• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

redisblue

redisblue

"cut me clean, till i can't think anymore."
Feb 12, 2023
Last week, I was considering ctb with ibuprofen, but after lots of research, I was unsure whether or not it would work. I can't seem to find a straight answer to any of my questions, so I may as well ask here.

Can ibuprofen even kill you?
If so, how much?
Is it painful?
How quick is it?
Will there be any damage if I survive?

By the way, I'm not planning to do this with SN. I don't know any painless, easy and quick methods, so if this isn't any good, can anybody give me some suggestions?

• Hugs
Reactions: lessthanperfect, Endex and Jisatsu_55265181910
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
I dunno about Ibuprofen, I know you can with Paracetamol but I'd never recommend that. You'll experience up to 2 weeks of extreme pain then you pass away due to liver failure. I imagine Ibuprofen would be similar if not the same.

Sadly almost if not all painless methods are not easy to obtain/perform so I can't give you any recommendations atm sorry. I've been trying myself for the past month now with no success.

• Hugs
Reactions: RosyMapleMothss, lessthanperfect, nonialabaster and 3 others
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Ibuprofen is an unreliable method and horrible to the body. You're far more likely to end up with organ damage than ctb. How old are you, by the way?

Reactions: RosyMapleMothss, lessthanperfect, nonialabaster and 3 others
redisblue

redisblue

Feb 12, 2023
I dunno about Ibuprofen, I know you can with Paracetamol but I'd never recommend that. You'll experience up to 2 weeks of extreme pain then you pass away due to liver failure. I imagine Ibuprofen would be similar if not the same.

Sadly almost if not all painless methods are not easy to obtain/perform so I can't give you any recommendations atm sorry. I've been trying myself for the past month now with no success.
Ohh okay :( Thank you anyways :)
Ibuprofen is an unreliable method and horrible to the body. You're far more likely to end up with organ damage than ctb. How old are you, by the way?
Oh shit okay- thank you :(
Also I'm 19

Reactions: RosyMapleMothss, lessthanperfect and Endex
notwhereIbelong

notwhereIbelong

I'm so tired
Feb 12, 2023
I knew a couple people who tried to CTB with ibuprofen and other OTC medications; it just sent them to a psych ward, so not the best method
Prob why they sell them OTC, doubt they would if they were a reliable method of suicide

Reactions: RosyMapleMothss, lessthanperfect, Endex and 2 others
nozomu

nozomu

Nov 28, 2022

Also I'm 19
You're very young. Try to push through as much of your 20s as you can. I understand the pain might feel unbearable and that's very real for you, but for some people simply going through their adulthood is enough to heal. A lot changes in your 20s. Just speaking as a lifelong suicidal person who's approaching 30.

• Love
Reactions: kettzy, Aisley, lessthanperfect and 7 others
nozomu

nozomu

Nov 28, 2022
I knew a couple people who tried to CTB with ibuprofen and other OTC medications; it just sent them to a psych ward, so not the best method
Prob why they sell them OTC, doubt they would if they were a reliable method of suicide
Very true, nothing OTC is reliable to CTB with.

• Informative
Reactions: lessthanperfect, Endex, rationaltake and 1 other person
redisblue

redisblue

Feb 12, 2023
You're very young. Try to push through as much of your 20s as you can. I understand the pain might feel unbearable and that's very real for you, but for some people simply going through their adulthood is enough to heal. A lot changes in your 20s. Just speaking as a lifelong suicidal person who's approaching 30.
Thank you, I really appreciate that :)

• Love
Reactions: lessthanperfect, nonialabaster, Endex and 2 others
looking_for_peace

looking_for_peace

-
Dec 4, 2022
Find a different method. OTC painkillers such as paracetamol and ibuprofen are very difficult to ctb with. They cause organ damage, and it is painful and slow. This might be a good post to do some research on- there are a few pro-lifers in there, but some good information to find nonetheless.

Reactions: lessthanperfect, Jisatsu_55265181910 and redisblue
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I second this! Your 20s can be the best time of your life, give it a chance ❤️ definitely don't do ibuprofen, not a nice way to go. But try and fix things in your life one at a time. Dying isn't easy, sometimes it's better and easier to put the effort into living! I'm sure you have people who will miss you dearly. We'll miss you!

• Love
Reactions: Aisley, lessthanperfect, nonialabaster and 4 others
redisblue

redisblue

Feb 12, 2023
I second this! Your 20s can be the best time of your life, give it a chance ❤️ definitely don't do ibuprofen, not a nice way to go. But try and fix things in your life one at a time. Dying isn't easy, sometimes it's better and easier to put the effort into living! I'm sure you have people who will miss you dearly. We'll miss you!
Thank you! You're all so sweet :heart:;-;

• Love
Reactions: lessthanperfect, nonialabaster, nozomu and 1 other person
nozomu

nozomu

Nov 28, 2022
Thank you, I really appreciate that :)
We are here for you! Really mean that. Talk with us about your feelings any time, and stick with us as long as you can!

