactions: CandyK__ and fuaruhan
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Looks like one of those signs criminals leave on houses to describe if it can be burgled 😂

• Yay!
Reactions: crimson blue, fuaruhan, Skathon and 4 others
TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
Looks like one of those signs criminals leave on houses to describe if it can be burgled 😂
Realizing that now.
Hey, maybe it will get thief's/people who think they will get stolen from googling this and when it gets a little bigger(enough to show up on google reverse image search), it will cause even more people to see it as they google what it means if they see it and are scared.

nation/army in the making

• Yay!
Reactions: jodes2
Vitya

Vitya

She is addicted to breakcore and death
Feb 9, 2023
I love the idea but maybe change the symbol. This one isn't bad it's just that it looks way too common and it's not hard to come by. We will need to tweak something to make it more specific to users of this site.

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
'Secrt' symbls lke ths jst reinfrce th/ 'cult' narrtve i.m.o - cannt C n.e benfit

Thre = alrdy th/ semi-colon whch = usd fr ppl wh/ hve strggled wth suicde & = usd fr suicde awrenss

Also startng smethng lke ths on SaSu feels lke anothr advertsemnt or guerlla marketng fr th/ ste whch th/ ste rlly ds nt need

Jst own 2 cents

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson blue, Skathon, codedarchaeologist and 1 other person
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
So, as the title says, this idea is a way I thought we could use to see if a SS user is near us.
We just make a stick note/paper with this symbol (or another, open to suggestions)View attachment 104747and we just leave it somewhere (bathroom stall, hidden behind somthing on a store shelf, Lil drawing on a poster we see or anything of the sort), and when we see one of those symbols we can say "oh hey, suicidal person near by!!" Its mot to contract or comunicate, but just to know someones near by.

If anyone wants to hop in on this let me know and maybe also get all your suicidal friends not on here to join the band wagon, and maybe one day, just like a pink triangle/rainblw represents Lgbtq people,and various symbols represent various cominitys, this could become a suicidal comunity symbol.

Why a 8 sectioned square? Why not! Easy to draw, noticeable, and thise unaware will see it as a little doodle and nothing more.

So, whos in?
Probably easier to make a thread asking if someone is from «my town, state, country». There's a bunch of threads like that on here.

TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
I love the idea but maybe change the symbol. This one isn't bad it's just that it looks way too common and it's not hard to come by. We will need to tweak something to make it more specific to users of this site.
Already, any suggestions?

TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
i am in love with this idea! i'll be sure follow this thread closely 💜

i personally feel that the initially suggested symbol is perfectly suitable.
Thanks!!! And yeah, if i HAD to change it id put the square into a circle or draw(asin extend) the X part outside the square

looseye

looseye

A boring person.
Oct 27, 2021
In accordance with other mods I locked this thread.

As most of us are aware, SaSu already finds itself under immense scrutiny which is driving thousands of new people to the site each week. Literally, thousands. The "older" part of this community has already expressed subtle or even explicit concerns regarding the integrity of the latest wave of members.

SaSu is a forum designed to talk about suicidal thoughts and feelings as well as bodily autonomy. And all the things that relate to this, you get the idea. This is not some secret society, club or underground guerilla movement.

Introducing secret symbols while all eyes are on the site just encourages the cult narrative that is being driven by people who do not own the minimum level of intellectual capacity which is necessary to find out what this community is all about [quick clarification: I am not accusing you of being one of them, OP]. Mystery is fun, I get it. But mystery brings people to this site that in all fairness should not be here. There is nothing mysterious about SaSu, we're just a bunch of suicidal fellas talking about suicidal things, that's it.

It's better to just leave SaSu as a supportive community for suicidal people (and on rare occasions non-suicidal ones). There is no need to portray this site as something that is isn't and has no ambition of becoming.

• Love
Reactions: EqualibriumWithin, fuaruhan, TransMagical and 4 others
Status
Not open for further replies.