Jan 17, 2021

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: feggut, Celerity, Elysium Searcher and 6 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
The tune we dance to isn't quite as eloquent. But I'd be down to try out a short life as a web-slinger. Cue the radioactive spider bite.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f

Reactions: Anxieyote, draw a circle, Panna and 1 other person
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
What an anxious girl

Reactions: Celerity and Makko
9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
I'd like dance before I die, and the sex is a plus!

• Yay!
Reactions: 140 bpm, Shadowplay, Celerity and 1 other person
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Nephila Clavata babies. Wouldn't mind giving birth to a few billions of these after snacking on a cute boy

Skitter2

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Snake of Eden, TriggerHappy and 9BBN
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Anxieyote, Rogue Proxy, Elysium Searcher and 6 others
WaaaghEnjoyer

WaaaghEnjoyer

destroy the status quo
Aug 15, 2021
I expected spider pictures in this thread so I survived their sight. A terrible, terrible creature, of the lowest aesthetics.

• Love
Reactions: Shadowplay
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
20210827 111635

My beautiful beautiful delicious monster :: Coco.
Goliath Birdeater.

• Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: auror., Rogue Proxy, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Tarantella, the 'dance of the spider'

(From the link above)

"Also known as 'the dance of the spider', the Tarantella is derived from the Italian word tarantola, meaning 'tarantula'. The tarantola gets its name from the town of Taranto in Puglia, where the bite of the local wolf spider (the tarantula) was widely believed to be highly poisonous and led to a condition known as 'tarantism'.

Tarantism was an epidemic that swept through Taranto and other parts of Italy between the 15th and 17th centuries. According to legend, once bitten by a tarantula, the victim, referred to as the tarantata—who was almost always a woman of lower status—would fall into a fit in which she was plagued by heightened excitability and restlessness. Eventually, she would succumb to the condition and die.

The only cure, it seemed, was to engage in the frenzied dancing ritual of the Tarantella. Townspeople would surround the tarantata while musicians would play instruments such as mandolins, guitars, and tambourines in different tempos in search of the correct healing rhythm. Each varied beat would affect the tarantata, leading her to move in erratic ways in line with the tempo. Once the correct rhythm was found, the victim—dancing the Tarantella alone until exhausted—was thought to be cured, having 'sweated out" the venom'!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Anxieyote, Celerity, UseItOrLoseIt and 1 other person
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Jan 24, 2021
Do you feed it birds? Or spider boys?
Ha! Ha! Love that. Do you have a web in your basement to catch & trap casual passers by?!!

Will share some useless info about birdeaters: they were named such because when they were discovered by the English, they were often seen catching & eating tiny jungle hummingbirds & finches (pple assume they eat pigeons etc - sadly not the case). It was opposite of what they had in England (birds eating tiny spiders) & the Victorians loved to shock: (evident in the chimera taxidermy of the time - rabbits with goat horns, baby chicks with two heads etc etc) and off course memento mori.
She eats giant crickets (im sposed to feed her baby mice,but she doesn't like em). She's massive ( about the size of a dinnerplate) I let her wander round (she loves the warmth behind the flat-screen tv, &she's the only thing that scares the pitbulls! Shes so impressive when she's in attack mode :: most women are!
Also have a Mexican red knee, would photograph but she's moulting. XM

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Makko and L-L
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Jan 24, 2021
Reactions: auror., Rogue Proxy and Makko
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Just for you :: from my fave cartoon growing up :: Calvin & Hobbes
View attachment 72839

So disguising yourself as a spider is a suicide method. Spiders really are good for everything.

7ad9b69bc9d2a2d0439a1432953cac4b--spider-costume-halloween-cat.jpg

• Yay!
Reactions: Anxieyote, Shadowplay, one.way.out and 1 other person
Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
haahaa this reminds me of the anime "So im a spider, so what?" :))

Reactions: Makko
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
  • Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Anxieyote, Shadowplay, TriggerHappy and 5 others
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
View attachment 72740

My beautiful beautiful delicious monster :: Coco.
Goliath Birdeater.

That's awesome that you have the world's largest spider species (in mass, the giant huntsman spider is the largest in leg span)!

Ha! Ha! Love that. Do you have a web in your basement to catch & trap casual passers by?!!

Will share some useless info about birdeaters: they were named such because when they were discovered by the English, they were often seen catching & eating tiny jungle hummingbirds & finches (pple assume they eat pigeons etc - sadly not the case). It was opposite of what they had in England (birds eating tiny spiders) & the Victorians loved to shock: (evident in the chimera taxidermy of the time - rabbits with goat horns, baby chicks with two heads etc etc) and off course memento mori.
She eats giant crickets (im sposed to feed her baby mice,but she doesn't like em). She's massive ( about the size of a dinnerplate) I let her wander round (she loves the warmth behind the flat-screen tv, &she's the only thing that scares the pitbulls! Shes so impressive when she's in attack mode :: most women are!
Also have a Mexican red knee, would photograph but she's moulting. XM

Spiders would be excellent for human control. Too bad they, along with other modern terrestrial arthropods, can't get any larger due to the limited oxygen content in the earth's atmosphere.

The tarantula's defensive posture looks so dramatic, and reminds me of a horse rearing up. Oftentimes, whenever I see footage of a tarantula rearing up, my mind replays the sound of a horse whinnying. Also, their toes resemble velvety, cloven hooves.

I hope you have someone who will look after Coco and the Mexican red-knee tarantula, along with your other animal companions. In some species, female tarantulas can live up to 30 - 40 years, and not many people are willing to adopt and properly care for an arachnid.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Am I the only one who likes the naked ones more than the hairy ones? I know they're unfit as pets but I find them more attractive.

25518556_m.jpg

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
Am I the only one who likes the naked ones more than the hairy ones? I know they're unfit as pets but I find them more attractive.

25518556_m.jpg
aesthetically, i'd say they're better.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Being a spider would be great.

• Wow
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and TriggerHappy