NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
holy shit, working is a living hell, what a nightmare. why money is so difficult to earn? shiiiittttttt

• Love
Reactions: Enabran255, it's_all_a_game, Life is pointless and 5 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
If you mean at your current job, then try to find something else. I worked in a field I hated for a long while, and it breaks you down over time. Switched careers, and I'm much happier, even though I'm making less.

Reactions: Symbiote, GenesAndEnvironment, luten and 1 other person
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
work is hard. i agree that if you do something that makes you feel content, then you might feel different. Some people go on pension, but they soon realize that doing nothing is not as pleasant as they thought it would be, and then they find a side job. Some people make a living by working online, making content, sometimes i envy those people. Look into options , maybe multiple sources of income.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
By far work is my biggest problem in life. I don't know if I'll ever reach a good place with it. Really just want to go, tired of struggling and mostly scared about my future.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: gtrfvr, it's_all_a_game, Lostandlooking and 4 others
Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
If you mean at your current job, then try to find something else. I worked in a field I hated for a long while, and it breaks you down over time. Switched careers, and I'm much happier, even though I'm making less.
What did you switch from? What did you switch to?

bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
There was a time in my work life that I had to drink 1 or 2 liters of beer a day to cope with it. In addition to medication. There are jobs that are literally hell of stress and are not properly paid for the mental exhaustion they cause.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
What did you switch from? What did you switch to?
Education to being an analyst. Not going to say exactly for who, but my work now will have an impact, and may save people's lives, even after I'm gone.

In education, I had to deal with the ungrateful fucks that were students, parents, board members, and the state dept of education. The american education system is fucked beyond repair. I recommend to all parents please find a way to get your kids into a private school.

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
The thought of going to my job on Thursday is melting my brain. I'm really messing up and there's nobody to tell without them causing shit to get my kids away from me. I'm getting to my limit

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lostandlooking and bad luck
WOODESITY

WOODESITY

Experienced
Mar 15, 2019
One of my main reasons to opt out is because of work, if there was enough compensation for the work most people do things could have been better, but when work contributing so much suffering its not that hard to see how fucked up is the life, literally slavery, just not even enough in most cases to sustain self

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, bad luck and Lostandlooking
Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
Education to being an analyst. Not going to say exactly for who, but my work now will have an impact, and may save people's lives, even after I'm gone.

In education, I had to deal with the ungrateful fucks that were students, parents, board members, and the state dept of education. The american education system is fucked beyond repair. I recommend to all parents please find a way to get your kids into a private school.
Thanks for the answer, but I can never wrap my head around what "analyst" means in practice. If possible without revealing "for who" or whatever, what does a day or a week at work actually look like in practical terms?

And could you transfer from education to this without obtaining further academic credentials?

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Thanks for the answer, but I can never wrap my head around what "analyst" means in practice. If possible without revealing "for who" or whatever, what does a day or a week at work actually look like in practical terms?

And could you transfer from education to this without obtaining further academic credentials?
So analyst is a very general term. It could have a heavy focus on programming, statistics, research, and other specializations. My focus is on research and statistics.

I didn't need additional training as my undergrad degrees meet the requirements of the analyst position I'm in. I didn't go to school for education/teaching. I kind of fell into it. My masters is in education, but the job I had as an administrator again had a heavy focus on data and statistics.
One of my main reasons to opt out is because of work, if there was enough compensation for the work most people do things could have been better, but when work contributing so much suffering its not that hard to see how fucked up is the life, literally slavery, just not even enough in most cases to sustain self
An employee of a business has to be compensated less than what they contribute, or there would be no capital to reinvest into the business. The exception being non-profit organizations.

Last edited:
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
All wageslaves are equal
But some wageslaves
Are more equal than others

Reactions: Enabran255, EmbraceOfTheVoid and bad luck
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal