• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

BoredomSeeker

BoredomSeeker

"A black light bulb. The repression of an idea."
May 25, 2023
So the following method popped into my head last night, sorry if this has been proposed before.

I'm sure at least some of us here have heard, or even done, that thing where you crouch down, hyperventilate, then stand up and blow on your hand without letting any air escape to faint. My idea is to do this on the edge of a dropoff, such as a building or cliff in order to overcome the SI one might get with the jumping method.

You'll be knocked out for a couple seconds, which should be enough for you to reach the ground, and if you wake up before, you'll probably be too dazed to realize what's going on before hitting the ground.

Any thoughts on this? Personally I think the biggest issue would be actually falling towards the dropoff, as you may be naturally inclined to fall away from it.

Reactions: hi-okbye and todienomore
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
So the following method popped into my head last night, sorry if this has been proposed before.

I'm sure at least some of us here have heard, or even done, that thing where you crouch down, hyperventilate, then stand up and blow on your hand without letting any air escape to faint. My idea is to do this on the edge of a dropoff, such as a building or cliff in order to overcome the SI one might get with the jumping method.

You'll be knocked out for a couple seconds, which should be enough for you to reach the ground, and if you wake up before, you'll probably be too dazed to realize what's going on before hitting the ground.

Any thoughts on this? Personally I think the biggest issue would be actually falling towards the dropoff, as you may be naturally inclined to fall away from it.
But you have to hit the ground head first for instant death so you have to position yourself, how you gonna do that ?

Reactions: telro
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The question is, you already sit/stand on the edge and perhaps SI kicks in long before or during hyperventilation, before you reach that short state of unconsciousness.

piercedheart

piercedheart

Mortician
May 29, 2023
I don't think it will be as effective as you think it will be, but if that is what you need to make the step then yeah, it might work. Another option would be to just get drunk and walk on the edge, not thinking of jumping but waiting to slip?

Reactions: 90starve
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I've thought about doing this to ease passing out for a partial hanging as when I tried before I couldn't black out

Reactions: todienomore