• Love
Reactions: Aisley, lessthanperfect and redisblue
redisblue

redisblue

Feb 12, 2023
We are here for you! Really mean that. Talk with us about your feelings any time, and stick with us as long as you can!
Aaah thank you, that means a lot to me! Really glad I joined this place, you're all so lovely :,)

• Love
Reactions: lessthanperfect and nozomu
R

Ramy

Sep 15, 2022
sorry it doesn't work

Reactions: lessthanperfect and redisblue
bubo

bubo

Jul 14, 2022
Other people already answered you, but I want to add on to what they said.

*Any* drug can kill you, if it can't kill you then it's not a drug. However, overdosing with any over the counter drug will be very hard to successfully pull off and will also be very costly. Naturally, the problem with overdosing is largely not the cost however but the 'lethal dose', all drugs (or all drugs I can think of at least) have a very huge difference in their dosage. In other words, if you have a wide difference between a low dose and a lethal dose, you have to take a huge amount before you reach the lethal dose. Again, any drug can kill you however, every drug has a basic dosage, an intoxicating dosage, and a lethal dosage.

Generally for all methods of overdosing you want to take the pills equal to your body weight. Like if you weight 60 kg you should take 600 pills, but this is only a guideline, some say you should take double the dose like instead of 600 maybe try 800. I should also note this is based off old info, drugs are getting less and less toxic nowadays, so they're harder to die from and this should be taken into account when thinking about the lethal dosage.

Also, yes, overdosing on ibuprofen will be very painful. I can't say more than that, it'll just be painful. I can't say I recommend it. If you survive you can suffer from very bad organ damage as well which could fuck you over for life and make you go into debt if you need surgery for it which transplants are generally very expensive

Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
I'd also like to add that the result in overdosing on most drugs will likely be due to liver failure (I know this can happen with paracetamol overdose). Death by liver failure is incredibly painful and lasts for roughly 2 weeks before you finally pass away.

AboutBlank

AboutBlank

The slight hits of happiness are just not worth it
Feb 20, 2023
It is really, really hard to OD on Ibuprofen end even then whats most likely is that youre just gonna have horrible heartburn

Earl E. Demise

Earl E. Demise

Nov 21, 2022
This is from the ASHWiki. NSAID is short for Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, which are drugs with analgetic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties. Well-known members of this class of drugs are aspirin, acetaminophen (i.e. paracetamol) and Ibuprofen. All of these drugs are completely out of the question as far as achieving a peaceful death is concerned. The interactions of these drugs with the body are complicated, and if they cause death at all, it can take weeks or even months for that to happen.
Particularly acetaminophen is bad, because it kills the liver - but slowly, causing patients to suffer agonising pain for several months before they finally do die of liver failure.

twitchymouse

twitchymouse

hows the gutter doing?
Feb 19, 2023
chances are you 1) wont die and 2) will be in excruciating pain

Reactions: lessthanperfect, nonialabaster and redisblue
redisblue

redisblue

Feb 12, 2023
Thank you all for the information and advice on this! I really appreciate it; it's safe to say that my method of ctb will not be ibuprofen or anything of the sort.

Reactions: lessthanperfect
U

umbra_

Feb 21, 2023
I'd also like to add that the result in overdosing on most drugs will likely be due to liver failure (I know this can happen with paracetamol overdose). Death by liver failure is incredibly painful and lasts for roughly 2 weeks before you finally pass away.

Quoting to add my own experience -- Liver failure and chronic liver illness due to two attempts in my past with acetaminophen. I would have died more quickly than weeks, but I was saved, stomach pumped, loaded with fluids and antiemetic, and had surgery on part of my liver to save my life.

It's an incredibly unpleasant way to go. I was in and out of consciousness for hours before I was found and paramedics called. I was intermittently and violently vomiting a clear green-blue water-like substance that after some research is due to the reaction of acetaminophen in the stomach acid. My ears were ringing louder than any coherent thought, and never fully went away. My heart was racing, hovering between 100-160 while lying down. It also caused incredible abdominal pain, headache for DAYS after that you can't take pain medication for, for obvious reasons. I was jaundiced. My heart did almost stop.

