• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

restinpeace2

restinpeace2

May 28, 2024
Hi everyone,

I've been living alone since early this year and it's just so difficult. I have minimal support and just would like to have someone who could talk to. Practical as well as emotional support would be glad too. It's been tough. If you live in London, and female could you message? I need a sister, mother and friend to help me in these tough times. I would be so glad to talk if you can listen to me please.

I wish I knew someone who was kind and compassionate. I do wish there was a place like Women's Refuge that I could live with others sometimes, rather than staying here. I had stayed in a Women's Refuge House prior to the temporary accommodation. I wish I could move in with someone nice that can understand me. I don't really want to stay in this place I'm at it's so lonely studio temporary accommodation. I wish there were schemes for women leaving refuge, women only or like supported housing, instead of doing the council Homeless Application which is where I am now.

It's all a bit too much for me to deal with as a young woman. I am trapped this way unless I find a place or someone to move in with. I'm realising that living on my own in a studio isn't what I enjoy. If I make this decision to find another accommodation, Council can end their housing duty as stated in their conditions. But I'm not really happy being in single studio temporary accommodation. And I can only bid for single studio. If I'm not enjoying living alone now this could mean I won't enjoy living alone in the prospective council studio. I wish I could live with someone kind who understands me. Like a family.

Some could say, can't you reach out to services or be referred? I do have a case worker, who helps me with talking to the council, but this isn't the same thing as having that close companion to help out. It's like I am looking for a family, friend and fashion girlie. It would even be nice to have another woman figure in my life besides myself. I'm quite shy and find difficult to make friends.

Even I need someone close in my age to help with fashion. I haven't got much of a style, and would love to be inspired by someone else who's into fashion. I need help with clothing and how to look good in clothes. I need help with my wardrobe. It's so stressful being poor too. Being NEET, on Universal Credit has taken a toll on me. I don't have any other means of financial or housing support. I didn't ever want to become this way. I miss living at home in a family household. I wish someone can understand and please help.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: elvvsie, lylas, MyTimeIsUp and 2 others
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Hey, I just wanted to say you're not alone.

I've been where you are, and it takes time to adjust to your new surroundings, but trust me, you will. Give yourself time

I understand what you mean by coming from a Refuge, then struggling on your own. I felt exactly the same. I also have no friends or family local, I had to flee hundreds of miles away, a few years ago. I'm originally from near your neck of the woods.

I know all too well how lonely this is, but I promise it does get easier, with time, lots of time.

The only thing I can suggest is to keep reaching out, there must be places you can go. Could you tell your case worker that you're struggling with this? Usually, they can refer you to services - it could be counselling, and/or coffee mornings (and other things) that local groups run, for women only. These places do exist, it's just about finding them.

Honestly, the best thing is to reach out to local services, you'd be surprised what's out there. Also, if you explain to them you have social anxiety, they will understand, and perhaps you could start by emailing them. In my local area, there is a place where individuals can go for help with their mental health - which consists of coffee mornings, courses to help with mental health etc, and it is run by those that have struggled themselves. I haven't been due to severe social anxiety, like you.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I say this because I care, but please be careful with putting these things online, because it will open you up to those that pray on vulnerable women. I completely understand that you really need support, but this site, will be full of arseholes that don't always have your best interests at heart.

I really hope things ease for you, it will be ok. You've got this x

Reactions: restinpeace2 and lylas
Upvote 0
elvvsie

elvvsie

23F
Jul 18, 2024
hey, I'm from Wales, about 3 hours train ride to London. 23F. I get how you're feeling, the system is so messed up. if you need someone to talk to, I'm here any time.

Reactions: restinpeace2
Upvote 0
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
i enjoy fashion stuff and used to have a crazy wardrobe, do you have any particular styles you want to emulate or try out? you be shocked how much really good stuff i found at 2nd hand resale shops for cheap

Upvote 0