I ended up with weeks of painful recovery, a surgical scar, chronic ears ringing/tinnitus, and a sensitivity to acetaminophen due to my weakened liver.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: cyanlove, dead-yaga, lessthanperfect and 4 others
redisblue

redisblue

Feb 12, 2023
I ended up with weeks of painful recovery, a surgical scar, chronic ears ringing/tinnitus, and a sensitivity to acetaminophen due to my weakened liver.
I'm so sorry... Sending hugs and love :((

• Love
Reactions: lessthanperfect and nonialabaster
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023

Also I'm 19
Don't try it, with any OTC, especially Ibufrofen or Tylenol. It will be a miserable, extremely two-week long ordeal, with horrible pain. And it won't kill you. Just give you liver and stomach damage.
Thank you all for the information and advice on this! I really appreciate it; it's safe to say that my method of ctb will not be ibuprofen or anything of the sort.
Good for you! I do wish you'd spend some more time, living your life, and possibly reconsidering it. Things could may well get better. In the meantime, no OTCs.
I'm so sorry... Sending hugs and love :((
My brother, who is six years older than me, had a friend who overdosed on 600 aspirins. In Junior High School! He thought that would do the trick. It most certainly did not do the trick. It made him sick as fuck, though. He turned out to be a great guy, though. I was still in elementary school at the time, and there was an assembly called, about this kid. This was in the 70s. But he was in the hospital for weeks. His heart went nuts, and we all went outside for recess, with Coach Marco. Crying our eyes out. Coach Marco gave us an extra 30 minutes to run that shit off.

Last edited:
  • Love
redisblue

redisblue

Feb 12, 2023
Good for you! I do wish you'd spend some more time, living your life, and possibly reconsidering it. Things could may well get better. In the meantime, no OTCs.

My brother, who is six years older than me, had a friend who overdosed on 600 aspirins. In Junior High School! He thought that would do the trick. It most certainly did not do the trick. It made him sick as fuck, though. He turned out to be a great guy, though. I was still in elementary school at the time, and there was an assembly called, about this kid. This was in the 70s. But he was in the hospital for weeks. His heart went nuts, and we all went outside for recess, with Coach Marco. Crying our eyes out. Coach Marco gave us an extra 30 minutes to run that shit off.
Yeah, I don't think I'm going to use any OTCs, it sounds painful and like it doesn't work - I want a peaceful death, one that works too! Also, thank you for the advice and information! I also wish I would spend more time living my life, I'm just stuck in a depressive episode and have been for so long, I know I'm young but I don't know what else to do. I'm trying really hard though, I can promise you that :( I hope that your brother's friend is doing okay now, that sounds really traumatic...

Reactions: lessthanperfect
Next-to-Nil

Next-to-Nil

Begrudgingly Everlasting
Mar 2, 2023
OBLIGATORY "I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFFESSIONAL", BUT;
If it's abused and taken in large quantities over a short period of time it can cause water build up in the brain or swelling of the brain, potentially leading to death. Ibuprofen is similar to Asprin or antisialic acid (ASA) in that 5 times the dosage at one time is medically threatening. You may experience nausea, returning headaches (yes excessive headache medicine can bring on headaches much worse), increased threat of brain hemmorage or stroke. So short answer; yes, it MAY kill you, but it's pretty much a coin toss and it's gonne be a horrible time.

L

lessthanperfect

Student
Mar 30, 2023
Hey, same question but a little more specific.

If I'm okay with pain and time and have a large supply of ibuprofen (for chronic migraines), does anyone know how much it would take?

Female, 140lbs (64kg), 5'7" (170cm) if that matters. If I could figure out the lethal dose, I'd probably take 5x or 10x that to ensure it works.

Google says 40,704mg (like 200 200mg pills; less than half of a medium bottle (500 200mg pills)) is the lethal dose for someone my weight. Can anyone corroborate or disagree with this value?

This isn't my top choice (a gun, N, nitrogen in an exit bag, or SN), but it would be nice to have an accessible backup plan regardless of how excruciatingly painful it might be.

And good luck OP with whatever method you choose to use when the time comes.

[I once tried with 8,000mg of Tylenol (acetaminophen; 40 200mg pills). My stomach (liver) felt odd for a few hours but not in pain. After that, one day, in a panic where I wasn't thinking straight, I tried with 2,000mg of Ibuprofen (10 200mg pills) and nothing happened, which would sort of make sense if the lethal dose is 20x that much. I do agree that it was stupid and that I shouldn't have been able to die when I wasn't prepared, so I'm mildly thankful, but I do sort of wish I had died then since my life has only gotten worse. At that point, I was much younger than I am now and didn't think to research what the lethal dose would be before trying it and I definitely wouldn't have been prepared to deal with the pain of acute liver failure, etc., but now I would be. I don't know if any of this matters at all but I felt like sharing more is better than sharing less so sorry if I rambled about stuff that isn't relevant.]

Edit: Also, sorry if this is a stupid question, do any other pain medications (Tylenol, etc.) help with pain med overdose? I think I would still do it without that possibility but as much information as possible is good.

Last edited: